The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More civil debate?

Here is another example of a left wing politician.

Last month I read an article from my hometown paper, VenturaCountyStar (reg. bugmenot) ) about a guy, Daniel Avila, who's running for City Council in 1000 Oaks and how he was passing out fliers which stated, ""President George W. Bush Deserves to Be Assassinated." The flier also called for a sexual attack on the president's daughters. Earlier that month he held up bumper stickers with the same message at a City Council meeting. Before that he wielded a hatchet at a meeting. I recall being quite shocked that he hadn't been arrested. All that happened was monitoring by the Secret Service

Another sickening video.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/04/21...st-bush-hater/

You had just as many idiots but the news did not report on them. Where was your outrage?

Secret Service reports that death threats against Obama are up 400% over past presidents. The right wing media, through such kooks as Malkin, Coulter, et al are enabling this type of juvenile behavior. The rhetoric and lack of respect for both the man, the office, and America are reaching all time highs, and it's not going anywhere good. Just on this forum one can see our President being called every name in the book, including "osama", "bumma" and "obongo".

You can pick and choose wacko examples, but bottom line is the SS reports death threats are up 400%. Is anyone happy with that?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Randy Rhodes, Shultz, and Al Franken are just a couple of the left wing nut jobs but look, Al Franken was elected.

These are the mouth pieces for the left and if you want I can find more examples of the "left" calling for the death of Bush during his term. I assume you were just as upset then as you are now.
    No, I happy wasn't then and I am not now. The entire reason for this discussion is a call for or an expectation of outrage. The irony here is the call is made in the face of condoning the identical behavior, by those making the call, in this case dnf777, against President George W. Bush.

So, enough of the phony outrage by those on the left. It is falling on deaf ears
    Last edited by subroc; 09-29-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    "I would certainly hope and expect even his staunchest political foes to strongly rebuke this type of behavior. I also hoped they would rebuke someone yelling "you lie" to the POTUS in house chambers, but that didn't play out"

Just like the left condemned all the calls for Bushes assignation. You had the left spouting off on their little listened to radio program that they hoped Bush would be taken out.

Where was your outrage then? It was disgusting then just as it is now.
    I certainly was, whenever I heard it. I didn't like that movie where they blew up the whitehouse and people cheered, either. Please don't talk about selective outrage. I've seen enough lately to make me vomit.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    No, I happy wasn't then and I am not now. The entire reason for this discussion is a call for or an expectation of outrage. The irony here is the call is made in the face of condoning the identical behavior, by those making the call, in this case dnf777, against President George W. Bush.

So, enough of the phony outrage by those on the left. It is falling on deaf ears

Whoa! Stop the bus. Are you saying that I called for harm on Pres Bush?? you better be ready to back that up, because that is a flat-out, bold-faced LIE! I served under Pres Bush, and as much as I disagreed with him, I served him honorably, and NEVER called for harm to him. Is that what You're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    ...Please don't talk about selective outrage. I've seen enough lately to make me vomit.
    well, I expect you are just starting to see it now. You were obviously oblivious to it during the last administration.

Maybe your choice of news is so onesided you are not getting the whole story, only the half that is run through a left wing filter
    Last edited by subroc; 09-29-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: added comment I was responding to.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Whoa! Stop the bus. Are you saying that I called for harm on Pres Bush?? you better be ready to back that up, because that is a flat-out, bold-faced LIE! I served under Pres Bush, and as much as I disagreed with him, I served him honorably, and NEVER called for harm to him. Is that what You're saying?

don't put words in my mouth, I didn't put them in yours.

read the post again.

Your call was for outrage or at least condmnation at the treatment.

My point, throughout this message string is simple and on focus. President George W. Bush was treated far worse by the left than obama is by anybody. There were no calls by the left to stop it.
    Last edited by subroc; 09-29-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added original comment
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

Your call was for outrage or at least condmnation at the treatment.

My point, throughout this message string is simple and on focus. President George W. Bush was treated far worse by the left than obama is by anybody. There were no calls by the left to stop it.
    I guess that the right is no better in this regard than the left.

You're looking back over 8 years of history with Bush. Obama has been in office for 9 months. How many examples can you come up with from Bush's first 9 months?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Secret Service reports that death threats against Obama are up 400% over past presidents. The right wing media, through such kooks as Malkin, Coulter, et al are enabling this type of juvenile behavior. The rhetoric and lack of respect for both the man, the office, and America are reaching all time highs, and it's not going anywhere good. Just on this forum one can see our President being called every name in the book, including "osama", "bumma" and "obongo".

You can pick and choose wacko examples, but bottom line is the SS reports death threats are up 400%. Is anyone happy with that?
    No rational human being wants to see harm come to our President but I will tell you this. I suspect I am older than you, did my time for my country, been successful in business, lived under good and not so good administrations and watched for the last 8 years as the left savaged the Bush administration for the sole purpose of regaining the power they had lost, not giving one wit whether or not it was good for the country. Through all this I have never lost my faith in the American system and the belief that whatever administration was in power they had a degree of competency and a deep belief in the American way of life. For the first time I am not so sure.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.