The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans ask for apology

I heard the audio of Grayson on radio. It was a ranting ... loud & empassioned. Like somebody on the campaign trail. I think that tone had at least something to do with the reaction.

I remember something about: don't get sick, but if you do get sick then die quickly.

However, it was pointed out that until now Ds have not admitted that the Rs have even presented any plans ... that they have just said "no" to what Ds have proposed. So, this was the first acknowledgment that the Rs have actually presented options. However, it seems that the media have not informed us of what those options might be? They might be worthless, but it would still be nice to know something about them.

My sense is that it is not all that uncommon for members of Congress to throw insults around at each other in the hallowed halls. If all had to apologize, they might have even less time to devote to true business of lawmaking. Grayson must have been beyond the norm for an apology to be demanded?

The Rs supported having Wilson formally apologize. While I do NOT disagree that being rude to a Pres is unacceptable and boorish, I'm still scratching my head over the fact that if you can get a large enough bunch together (so you can't identify an individual), it is okay to be rude enough to loudly boo a Pres. & have nobody blink at that. Mob rule? Isn't that what lynch mobs are all about?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Yes, but Jeff.....it wasn't put on charts for all the world to see, including the Congrssional Record.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    Yes, but Jeff.....it wasn't put on charts for all the world to see, including the Congrssional Record.
    I believe it is on the congressional record. I'll try and remember the congresswoman's name so I can look it up.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Times have changed or has anyone noticed. Polititians are no longer just rich,lying ,little scum bags trying to line their own pockets.
    They have developed over the years into "benjeman buttons" and are in there last phases of life,,,behaving like juvinals,,,without a thread of common sense or compasion. No more decended testicals,,,they have scriveled beyond recognition. Neither party need to apologize

Most of them are acting like spoiled brats
    They need to be spanked and their dipers need to be changed.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I heard the audio of Grayson on radio. It was a ranting ... loud & empassioned. Like somebody on the campaign trail. I think that tone had at least something to do with the reaction.

I remember something about: don't get sick, but if you do get sick then die quickly.

However, it was pointed out that until now Ds have not admitted that the Rs have even presented any plans ... that they have just said "no" to what Ds have proposed. So, this was the first acknowledgment that the Rs have actually presented options. However, it seems that the media have not informed us of what those options might be? They might be worthless, but it would still be nice to know something about them.

My sense is that it is not all that uncommon for members of Congress to throw insults around at each other in the hallowed halls. If all had to apologize, they might have even less time to devote to true business of lawmaking. Grayson must have been beyond the norm for an apology to be demanded?

The Rs supported having Wilson formally apologize. While I do NOT disagree that being rude to a Pres is unacceptable and boorish, I'm still scratching my head over the fact that if you can get a large enough bunch together (so you can't identify an individual), it is okay to be rude enough to loudly boo a Pres. & have nobody blink at that. Mob rule? Isn't that what lynch mobs are all about?
    No one is stifling repubicans. Boehner, McCain, and all the rest have ample public forum to present a plan. They have not presented anything except that brief, no-numbers, proposal of a plan. I think that is making it harder for them to make their case AGAINST the current plans. I'm sure they have many objections to the current proposals, as do I, but it may be a good starting point to hammer out a bipartisan bill???
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) warned Americans that "Republicans want you to die quickly" during an after-hours House floor speech Tuesday night.

His remarks, which drew angry and immediate calls for an apology from Republicans, were highlighted by a sign reading "The Republican Health Care Plan: Die Quickly."

This is, of course, only a portion of his outlandish and baseless claim.

Evan
    The big difference here is the Democrats (secular progressives) want you do die early, very early, before your even born!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The big difference here is the Democrats (secular progressives) want you do die early, very early, before your even born!!
    The facts speak otherwise. I can't vouch for this Christian website, but the sources that tables were derived from are reliable and verifiable.

There are lots of paradoxes between stated beliefs and actual behavior when broken down by states. The most liberal states behave much more in line with conservative principles, and vice-versa. This is one example.

As for abortions, all I'll say is, I'll never get one!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I can't vouch for this Christian website, but the sources that tables were derived from are reliable and verifiable.

Did you mean to include a link? I'd like to take a look.

Thx...

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    That may be true, but he has something most democrats lack and that is a backbone. He stands for what he believes in and is unapologetic about it.
    I dunno about that. He and ACORN had been sticking their tongues down each other's throats for a few years...right up until ACORN's recent, ahem, troubles. It got a little too hot in the kitchen for Grayson (which will happen when you're an uber-liberal democrat fish-out-of-water in a right-leaning district) and he did the politically expedient thing and cut his pals at ACORN loose in the vote to defund them. An iron will and backbone to match? Umm, yeah...not so much.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.