The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why all the partisan bickering

Default Why all the partisan bickering

I have to admit I enjoy a political DISCUSSION as much as anyone, but the going on here on POTUS are a snapshot of what is happening in the real world.

Someone posts that Senator, Congressperson or President (fill in name and party) said or did this and in typical partisan fashion, someone with a polar opposite view will respond with , well this Senator, Congressperson, or President from the opposing party did the same thing...of course they did

we can spend all day on the computer playing cut and paste to find quotes, and supporting articles to either debunk or neutralize the other viewpoint

Its so predictable on here. I personally think the solution is to remove these politicians, I wonder if politicians didnt have a Rep. or Dem. after their name if we would actually listen to them and find out for ourselves if they are worth my vote and support

You guys and gals that think you are presenting an opposing viewpoint by finding a similar politician transgression from the opposition, really arent...all it is is a urinating match...think about it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Couldn't agree more. The Afghanistan thread has been very enjoyable, and so far has avoided the name-calling and insults!

While healthcare is a very important issue, I think Afghanistan poses more existential issues to us as a nation. Certainly anyone who has or will have kids of fighting age needs to take notice, as if we get mired in Afghanistan, I see no way to avoid a draft. By historical precedent, we should have a draft NOW, to alleviate the burden these wars have placed on our military. Murder, suicide, domestic abuse, depression....are all at all-time highs amongst our troops at this point, which to me says they need some relief. But a draft would be political suicide, and that is high on the driving list nowadays.

oops, didn't mean to thread-jump there
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

You know Dave its one of the reasons I quit listening to the Sean Hannity show, he is the MOST partisan talk show host I ever had the displeasure (not really sure if its a word) of listening to. I do agree a return to a draft would be a step in the right direction,but in this day of litigation I am sure that someone would challenge the constitutional right to assemble a military force
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Reminds me of something my dad used to say when I was a kid. Something like - does that mean if your friends jumped off a bridge, it would be a good idea for you to do it to?

Or maybe it was two wrongs don't make a right?

Never mind...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Yes, Bon, it is absolutely annoying. There are some that are much worse than others and there are some that can actually hold a conversation without blaming the opposite party for everything in the world.

I wish everyone would grow up. Not necessarily on here, but throughout the country and especially DC.
    ________
    No2 Vaporizer Reviews
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:54 PM.

The spirit of Potus Place....

One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I would to see less ad hominem in these threads. Its time we stop the name calling and blame finding. There are a number of perils the country faces. We need to dialogue and get some solutions or divided we will most certainly fall as a nation.

We are for the most part concerned about the future of the country--liberal and conservative, democrat and republican, alike. We are sure to have differences, but those differences do not merit the bile and hatred spewed out here. Bile and hatred contributes nothing to the discussion. It may serve as a catharsis for those who spew, but it also convinces others of the ignorance of those who utter the abuse.

The vile names that have been hurled in this forum toward people of opposing opinions should be viewed as a loss of the argument by the name caller.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 10-01-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Zeus, I can bipartisanally agree with you...

Now if everyone would practice it...
    ________
    Beautiful brunette melanie enjoys a hardcore fuck
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:54 PM.

I couldn't disagree more. There is nothing wrong with partisanship. We can be civil but we certainly have every right to stand up strongly for principles we believe in strongly. From personal experience, those people that are always interested in finding middle ground between competing ideas are just those too intellectually lazy to form and believe in their own.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Reminds me of something my dad used to say when I was a kid. Something like - does that mean if your friends jumped off a bridge, it would be a good idea for you to do it to?

Or maybe it was two wrongs don't make a right?

Never mind...
    Yeah, but he started it!!

Frankly, there are a couple guys here I go at it with that I am hoping to meet, maybe work our dogs together, have a couple roosters in the bag, look at the colorful leaves with the gold hue of fall, and afterwards enjoy a Rocky Patel and a pull off the flask (0le' #7).

I am certain dnf and I would have a great day in the field and I am certain others feel the same.

I also feel that most of us actually have something in common that is far to rare in America today....LOVE!!

We all LOVE our dogs, the common denominator here!!

PEACE!!

stan b

p.s.--I think it's all Bush's fault!!
    Stan b & Elvis