The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Why Republicans lost the election?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default Why Republicans lost the election?

    JohnMcCain's new mission: A GOP makeover


    October 2, 2009 - 5:28am




    (AP)



    Sen. John McCain couldn't become President of the United States so his next impossible mission is even more daunting: Reshape the Republican Party in his own image.
    Politico reports McCain is working behind the scenes to remake the GOP.
    His vision? A center-right party that appeals to political pragmatists and moderates.
    It won't be easy. Right-wing extremists hijacked the Republican Party many years ago and have a solid hold.
    McCain, however, is stubborn and persistent.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Republicans lost the election because they are not conservative.
    There has not been someone truely conservative since Goldwater ,,Ronald Reagan was pretty good in his first term though.

    Most others were and are compromisers which makes them a non conservative.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Senior Member ErinsEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Republicans lost the election because they are not conservative.
    There has not been someone truely conservative since Goldwater ,,Ronald Reagan was pretty good in his first term though.

    Most others were and are compromisers which makes them a non conservative.

    Pete
    Exactly! (had to add the ! to let it post)
    Nancy P



    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

  4. #4
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    John McCain believes that. After all, it can't be that he is the problem. He only received many of the voted that he did because he was the better of the two choices not because many believed in him. That is a distinction with a difference.
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  5. #5
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    JohnMcCain's new mission: A GOP makeover


    October 2, 2009 - 5:28am




    (AP)



    Sen. John McCain couldn't become President of the United States so his next impossible mission is even more daunting: Reshape the Republican Party in his own image.
    Politico reports McCain is working behind the scenes to remake the GOP.
    His vision? A center-right party that appeals to political pragmatists and moderates.
    It won't be easy. Right-wing extremists hijacked the Republican Party many years ago and have a solid hold.
    McCain, however, is stubborn and persistent.
    To see the reason the Republicans lost the election one need only to look above.

    A very poor choice and not a conservative in any way.

    A true American hero, but not a conservative.

    Pawlenty, Romney and Gingrich with a dash of Palin.
    It's comin' leftys!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  6. #6
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    To see the reason the Republicans lost the election one need only to look above.

    A very poor choice and not a conservative in any way.

    A true American hero, but not a conservative.

    Pawlenty, Romney and Gingrich with a dash of Palin.
    It's comin' leftys!!
    you are correct but the Republicans set up for the wrong opponent,everyone and I mean everyone thought the Dem nominee was going to be Hilary and they thought that they needed a moderate to defeat her. when BHO gained momentum all the true conservative candidates were out and we were left with an 72 yrl old curmudgeon and a fresh faced but very inexperienced Palin. compared to BHO they were destined to fail . right wing extremists havent hijacked the party, if they had they wouldn't have nominated McCain. The party compromised on its core values and went to the middle and BHO was the more attractive choice to the US.

    McCain likes to cloak himself in the conservative blanket, but he is a moderate at best and by some standards a RINO...also McCain- Feingold bill that he helped pass came back to bit him in his butt
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    This country would be far more secure and much better off with McCain as POTUS instead of Osama. What a shame that many folks give no thought to or don't know the issues when they vote.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Republicans lost the election because they are not conservative.
    There has not been someone truely conservative since Goldwater ,,Ronald Reagan was pretty good in his first term though.

    Most others were and are compromisers which makes them a non conservative.

    Pete
    If you want Goldwater's take on today's Republicans, you should read this book:

    http://www.amazon.com/Conservatives-.../dp/0670037745

    It was written by John Dean, but originally conceived along with Goldwater. Before his death, Goldwater planned to co-write the book with Dean.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  9. #9
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If you want Goldwater's take on today's Republicans, you should read this book:

    http://www.amazon.com/Conservatives-.../dp/0670037745

    It was written by John Dean, but originally conceived along with Goldwater. Before his death, Goldwater planned to co-write the book with Dean.
    Buzz,
    Have you read that book?
    If so, is it decent or is it an attack?
    I mean it can be negative about todays so called conservative, and be legit.

    I sincerely ask your advice if it is worth reading.
    If you say it is, I will.

    stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #10
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    you are correct but the Republicans set up for the wrong opponent,everyone and I mean everyone thought the Dem nominee was going to be Hilary and they thought that they needed a moderate to defeat her. when BHO gained momentum all the true conservative candidates were out and we were left with an 72 yrl old curmudgeon and a fresh faced but very inexperienced Palin. compared to BHO they were destined to fail . right wing extremists havent hijacked the party, if they had they wouldn't have nominated McCain. The party compromised on its core values and went to the middle and BHO was the more attractive choice to the US.

    McCain likes to cloak himself in the conservative blanket, but he is a moderate at best and by some standards a RINO...also McCain- Feingold bill that he helped pass came back to bit him in his butt

    JFK and HHH were to the right of McCain!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Similar Threads

  1. Republicans ask for apology
    By cotts135 in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 03:19 AM
  2. Pelosi Censors Republicans
    By Paul Kartes in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 04:18 PM
  3. Hooray For The Republicans
    By Franco in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 12:22 PM
  4. Holiday Greetings for Democrats and Republicans!
    By AmiableLabs in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 07:31 PM
  5. HRC election
    By Bobby Williams in forum Event Information
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 08:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •