The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So much for the Obama factor

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    Although close to 50% of the natives are against it since Daly announced the city would pick up any over-runs.
    It's doubtful that Chicagoans would have had much of a tab to pick up as Obama's fellow Chicagoan and Consigliari, Valerie Jarrett, was already in the process of assuring that nearly a billion dollars of federal money would find its way into the right crook's....errr....Chicago Olympic official's hands.

Knocked out in the first round, no less. I bet Obama tore somebody's arse up for leading him to believe that Chicago actually had a prayer.

The person I really feel bad for is Michelle. The poor thing sacrificed so much flying to Copenhagen, too. Oh, the humanity of it all.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Have the riots started in Chicago? This has got to be racism!
    It sure didnít take long for race to creep into the discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I don't understand why it would have been such a bad thing for Chicago, and by extension the USA to get the Olympics. I would have loved to be able to take my daughter who will be 17 in 2016, and enjoy the games with her. Beyond the fact that Obama lives there and was trying to help bring the games to his city, what beef does the right have that is legit? It seems that to some, whatever Obama does is evil and going to destroy the fabric of America.
    Buzz,
    I don't hate Obama, but do you ask questions when campain promises are not met? Do you wonder about the Chicago connection on the principle players?
    Why are we considered evil because the opposite of what is promised, where is the promised transparency, The five days posting before voting on the bill,Why pass the stimulus bill with out the promised time, Why tryy to push through the health care before it can be read?

The biggest difference in the Chicago polotics, Al Capone, Barack Obama?
    Obama does not wear a fedora hat else everything seems the same.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

I asked the same questions about George W. Bush and question motives as far as oil and Iraqu war. Especially when the comment was made about protecting our Oil. Being raised by two Depression era parents you are taught to be more conservative in spending. I always thought cutting taxes on small businesses could get the same effect with more employment than the stimulus bill.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    1.I don't understand why it would have been such a bad thing for Chicago, and by extension the USA to get the Olympics.
    2.I would have loved to be able to take my daughter who will be 17 in 2016, and enjoy the games with her.
    3. Beyond the fact that Obama lives there and was trying to help bring the games to his city, what beef does the right have that is legit?
    4. It seems that to some, whatever Obama does is evil and going to destroy the fabric of America.
    1. You must have already forgotten the cost overruns and scandals that were occurring with the 2002 Olympics at Salt Lake City until Romney got involved. You really belive that Chicago, of all places, would be free of the corruption that plagues the Olympic process.
    2. Why can't you take your daughter to Brazil and have her experience a d ifferent culture as well? You've got 7 years to save your money. Or don't you think that PBO's rising tide is going to float your boat too?
    3. Beyond the hypocrisy that this whole Presidential sales pitch invloved? Do you think he would have gone to these lengths if South Dakota (or anywhere else in the USA) wanted to hold the Olympics?
    No, because he wouldn't have vested interests there, they wouldn't have been able to do business "the Chicago way".
    No other President has gone to bat like this for US city host bidding. Why did Michelle have to fly over there on her own w/ all her entourage in AF2 and PBO a day later in AF1? Because there was a boatload of money to be skimmed off for orgs like ACORN, SEIU & other Presidential investors. How much of your tax dollars were spent going to Copenhagen? Why couldn't this supposed "green" President have made a videoconference pitch with all his "star power" to the IOC and prevent all that carbon usage.

Because he's more interested in "doing" the Presidency than "being" the President.

4. Because no one seems to see the storm approaching. The numbers aren't there to support this spending binge that has been and is continuing to grow. People like you and me, our kids & grandkids are going to reap the whirlwind that has been sown, not the Obamas, Bushes, Clintons etc.
    US!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

CNN was absolutely AGHAST at the decision:

http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/20...ouncement.html

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Best news of the day, it means Osama's cronies won't have a chance to line their pockets buy selling land to the Olympic comm. It also means we the taxpayer won't be on the hook for the money lost by the games.

Osama should have stayed home and worked on America's real problems like the economy,the Iranian mess and Afghanistan. That would have saved American taxpayers money that was wasted on this junket.
    Last edited by Bob Gutermuth; 10-02-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Since when is Chicago Obongolo's home town??? The document I saw which he used for his free Harvard education said he was from Indonesia.
    Last edited by gman0046; 10-03-2009 at 09:49 AM.

It didn't take long. It is the fault of President George W Bush that obama failed to get the olympics for the city of Chicago.

Others of course do not blame the current president at all. In fact, Senator Roland Burris blamed the failure on former president George W. Bush. He believes that the eight years under Bush has caused the rest of the world to view the United States in a negative light. Well if Roland Burris says it then it must be the truth, right?
    http://www.examiner.com/x-6996-Louis...hat-Dream-Team
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Even the NY Times was critical of of O playing the role of pitchman.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.