The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats, are you happy?

Default Democrats, are you happy?

Here's a serious question for those on the left. Now that the Dems have controlled the Federal government in its entirety for the last 10 months and Congress for the last couple of years, are you happy with what they've accomplished? If so, can you give some examples of those things that have improved the country or your life in particular? If not, what would you like for them to accomplish to make our lives better? Please avoid the "they would have done XXXX, but the Republicans wouldn't let them" type of arguments. I'm just curious about what has been accomplished that makes their supporters proud to be their supporters.
    Hopefully this will be a civil discussion. Please keep the name-calling and juvinile behavior to a minimum.
    Thanks,
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

I'm not on the left or right.
    I'm conservative in behavior and life style
    This is some of the stuff I would like to see

Only dispose welfare to those who are unable to take care of themselves

Send troops home, and let other countries take care of their own problems

Close borders ,,and convieniently send those here illigally--- home.

Bring the price of AMMo down

Balance budget and pay down debt

The next time Iran threatens us with mass distruction,,,do unto to them before they do unto us

Go to a new taxing system
    Get rid of the federal researve
    Get rid of NAFDA

encourage manufactering at home and
    Give insentives for americans to set up shop here in the US

Thats a few things That would improve things for the majority of people,,, some of it requires a slow transition and some of it can be done overnight.

Honestly in the last 20 years I cant think of anything the government has done to improve my life. The best thing goverment can do to improve peoples lives is just up hold the constitution and let state governments do what they need to do to make their states better for the people. Also they should stay out of peoples lives.

You cant save everyone from themselves

So what massachusettes would do is different than what wyoming would do.
    If people like what massachusetes does then they can move there if people like what wyoming does then they can move there.
    Quit making across the board rules for things which should not apply to an area. It makes no sence

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    Here's a serious question for those on the left. Now that the Dems have controlled the Federal government in its entirety for the last 10 months and Congress for the last couple of years, are you happy with what they've accomplished? If so, can you give some examples of those things that have improved the country or your life in particular? If not, what would you like for them to accomplish to make our lives better? Please avoid the "they would have done XXXX, but the Republicans wouldn't let them" type of arguments. I'm just curious about what has been accomplished that makes their supporters proud to be their supporters.
    Hopefully this will be a civil discussion. Please keep the name-calling and juvinile behavior to a minimum.
    Thanks,
    Were YOU happy with where the country was on Jan 19? Largest budget deficit in history, largest government, two wars with no exit strategy? And don't anyone remind me Bush isn't president anymore. To ignore history is moronic. Remember the hole neocon policy got us into before running back to them!

You can't take a snapshot in time and project that to all that is. Look at trends and the effects on the long term that policies have had.

If we could have back the money we've spent in Iraq (not to mention the lives) We could pay for the bailout, provide MEANINGFUL health reform, and invest in energy independence. And probably have enough left over to repair our collapsing bridges and crumbling roads.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Were YOU happy with where the country was on Jan 19? Largest budget deficit in history, largest government, two wars with no exit strategy? .

If these are your issues, you must be horrified now.

Because all that has happened is these problems, and more, have escalated.

Plus.....we didn't get the Olympics!!

Oh well, I am sure he will negotiate better with Iran than the IOC!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Were YOU happy with where the country was on Jan 19? Largest budget deficit in history, largest government, two wars with no exit strategy? And don't anyone remind me Bush isn't president anymore. To ignore history is moronic. Remember the hole neocon policy got us into before running back to them!

You can't take a snapshot in time and project that to all that is. Look at trends and the effects on the long term that policies have had.

If we could have back the money we've spent in Iraq (not to mention the lives) We could pay for the bailout, provide MEANINGFUL health reform, and invest in energy independence. And probably have enough left over to repair our collapsing bridges and crumbling roads.
    So I guess your answer is "no" since you chose to deflect. I wasn't trying to start a right/left pissing match. It was a simple question. You don't have to defend your folks or tear down the last administration. I just want to know what you point to with pride that the Democrats have done this year. Oh well.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Bush was caving into the Dems big time.....and grew this government to unbelievable heights...he was an idiot for doing so......you keep up with the mantra of no exit strategy......like its a big deal. It's the same old liberal BS. It's not the exit strategy, stupid....its accomplishing the mission. When the goals have been accomplished, we come home. It's people like you that caused us to LOSE in Viet Nam.

Your crap about military spending vs taking that money and spending it domestically is so lame.....it's right out of the 60's. Slick Willy and the Dems controlling the House and Senate finance committees drove the bus off the edge by creating the mortgage crises that damn near sunk this economy.

Your boys hold all the cards...they chose to spend like wild a$$ indians on the bailout and have a stranglehold on your MEANINGFUL health reform and energy independance is out there for the taking but for the WACKO environmentalists that really control your party. If they would simply let US companies drill we'd be out of the woods. But no, the Chi-Comms are drilling off Florida and the Brits have hit the biggest field in world history in the western gulf.

Not to mention what the incredibly STUPID environmentalists have done to the central valley of California, a veritable Garden of Eden and now a dust bowl over a FRICKING FISH!!!!
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Democrats and Republicans are the same party.

Doesn't anybody get that yet???

--Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    Democrats and Republicans are the same party.

Doesn't anybody get that yet???

You said it! I find it hilarious that whenever I remind people of the follies of the last administration, and they THEY grew the gov't and the debt, they have NO reply other than to say I"m defending Obama! Weak.

I've said more times that I can count, that I don't subscribe to the disasterous, self-serving platforms of either major party.

I am very concerned about Obama's spending. There's alot of things that I hold dear, but realize we gotta pay some bills before we can afford them. Bush didn't seem to understand that either. Let's pretend the Iraq trillion dollar war was necessary for the sake of argument. The tax-cut for corporations and the very wealthy was a gift we could not afford! And don't give me it created jobs for cryin out loud. Outrage at this president is only legit if you expressed outrage at the last guy's spending....what I"m seeing is just partisan politics for the most part.

I agree with you luvalab, the rest is just a rant.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

You said it! I find it hilarious that whenever I remind people of the follies of the last administration, and they THEY grew the gov't and the debt, they have NO reply other than to say I"m defending Obama! Weak.

I've said more times that I can count, that I don't subscribe to the disasterous, self-serving platforms of either major party.

I am very concerned about Obama's spending. There's alot of things that I hold dear, but realize we gotta pay some bills before we can afford them. Bush didn't seem to understand that either. Let's pretend the Iraq trillion dollar war was necessary for the sake of argument. The tax-cut for corporations and the very wealthy was a gift we could not afford! And don't give me it created jobs for cryin out loud. Outrage at this president is only legit if you expressed outrage at the last guy's spending....what I"m seeing is just partisan politics for the most part.

I agree with you luvalab, the rest is just a rant.
    Just to be fair, let's not forget Mr. Clinton. He was downright artful.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

You just can't answer the question can you?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth