The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats, are you happy?

"6. While it is too soon to see what benefits, if any, will result, the administration has dramatically improved perceptions of the US worldwide si that more countries are willing to work with us on difficult issues. There have been some signs of this is dealings with Iran and the Palestine/Israel conflict."

Really?

Outside of Chavez, Ahmenedajead(sp?), Castro, Gahdaffi and Carter, who's opinion of us has improved?

Just list the names and your references to support such an absurd claim below:
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Actually, I think the question was what were Democrats happy about, not what were conservatives angry about.

#3 - Yes, the force has been increased by over 20,000 since January (actually 21000 were authorized, but not all have been move in yet). The strategy was radically changed from one of withdrawal to a limited number of safe zones to confrontation of the enemy on a much broader scale (explaining the increase in casualties). The command structure was changed with the appointment of McChrystal.

Fact check.....the troop increase was a rubber stamp by the Obama admin...it was in the pipeline way before he took office. As was Operation Khanjar. It was a copy cat of the highly successful troop surge in Iraq.
    Stalemate maybe...withdrawal...definitely not. Marines actually started moving into the area as early as March 2008.

The 10,000 troops arriving in June was to be supplemented by an additional 11,000. I cannot find any evidence that the balance has yet arrived. Hence the call for more troops.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    So I guess your answer is "no" since you chose to deflect. I wasn't trying to start a right/left pissing match. It was a simple question. You don't have to defend your folks or tear down the last administration. I just want to know what you point to with pride that the Democrats have done this year. Oh well.
    Yes you were. Your intention was to rebut any answer you recieved.

Personally, I can't point with pride at anything the government has done in the last couple decades, regardless of party.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm not on the left or right.
    I'm conservative in behavior and life style
    This is some of the stuff I would like to see

Only dispose welfare to those who are unable to take care of themselves

Send troops home, and let other countries take care of their own problems

Close borders ,,and convieniently send those here illigally--- home.

Bring the price of AMMo down

Balance budget and pay down debt

The next time Iran threatens us with mass distruction,,,do unto to them before they do unto us

Go to a new taxing system
    Get rid of the federal researve
    Get rid of NAFDA

encourage manufactering at home and
    Give insentives for americans to set up shop here in the US

Thats a few things That would improve things for the majority of people,,, some of it requires a slow transition and some of it can be done overnight.

Honestly in the last 20 years I cant think of anything the government has done to improve my life. The best thing goverment can do to improve peoples lives is just up hold the constitution and let state governments do what they need to do to make their states better for the people. Also they should stay out of peoples lives.

You cant save everyone from themselves

So what massachusettes would do is different than what wyoming would do.
    If people like what massachusetes does then they can move there if people like what wyoming does then they can move there.
    Quit making across the board rules for things which should not apply to an area. It makes no sence

Pete
    Are you running in 2012? Where do I send contribution?
    Youv'e got my vote!

Matin
    "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still!" Les Brown

Poor is an attitude, broke is a temporary situation!

GO HOGS!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Personally, I can't point with pride at anything the government has done in the last couple decades, regardless of party.

JD
    - for once we agree - other than I did support, & still do, keeping the fight in the Middle East.

But with - "Read My Lips" Bush, "Dip My Pen in the Company Ink" Clinton, & the "Compassionate Conservative" Bush you couldn't expect much. & now we have Obongo, who is trying to be a combination of Carter & FDR & proving to be the worst of both.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    Fact check.....the troop increase was a rubber stamp by the Obama admin...it was in the pipeline way before he took office. As was Operation Khanjar. It was a copy cat of the highly successful troop surge in Iraq.
    Stalemate maybe...withdrawal...definitely not. Marines actually started moving into the area as early as March 2008.

The 10,000 troops arriving in June was to be supplemented by an additional 11,000. I cannot find any evidence that the balance has yet arrived. Hence the call for more troops.
    According to statements by Gates, US troop levels at the end of the last administration were about 36,000. Levels are now at 64,000 and 68,000 have been authorized. Some of the increases were authorized by Bush; most were authorized by Obama since he became President.

The only thing that will reel in our out-of-control govenment is for the energy states to talking seriously about Secession.

The old saying, "Money talks and B S walks" holds so true here.

All our government with our career politicians are nothing more than B S. Both sides of the isle have created the mess and it is "the people" that need to take control.

We need to enforce strict term limits as well as qualifying voters. If a person can not pass a standard civics test given in American(English to some), then they can't vote.

No more illegals and crackheads determining who will be our President.

The energy states have the power to control and our leadership needs to step up before it is too late as the current administration has accelerated our desent into disaster.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The only thing that will reel in our out-of-control govenment is for the energy states to talking seriously about Secession.

The old saying, "Money talks and B S walks" holds so true here.

All our government with our career politicians are nothing more than B S. Both sides of the isle have created the mess and it is "the people" that need to take control.

We need to enforce strict term limits as well as qualifying voters. If a person can not pass a standard civics test given in American(English to some), then they can't vote.

No more illegals and crackheads determining who will be our President.

The energy states have the power to control and our leadership needs to step up before it is too late as the current administration has accelerated our desent into disaster.
    Not only that, let's take the vote away from anyone caught underpaying taxes, anyone making an illegal campaign contribution, anyone arguing for secession, and all the other criminal types running around.

I say let all citizens vote (no exclusions even on death row). In fact, make it mandatory. The Russian solution for dissidents was to put them in insane asylums. Many in this country would like to put them in jail. Let everyone vote and if there are too many prisoners they will toss the jailers out.

There is no way to limit the vote without giving those with the power an open license to steal elections. That happened for years with poll taxes and "literacy" tests, combined with frequent changes of polling places with only selective notice. The Courts appropriately recognized those actions for what they were and threw them out.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

I say let all citizens vote (no exclusions even on death row). In fact, make it mandatory.
    Only if you want to continue our downward spiral.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Only if you want to continue our downward spiral.
    I'd rather take my chances with democracy than bet on any self sustaining group's idea of right directions.