The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Democrats, are you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Not only that, let's take the vote away from anyone caught underpaying taxes, anyone making an illegal campaign contribution, anyone arguing for secession, and all the other criminal types running around.
    These people don't need to vote. They are the ones in office or being appointed to lead positions in our government.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    These people don't need to vote. They are the ones in office or being appointed to lead positions in our government.
    Certainly some of them are. Others help run the national parties, and I suspect some help organize tea parties. Personally, however, I would stick with my plan A: give every adult citizen the vote and make voting mandatory. Let's top having elections decided by which 35-40% of the electorate decides not to vote.

Do you really think it is a great idea to have people that know nothing about what or whom they are voting for being required to vote? If you don't do your homework and vote educatedly (), you shouldn't be voting. I can't stand when people vote a straight ticket, as it is another form of uneducated voting.
    ________
    Nikita
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Certainly some of them are. Others help run the national parties, and I suspect some help organize tea parties. Personally, however, I would stick with my plan A: give every adult citizen the vote and make voting mandatory. Let's top having elections decided by which 35-40% of the electorate decides not to vote.
    Would that include Military Active Duty personell??

Just askin'........
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Would that include Military Active Duty personell??

Just askin'........
    Certainly those 18 and over. Why not have voting machines set up specifically to capture the military vote instead of requiring absentee ballots in every case? The logistics might be a little complicated, but the current set up makes it too hard for our soldiers to fulfill the voting responsibilities. In fact, once we figure out how to collect votes efficiently on a military base, doing the same on college campuses should be a cinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The only thing that will reel in our out-of-control govenment is for the energy states to talking seriously about Secession.

The energy states have the power to control and our leadership needs to step up before it is too late as the current administration has accelerated our desent into disaster.
    You gonna elect J.R. Ewing president, are you? Kinky Freidman for speaker of the House?
    Last edited by zeus3925; 10-06-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    You gonna elect J.R. Ewing president, are you? Kinky Freidman for speaker of the House?
    I was thinking more along the lines of; Dick Cheney, J C Watts, Bobby Jindal and Drew Brees.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of; Dick Cheney, J C Watts, Bobby Jindal and Drew Brees.
    Yeah they'll set it real straight. Do the conservatives get issued arm bands, too? Got to have someway of tellin' them apart from them destructive "liberals"!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Do you really think it is a great idea to have people that know nothing about what or whom they are voting for being required to vote? If you don't do your homework and vote educatedly (), you shouldn't be voting. I can't stand when people vote a straight ticket, as it is another form of uneducated voting.
    Fair question. Most evidence suggests that the majority of voters who do go to the polls have no idea who most of the candidates are except for national elections. They know least about people in the most local spots with almost no one knowing anything about boards of education. I am perfectly happy adding a choice on ballots for "No choice". However, if we begin approaching voting as a mandatory requirement with penalties associated with non-compliance, we also get rid of a number of marginally corrupt practices now followed in an effort to exclude voters and force more focus on voter education.

Fair question. Most evidence suggests that the majority of voters who do go to the polls have no idea who most of the candidates are except for national elections. They know least about people in the most local spots with almost no one knowing anything about boards of education. I am perfectly happy adding a choice on ballots for "No choice". However, if we begin approaching voting as a mandatory requirement with penalties associated with non-compliance, we also get rid of a number of marginally corrupt practices now followed in an effort to exclude voters and force more focus on voter education.
    Yes, what we really need is an authoritarian government.