The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dems to GOP: Where's your plan?

Banned

Default Dems to GOP: Where's your plan?

Even as Republicans pummel President Barack Obama's health care proposals, some GOP leaders worry their party is being hurt by a Democratic counterattack: Where is your plan?
    Republican leaders chose not to draft their own comprehensive bill, focusing instead on attacking Democrats' plans as too costly and bureaucratic. Some prominent Republicans now fear they are getting tagged as the "party of no," and they want the GOP to offer more solutions to the nation's health care problems.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/19930

Does health care need to be reformed?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Does health care need to be reformed?
    Most Americans think so because they cannot afford any health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Most Americans think so because they cannot afford any health insurance.

MOST
    Americans can not afford health care??
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    MOST Americans can not afford health care??
    No, I mis spoke, I should not have said most americans, I should have said many americans.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

MOST
    Americans can not afford health care??
    Well, the cost of beer, pretzels, Mc Donalds burgers and Lotto tickets does cut into that discretionary income they could use to provide basic health care coverage for themselves.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Why should the GOP waste their time coming up with a plan? The dems in congress won't read their own plan and would vote down anything the GOP proposed.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Why should the Republicans come up with a plan to fix health care? It's not broken. What we need is the reform of the frivilous lawsuits by all the CROOKED lawyers who will sue over the least trivial thing. What this country NEEDS is a government run by some people we have elected that have as their main point just plain ol common sense. I think a 1 page tax law saying that everyone pays a straight 12.5% tax straight across the board with NO deductions would help a bunch. A two term limit on the Congress wouldn't be a bad thing either. Right now since all our lawmakers are set on closing Gitmo I think a trip there with the "hands on" demonstration on waterboarding with a GOOD court reporter taking notes would "cleanup" what is wrong with a lot of things in our country. What we see is just a glimpse of the SHADOW government running things. Now don't get me wrong when I post stuff like this because I love my country and my family has shed blood for it since the 1800's but to see what they sacrificed for being run down like it is now irks me. All the guys that I knew that were lost in Viet Nam I don't want their stuff forgotten. This pea brain of a president that apologises about everything and has the idea he is a TV star instead of a president with a gang of weirdo's as advisors scares me. By the way to the Liberals on here ..the world is not utopia..... having spent 3 1/2 years in the Middle East we are getting laughed at at every turn over there by the BS this admin is spewing ......
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Something intelligent out of the GOP may not pass Congress, but it would go along way to convince potential voters that the party is more than more than a bunch of mean spirited Scrooges that can only fold their arms and say "NO!"
    Last edited by zeus3925; 10-03-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Why should the GOP waste their time coming up with a plan? The dems in congress won't read their own plan and would vote down anything the GOP proposed.
    You mean voting down just like the GOP is doing now?