The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Republicans lost the election?

McCain needs to go away.

He stands for nothing but political manuevering.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Republicans lost the election because they are not conservative.
    There has not been someone truely conservative since Goldwater ,,Ronald Reagan was pretty good in his first term though.

Most others were and are compromisers which makes them a non conservative.

Pete
    Republicans have lost a lot of the important elections because of a single mindset on abortion rights or lack there of.

Get back to core Republican ideals, ignore the religous right, and the party might have a chance. If we in Mn can elect a Republican Gov, there is hope nationwide.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Republicans have lost a lot of the important elections because of a single mindset on abortion rights or lack there of
    I consider abortion a republican march ,,not a conservatives march. Conservatives would want the government to stay out of peoples private life. I consider the religious right republican not conservative.
    But Im sure abortion has something to do with it.
    Therefor most republicans are really not conservative. They just make believe they are

Pete

Pete,

I'm beginning to like you more and more. You may be one of the few that has noticed the man behind the curtain!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I consider abortion a republican march ,,not a conservatives march. Conservatives would want the government to stay out of peoples private life. I consider the religious right republican not conservative.
    But Im sure abortion has something to do with it.
    Therefor most republicans are really not conservative. They just make believe they are

Pete
    I would agree, and until the "party" divorces itself from that mindset and gets back to core Republican values it will never again be a major player in politics.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    I would agree, and until the "party" divorces itself from that mindset and gets back to core Republican values it will never again be a major player in politics.
    It is interesting how the two parties have swapped their viewpoints overtime. At the time of the civil war, the democrats were the conservative party and the republicans the progressives. It appears the things began to change when the republicans saw themselves as the guardian of business and the democrats saw the alignment of Irish immigrants with them. The famine they had faced in their homeland and the governments refusal to mitigate that tragedy led to the democrats becoming the proponents of of a more activist government.

By the time Wilson became president the political poles had flip flopped with the republicans becoming more static and pro-status status quo. The Depression hardened that shift.

Core values are subject to shifting viewpoints over time. You can have a nice statement of core values that makes the operatives feel good. The average Joe doesn't give a hoot about philosophy. What is important to the electorate is "What are you going to get done in my interest while you hold the office".
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!