The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WIC, This has me fuming!

Default WIC, This has me fuming!

So, at some point WIC added a veggie entitlement. I'm walking thru the frozen food aisle and notice that Food Lion has signs on certain items, frozen veggies, that say WIC approved. OK, but this gets me furious. I buy 2 lb bag of store brand frozen green beans on sale for $1.88. A person with a WIC check can buy Birds Eye Steam fresh veggies, $ 2.69 for 12 ounces. WIC checks are for an item not a dollar amount.
    So I pay .058 per ounce yet someone who sits around on their ass and lives off of my money that is stolen from me by the gov't can buy the veggies that cost .224 per ounce. What's wrong with this picture???

You are exposing one of the flaws in welfare, there is no requirement for anyone to be frugal or anyone to be accountable and assure that our government larges is well spent. In another post I believe it was Roger Perry highlighted that part of the savings on healthcare would come from education to prevent smoking, obesity, and the tools they/people need to live healthier lives. Much like this, it would be impossible to demand anyone do anything on that front.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

The indolent are taking over America.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

My wife and first child were two of those people sitting around on their asses living off your money. Due to educational loans and 30,000 per year tuition for medical school, we were scraping to get by. Don't worry, since finishing school, training, and army service, I have more than repaid our WIC allowances...many, many times over. I'm glad it was there for us when we needed it, and I'm glad that some of my tax dollars may be helping somone who just may be my doctor someday.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    My wife and first child were two of those people sitting around on their asses living off your money. Due to educational loans and 30,000 per year tuition for medical school, we were scraping to get by. Don't worry, since finishing school, training, and army service, I have more than repaid our WIC allowances...many, many times over. I'm glad it was there for us when we needed it, and I'm glad that some of my tax dollars may be helping somone who just may be my doctor someday.
    This had nothing to do with any of the posts here. Even the OP didn't have a problem with WIC as a needed, at least at some level, program (at least there wasn't a condemning of it here). The point isn't that you needed WIC. It isn't whether you need welfare. The problem as the OP sees it, and I agree, is there isn't a requirement for any to spend the government largess wisely. That was the OPs point. That was mine as well.

Now, there are many things that can be determined to be wastfull as it relates to social programs, but that isn't the particual issue we were discusing here.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    This had nothing to do with any of the posts here. Even the OP didn't have a problem with WIC as a needed, at least at some level, program (at least there wasn't a condemning of it here). The point isn't that you needed WIC. It isn't whether you need welfare. The problem as the OP sees it, and I agree, is there isn't a requirement for any to spend the government largess wisely. That was the OPs point. That was mine as well.

Now, there are many things that can be determined to be wastfull as it relates to social programs, but that isn't the particual issue we were discusing here.
    Most county extension agencies have staffers that go out and assist families to more efficiently use their resources.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

requirement
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

So let me get this straight Dr. I paid your ass through school so you could become a Dr. and make more money than you know what to do with?

Might want to say thank you to the working stiffs that paid to help you....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    So let me get this straight Dr. I paid your ass through school so you could become a Dr. and make more money than you know what to do with?

Might want to say thank you to the working stiffs that paid to help you....

/Paul
    It sounded to me like he did say thank you and that he has since repaid his debt.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    requirement
    I thought Libertarians didn't like requirements.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!