The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WIC, This has me fuming!

The wic checks in alaska generally have a limit of 200.00...most of the time the only purchases that come close to this amount are for baby formula...It is, at least, a step above the abuse of F/S..but not by much...

Juli

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I thought Libertarians didn't like requirements.

First of all, I am not a libertarian.
    We are talking about conditions on government largess here.
    And, I did highlight early on that it wouldn’t be possible and was actually a problem.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

My point was that since a WIC check is, or at least was, back when I was working in a grocery store while going to school, for a certain quantity of a comodity, the holder of the check could spend whatever $ amount for said comodity, while I as the taxpayer am trying to maximize my grocery $$$$.
    The fact that Tax $$$ are wasted for the convenience of throwing the bag from the freezer into the microwave vs opening the bag, dumping veggies in the pot adding some water and turning on the burner is insane.
    Either tax $$ could be saved or for the liberals more people could be helped if the gov't used a bit of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    My point was that since a WIC check is, or at least was, back when I was working in a grocery store while going to school, for a certain quantity of a comodity, the holder of the check could spend whatever $ amount for said comodity, while I as the taxpayer am trying to maximize my grocery $$$$.
    The fact that Tax $$$ are wasted for the convenience of throwing the bag from the freezer into the microwave vs opening the bag, dumping veggies in the pot adding some water and turning on the burner is insane.
    Either tax $$ could be saved or for the liberals more people could be helped if the gov't used a bit of common sense.
    Thus is the power of modern advertising. The word "convenience" has seized our land!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Thus is the power of modern advertising. The word "convenience" has seized our land!
    It's totally nuts!!!!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I went to the local ice house to get some for the cooler. It is part of a seafood store. I saw red when the crowd was buying soft crabs and jumbo shrimp with their "Independence Card" the Md version of a ripoff called Foodstamps. I worked all my life and both softcrabs and jumbo shrimp are too expensive for me. I let in my 12 yr old dog van while many of these same folks getting seafood on the taxpayers dime drove new SUVs and luxury cars.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

I spent 4 years of my life working for the state of CT as an accountant (CPA), my job was to find waste and abuse in entitlement programs. I found it everyday, nothing was done, reports ignored or buried. I was young and stupid. I really thought it was a good job. Four years later I wised up, got out and told them all off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    So let me get this straight Dr. I paid your ass through school so you could become a Dr. and make more money than you know what to do with?

Might want to say thank you to the working stiffs that paid to help you....

/Paul
    I won't dignify that personal attack with an equally vicious reply, other than to say if you ever need my services at three in the morning, my ass will be there to help you. Whether you appreciate it or not.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    My wife and first child were two of those people sitting around on their asses living off your money. Due to educational loans and 30,000 per year tuition for medical school, we were scraping to get by. Don't worry, since finishing school, training, and army service, I have more than repaid our WIC allowances...many, many times over. I'm glad it was there for us when we needed it, and I'm glad that some of my tax dollars may be helping somone who just may be my doctor someday.
    So let me get this straight. At this same time I was working full time,and going to college at night. My now husband was doing the same thing. We scraped by, borrowed no money, paid income taxes, and we're suposed to feel bad?
    We didn't have kids at that time that we couldn't afford!!!

You might want to go to the source to see what is or isn't covered.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/aboutwic/
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!