The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WIC, This has me fuming!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    So let me get this straight. At this same time I was working full time,and going to college at night. My now husband was doing the same thing. We scraped by, borrowed no money, paid income taxes, and we're suposed to feel bad?
    We didn't have kids at that time that we couldn't afford!!!
    Who the hell said you should feel bad?? You have some real problem, and I suggest you seek help for it. I was responding to someone who portrayed WIC recipients as "someone who sits around on their ass and lives off of my money that is stolen from me by the gov't" , and in no way was whining or complaining about my plight. I faced it head on, and "scraped by" to make something of myself. Sorry if using WIC for a couple of years while in school, prior to serving 14 years (active/reserve) in the army taking care of the best patients in the world doesn't match your ideal of a good little American. Somehow, I doubt any of us could. I have better things to do than waste time responding to such vile attacks that have no place on this forum. Say what you want, you have the last word....make it a real good one.

BTW, if you were "scraping by" and didn't take advantage of loans, grants, or scholarships, you're at least half a bubble off plumb! Those "liberal programs" are there to help citizens make something better of themselves, with the understanding that by doing so, will repay society many times over.

Go ahead, attack away...I really deserve it now. I need a chuckle anyway, before Monday!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Thus is the power of modern advertising. The word "convenience" has seized our land!
    Sometimes the value addded convenience is worth the few extra pennies for the time saved when my wife wakes up after a day of sleeping after a full night of work in the pediatric hospital just in time for the kids to come home from school and do their homework. Then there is barely anytime to cook befor I get home in time for a family meal before she heads back to work at the hospital.

"Convienience" is a value added to a product that is sometimes worth the cost, and other times a waste of resources depending on your needs.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

If you can't feed em don't breed em.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    Sometimes the value addded convenience is worth the few extra pennies for the time saved when my wife wakes up after a day of sleeping after a full night of work in the pediatric hospital just in time for the kids to come home from school and do their homework. Then there is barely anytime to cook befor I get home in time for a family meal before she heads back to work at the hospital.

"Convienience" is a value added to a product that is sometimes worth the cost, and other times a waste of resources depending on your needs.
    There is a huge difference between using your own hard earned money to pay for convenience and using taxpayer $$.
    I do at times pay for convenience, however it's money hubby and I earned. Mostly I try to save money on food so we have more money to spend on "the dogs".
    Last edited by luvmylabs23139; 10-04-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Who the hell said you should feel bad?? You have some real problem, and I suggest you seek help for it. I was responding to someone who portrayed WIC recipients as "someone who sits around on their ass and lives off of my money that is stolen from me by the gov't" , and in no way was whining or complaining about my plight. I faced it head on, and "scraped by" to make something of myself. Sorry if using WIC for a couple of years while in school, prior to serving 14 years (active/reserve) in the army taking care of the best patients in the world doesn't match your ideal of a good little American. Somehow, I doubt any of us could. I have better things to do than waste time responding to such vile attacks that have no place on this forum. Say what you want, you have the last word....make it a real good one.

BTW, if you were "scraping by" and didn't take advantage of loans, grants, or scholarships, you're at least half a bubble off plumb! Those "liberal programs" are there to help citizens make something better of themselves, with the understanding that by doing so, will repay society many times over.

Go ahead, attack away...I really deserve it now. I need a chuckle anyway, before Monday!
    The only problem I have is when I look at gross income on the paycheck and then see the net income after the gov't theft. YTD it equals a nice brand new car in the driveway. Not owing the gov't for anything or having taken advantage of other peoples money is a great feeling. It's nice to know that all we have it 100% a result of our own hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    If you can't feed em don't breed em.
    Ain't that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    You might want to go to the source to see what is or isn't covered.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/aboutwic/
    In NC those convience veggies are covered!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    The only problem I have is when I look at gross income on the paycheck and then see the net income after the gov't theft. YTD it equals a nice brand new car in the driveway. Not owing the gov't for anything or having taken advantage of other peoples money is a great feeling. It's nice to know that all we have it 100% a result of our own hard work.
    Glad to hear that you stayed off of the roads, didn't use any parks or other public lands, avoided any use of publicly subsidized educational facilities, etc. We need more taxpayers like you!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Glad to hear that you stayed off of the roads, didn't use any parks or other public lands, avoided any use of publicly subsidized educational facilities, etc. We need more taxpayers like you!
    Hey my old local state park bans dogs in the summer, so what good is that to me? They just get yelled at in the media these days for all of the out of the area fools mostly from another state that don't follow the rules and drown.
    Beautiful place that has been destroyed, ugly fences put up to keep fools out of posted no swimming areas, #of people allowed in severely limited again to to the fools breaking the rules and drowning etc. If you are a local and want to go on a weekend day in the summer you better be there by 8 am so you can get in before it fills up to the new # of people that is really low based on the size of the park. All the fools from NYC will be there not the residents of NF.
    Last edited by luvmylabs23139; 10-04-2009 at 05:57 PM.

I stood directly behind a lady paying for groceries with a food stamp credit card. She completed the transaction and then pulled out a hundred dollar bill to pay for her 12 pack.