The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: GOP silence on Ensign's ethics problems

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default GOP silence on Ensign's ethics problems

    The second-ranking Senate Republican offered no support Sunday for embattled Sen. John Ensign, facing renewed criticism over an extramarital affair with an aide and the actions he took on behalf of her husband.
    Asked on CNN's "State of the Union" if Ensign can serve effectively or should step down, Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., did not address his colleague's future and said he would await a Senate Ethics Committee investigation.
    Kyl's sidestep followed on Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell's repeated refusals on Friday to answer questions about Ensign or pledge any support.

    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/19945

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    I don't hear the dems jumping to defend Sen John Edwards.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bruce MacPherson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jewell, Ore
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The second-ranking Senate Republican offered no support Sunday for embattled Sen. John Ensign, facing renewed criticism over an extramarital affair with an aide and the actions he took on behalf of her husband.
    Asked on CNN's "State of the Union" if Ensign can serve effectively or should step down, Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., did not address his colleague's future and said he would await a Senate Ethics Committee investigation.
    Kyl's sidestep followed on Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell's repeated refusals on Friday to answer questions about Ensign or pledge any support.

    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/19945
    And your question is?
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

  4. #4
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    I don't hear the dems jumping to defend Sen John Edwards.
    Nor should they.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Aside from the fact that it was an aide, extra-marital affairs are a benchmark of what in a politician ?

    john
    Last edited by john fallon; 10-05-2009 at 11:50 AM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

    "A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacPherson View Post
    And your question is?
    He doesn't have one. As usual, his only contribution to this board is to sling mud. I am just surprised that RP is capable of a post that does not refer to the evils of GWB.
    ________
    THE CIGAR BOSS
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:56 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    ethics?

    Democrats silent on:

    Jack Murtha, William Jefferson, Charles Rangel, etc. etc. etc...
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    He doesn't have one. As usual, his only contribution to this board is to sling mud. I am just surprised that RP is capable of a post that does not refer to the evils of GWB.
    No mud slung, I am just suprised to find a republican polititcian that is not gay.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Carrollton GA
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    No mud slung, I am just suprised to find a republican polititcian that is not gay.
    So Roger tell me who Jim McGreevey was in bed with then????

  10. #10
    Senior Member Pals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    No mud slung, I am just suprised to find a republican polititcian that is not gay.


    And this post achieves what???? Seriously!!??

Similar Threads

  1. westwoods sunday silence
    By twoducks in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 02:43 PM
  2. Breeding Registration and Ethics
    By RemisGunner in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 08:59 PM
  3. What should the GOP do?
    By Matt McKenzie in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 12:57 PM
  4. Well bred dogs with poor work ethics
    By Mike Perry in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •