The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The second best country in the world

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    So if we are number one, you can thank your buddy G W Bush too, uh?
    Why don't you ask the people of Iraq and Afghanistan what they think of G W. He was so popular that most of the NATO Nations did not back him either in the invasion or restructuring cost.

Ask your self this question:
    Which way has the USA been moving over the last 50+ years?
    To the right??
    To the left???
    If you answer it honestly you will correlate the downward move in the eyes of the world!!

just sayin'.......
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Well, if we are not #1, why do we have such a HUGE illegal immigration problem? Does any other country have an issue this big? Are people "killing themselves" to get into France or any other country?

WRL
    Actually, getting into France is very easy and doesn't require anyone to kill themselves. There were few restrictions on immigration prior to 1973, when immigrants were the primary source of population growth, and the borders are unguarded and open for anyone wanting to cross (I've done it many times on a bicycle without ever showing a passport.). Today, immigrants make up about 10% of the country's population and 25% of net population growth. The percent of the population that is immigrant is about the same as in the US.

Germany is a much greater recipient of immigrants. About 9% of its total population are foreigners and another 10% are immigrants. At 19% of total population, foreign born residents of Germany equal about twice the percentage found in the US. There are few restrictions on new immigration.

Switzerland, by the way, has 23% of its population made up of foreign born immigrants -- the largest percentage in Europe outside of ssome of the micro-states (e.g. Andorra).

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Why don't you ask the people of Iraq and Afghanistan what they think of G W. He was so popular that most of the NATO Nations did not back him either in the invasion or restructuring cost.
    As usual deflect from Thread subject, but I would believe many of the people of Iraq are thankful to be liberated.

How about you ask yourself if you can ever post without referring to GWB? It would be interesting to what percentage of posts you refer/imply to GWB. But honestly it's not worth anyone's time to care about.

I did not agree with a majority of W's decisions, but I learn from (not dwell on) the past and look to the future.

The US is still number one in my eyes, but we have many challenges to face right now, in- & externally.

[QUOTE=luvmylabs23139;509033]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    JOBS! At one time we had plenty of jobs illegal immigrants could get. Now that the economy is struggling and the job market has dried up, we have significantly fewer illegal immigrants. I have seen several articles stating numbers have declined by about 1.3 million so far.

quote]
    Maybe now we can force some of those welfare people to get off their asses and do those jobs.
    Dont' hold your breath. Welfare is a better deal. Some of those jobs don't pay as well as welfare. Most of the illegal immigrants are just willing to work hard for not much money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    As usual deflect from Thread subject, but I would believe many of the people of Iraq are thankful to be liberated.

How about you ask yourself if you can ever post without referring to GWB? It would be interesting to what percentage of posts you refer/imply to GWB. But honestly it's not worth anyone's time to care about.

I did not agree with a majority of W's decisions, but I learn from (not dwell on) the past and look to the future.

The US is still number one in my eyes, but we have many challenges to face right now, in- & externally.
    I did not vote for Clinton, but we had it pretty good while he was in office. We had to deal with Bush's bad decisions for the last 8 years that brought our economy into a recession and almost into a depression not to mention 2 wars that have lasted longer than WW1 and WW2 combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I did not vote for Clinton, but we had it pretty good while he was in office. We had to deal with Bush's bad decisions for the last 8 years that brought our economy into a recession and almost into a depression not to mention 2 wars that have lasted longer than WW1 and WW2 combined.
    Thank God the Democratic congress saved this country from total catastrophe!

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu QAA "Bleu"
    Bayou Magic's Dave Robicheaux QAA "Burke"
    Bayou Magic's Cletus Purcell (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Ha, they listed Norway as best!

Norway is the largest importer of Af'gan heroin, which is legal. My nephew runs an American Oil Field Service Company is Oslo and he says the streets are filled with junkies sleeping in gutters, selling thier bodies and defecating on sidewalks!

So much for Reuters research.

P S He also said that one does not want to get sick there because the wait to see a doctor is weeks to months.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-06-2009 at 01:13 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

not true; UB and Bob's favorite, Russia, is the biggest importer of heroin according to a news story released last week....-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    not true; UB and Bob's favorite, Russia, is the biggest importer of heroin according to a news story released last week....-Paul
    History International did a big piece on Norway's heroin problem this summer. Af'gan's farmers a flooding the markets with cheap, pure heroin. Maybe the Russians saw the show and felt like they were missing out.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org