The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The second best country in the world

I was trying to find something on the internets to verify that heroin is legal in Norway and the only thing I could find is that they legalized marijuana and the heroin was legal for use in treatment centers.

What am I missing?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    As usual deflect from Thread subject, but I would believe many of the people of Iraq are thankful to be liberated.

The US is still number one in my eyes, but we have many challenges to face right now, in- & externally.

Yes, I understand a popular way of expressing gratitude in the Middle East is to throw your shoes at someone.

The United States of America is, and always will be #1 in my eyes. We may not rank #1 in certain categories, but this nation has advanced human rights farther than any other modern country, even if it took us a while to iron out some "wrinkles".
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I did not vote for Clinton, but we had it pretty good while he was in office. We had to deal with Bush's bad decisions for the last 8 years that brought our economy into a recession and almost into a depression not to mention 2 wars that have lasted longer than WW1 and WW2 combined.
    Don't forget the delayed effect of some of Slick Willy's policies... Or does he get a pass on those?

ONE MORE TIME: It is not Bush's fault that our economy is in the toilet.
    ________
    HEAD SHOP
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Okay guys, back on topic...

A few of you have stated clearly that the US is still number 1 in your eyes. SO, if you had to pick another country in the world to live in, who would be your choice?

I'm really curious so that when the pending revolution comes, I know where to head...
    ________
    Lovely Wendie99
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Okay guys, back on topic...

A few of you have stated clearly that the US is still number 1 in your eyes. SO, if you had to pick another country in the world to live in, who would be your choice?

I'm really curious so that when the pending revolution comes, I know where to head...
    The same place thousands of Americans are flocking to, Costa Rica. Check it out; http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2019.htm

It is a Democracy, beautiful scenery, great weather, good fishing, water sports, low crime, a largely educated populace, doctors are mostly American and reasonable cost of living.

And, when the revolution does come, I hope to be smack dab in the middle of it! I'm tired of politicians squandering our wealth and degrading our heritage!
    Last edited by Franco; 10-06-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I was trying to find something on the internets to verify that heroin is legal in Norway and the only thing I could find is that they legalized marijuana and the heroin was legal for use in treatment centers.

What am I missing?
    I guess the fact the government looks the other way when it comes to illegal use of it.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I think Australia would be ranked #2 in my book.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I think Australia would be ranked #2 in my book.
    I wouldn't mind spending 6 months in the USA, and 6 months in Australia each year. I could have summer year round and not have to deal with short days of winter. The thing I hate most about winter is the darkness...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Don't forget the delayed effect of some of Slick Willy's policies... Or does he get a pass on those?

ONE MORE TIME: It is not Bush's fault that our economy is in the toilet.
    What are the delayed effects of Clinton's Administration? Can't blame the mortgage downfall. Clinton's HUD administration made changes in 1992 and you cannot tell me that it took until 2007 for a delayed effect to show up, that is ridiculous. Bush had a republican majority in Congress for 6 years to pass whatever laws he wanted passed. He chose to start 2 wars instead of looking out for the country.

When Obama was a Senator, he voted against the war. Too bad Bush was not smart enough to listen to him then.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    When Obama was a Senator, he voted against the war. Too bad Bush was not smart enough to listen to him then.
    The Illinois Senate had a vote on going to war in Iraq? Good grief, dude.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.