The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama and the General

I am not a great military historian but Generals and Presidents have clashed since there were Generals and POTUS....MacArthur vs Roosevelt/Truman...Westmoreland vs Johnson/Nixon..and Swarzkopf vs Bush 41...the best thing BHO did was to retain Gates as Sec of Defense ,I still think its too early to tell just how much this administration will handcuff the military, being the good soldiers they can only advise and carry out the orders given at least thats the way it was always explained to me by the old man(dad)...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm not sure how it would benefit the WH. If anything, it seems to sway opinion towards quick troop deployment, which is what McC and McCain both have publicly expressed they want.
    And winning is what Obama publicly expressed he wanted as well.

Perhaps I was too obtuse before...if Obama wants/intends to send more troops then leaking the report would allow him to do so without catching as much grief from the whackadoos on the left. He can appease them by saying, in essence, that the leak of the report tied his hands. BTW, these aren't my original thoughts...I've read that reasoning from more than one pundit/expert.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I am not a great military historian but Generals and Presidents have clashed since there were Generals and POTUS....
    Lincoln went through generals like my daughter goes through shoes.

Eric

Think of Afghanistan as your garage, al qaeda as cock-roaches, and us going in and turning the light on, and running around desperately stomping on every roach we can get a hold of. May feel good, but ultimately doesn't get rid of the roaches
    To get rid of all cocaroaches the most effective way is to not just burn down the building but burn it down with intesisfied heat. even then some will survive,,after that go in and spray in all the cracks

It difficult to pick and choose the cocroaches that are behaving themselves.

Pete