The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 - The Second American Revolution

Looks like the 2010 Second American Revolution started early.
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 11-03-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Worked out pretty well in NY.
    A round of applause goes to the tea baggers who ruined what could have been a pretty good night for Republicans and helped Democrats pick up a seat that they haven't held since the civil war. Special thanks go to Sara Palin, Tim Pawlenty, Glenn Beck, and Club for Growth. Thanks for giving us something to laugh about on an otherwise tough night.
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-04-2009 at 12:21 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Conquest of political power by jack booted democrats hit a speed bump.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    A round of applause goes to the tea baggers who ruined what could have been a pretty good night for Republicans and helped Democrats pick up a seat that they haven't held since the civil war. Special thanks go to Sara Palin, Tim Pawlenty, Glenn Beck, and Club for Growth. Thanks for giving us something to laugh about on an otherwise tough night.
    Looking for a pony in a room full of horse shat regards
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Actually ... when you look at the fact that the margin was not large; that the Republican former-candidate threw support to the Dem in the 11th hour; 6% of the voters still voted for the R who had dropped out (?), and Hoffman was running as an Independent ... it was not exactly and unbridled victory. If it was that easy to convince the former R candidate that a D was better to support than an independent, it probably doesn't matter whether a D holds the seat or if she had won it.

Interesting also, that the only reason this seat was available was because because O took the previously elected rep into his cabinet.

Watching some of the early returns from NJ, Christie was really hammering Corzine in quite a few counties. That was almost a surprise considering that the race had been said to close to call. The overall state votes were close when I happened to be watching, so not sure of the end result %-age wise.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 11-04-2009 at 08:09 AM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Just curious...does that apply to the rednecks waving the Confederate flag? You know, the part what our nation stands for?
    But, I'm sure you're OK with waving and proudly displaying the flags of Mexico, Kenya, Libya, Iran and/or any other country past or present? Well here's a news flash for you Dave: NOT everyone that owns a CSA flag is a redneck. While I don't publicly fly the flag, I am proud to be a Southerner and direct descendent of Robert E. Lee. If immigrants both legal and illegal can come over here and proudly wave their flags and not be judged, somehow I find it offensive that someone like you would judge me on my heritage. Remember racism was and is just as prevalent in the North as it was in the South. The War of Northern Aggression was not about slavery, it was about economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    6% of the voters still voted for the R who had dropped out (?)
    How can this be? Shouldn't there be a re-vote? You can't vote for someone who isn't running, can you? Time for an appeal!

Hanging chad regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    How can this be? Shouldn't there be a re-vote? You can't vote for someone who isn't running, can you? Time for an appeal!

Hanging chad regards,
    I suspect that those 6% might have been at least partially those who voted a "straight ticket" ... either forgetting or not knowing the R candidate had withdrawn, since that all happened very close to the end of the campaign.

If even 3% had taken note, the results would have been even, as the vote was 46/49 for the final results. That really isn't so bad for a candidate who went up against the two-party system.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I suspect that those 6% might have been at least partially those who voted a "straight ticket" ... either forgetting or not knowing the R candidate had withdrawn, since that all happened very close to the end of the campaign.

If even 3% had taken note, the results would have been even, as the vote was 46/49 for the final results. That really isn't so bad for a candidate who went up against the two-party system.
    If straight ticket voting was the reason for the 6% R, that's very sad. Anyone who votes a straight party ticket, cares about their party more than this country.

[QUOTE=Julie R.;520723]But, I'm sure you're OK with waving and proudly displaying the flags of Mexico, Kenya, Libya, Iran and/or any other country past or present? Well here's a news flash for you Dave: NOT everyone that owns a CSA flag is a redneck. While I don't publicly fly the flag, I am proud to be a Southerner and direct descendent of Robert E. Lee. If immigrants both legal and illegal can come over here and proudly wave their flags and not be judged, somehow I find it offensive that someone like you would judge me on my heritage. Remember racism was and is just as prevalent in the North as it was in the South. The War of Northern Aggression was not about slavery, it was about economics.[/QUOTE]

Kudos to you.....

NCA