The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bogus legislation

How exactly do you save money, and run up the national debt at the same time? We're really just talking about not running the debt as fast (when we're talking about savings) as we could be running it up aren't we?

Nonsense!

________
    Boiling
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Jeff-

Have you seen the Senate bill? No one else has, including the members of the Senate Finance Committee. They'd like your copy please.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Jeff-

Have you seen the Senate bill? No one else has, including the members of the Senate Finance Committee. They'd like your copy please.

Eric
    There is no legislative language yet but there is a very detailed markup that would be the basis for drafting legislative language (this is not an uncommon approach). The markup (223 pages long) is at (http://www.docstoc.com/docs/11382446...ll---Full-Text) and the Baucus white paper detailing the components of the plan is at (http://finance.senate.gov/healthrefo...whitepaper.pdf). Both are as of 9/22/09 and there have been numerous amendments in committee. The CBO report was based on the 9/22 documents as far as I know. By the way, I have a number of reservations about the Senate bill and generally believe it is worse than the House Bill.

You guys are missing the entire point. obongocare is just like the Nobel Prize. All you have to do is tell everyone how good it will be and BANG there it is......good as gold we can print and spend as much as we want because we are being told it will actually save money so it must be so....can obongo win another NPP next year for healthcare visions?????
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    There is no legislative language yet but there is a very detailed markup that would be the basis for drafting legislative language (this is not an uncommon approach). The markup (223 pages long) is at (http://www.docstoc.com/docs/11382446...ll---Full-Text) and the Baucus white paper detailing the components of the plan is at (http://finance.senate.gov/healthrefo...whitepaper.pdf). Both are as of 9/22/09 and there have been numerous amendments in committee. The CBO report was based on the 9/22 documents as far as I know. By the way, I have a number of reservations about the Senate bill and generally believe it is worse than the House Bill.
    Wasn't the number of amendments that was mentioned something like 534? Heck, if every amendment was only 1 page, it would be double the size of the original markup

Anybody know what it costs now? Probably won't matter since it will be different by tomorrow; and by the time they actually vote on it.

Begins to look a little bit like a shell game ... except nobody, even the ones manipulating the shells, know where the pea will turn up.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

Markup...schmarkup......thats BOGUS........it's uncommon in that the SFC is the ONLY finance committee that uses this procedure.

In this age of government transparency and NOT government as usual, you'd think they could actually use legislative language for all folks to read.

But then we know that all that is a LIE.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.