Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP candidates shun help from Palin

Banned

Default GOP candidates shun help from Palin

GOP candidates shun help from Palin

October 9, 2009 - 6:19am

Sarah Palin: Don't call us, we'll call you (AP)

Sarah Palin stands ready to stump for the Republican gubernatorial candidates running in the two most closely-watched campaigns in the country this fall, but neither seems to want her help.
    Less than a month before voters go to the polls, it appears increasingly clear that the former Alaska governor, vice-presidential nominee and conservative favorite will not appear on behalf of either New Jersey’s Chris Christie or Virginia’s Bob McDonnell.
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/19978

Because Palin is still a lightening rod from left wing imbeciles....why bring that kind of garbage into gubernatorial races where the Dems are are in danger of getting their butts kicked.

Not to mention the GOP is mainly controlled by moderates, not necessarily conservatives....this last paragraph says it all....

"Neither GOP campaign wanted to discuss why they didn’t want Palin in the state—to say so would offend the conservative base that both Christie and McDonnell are counting on, not just to vote for them but to also volunteer time in the crucial final weeks of the election."
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    Because Palin is still a lightening rod from left wing imbeciles....why bring that kind of garbage into gubernatorial races where the Dems are are in danger of getting their butts kicked.

Not to mention the GOP is mainly controlled by moderates, not necessarily conservatives....this last paragraph says it all....

"Neither GOP campaign wanted to discuss why they didn’t want Palin in the state—to say so would offend the conservative base that both Christie and McDonnell are counting on, not just to vote for them but to also volunteer time in the crucial final weeks of the election."
    If I was Mike Steele, I'd hire you in a heartbeat! That's better spin than an F5 tornado! Really though, her and John Edwards ought to form a club for former VP candidates who's parties would like to forget they ever existed!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    If I was Mike Steele, I'd hire you in a heartbeat! That's better spin than an F5 tornado! Really though, her and John Edwards ought to form a club for former VP candidates who's parties would like to forget they ever existed!
    The Democrats evidently can't/won't forget about her.

It's almost all they talk about, well her and their hatred for bush!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Grin....not bad, huh?

Actually, there are just certain parts of the GOP who don't care/or maybe that do care for Palin, surely McCain had to know the moderates of the party wouldn't go for her.

I'm still puzzling over the selection.

I think the Dems as a whole are wanting to forget Edwards, especially in light of recent events.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

[QUOTE=road kill;510257]The Democrats evidently can't/won't forget about her.

QUOTE]

Its not the dems that are writing books! (neither is is Sarah, I seriously doubt!)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I am conservative, but I am not a fan of Palin politically. She was one equal half of one of the weakest ticket the republicans have ever produced. I think she is cool personally (any chick that hunts and is as outdoorsy as she is cool) and I certainly would share a duck blind with her, but I have no interest in voting for her for anything because I think she is dumb as a rock (I do love me some dumb chick though just not in politics or professions). I don’t disagree with those who do not want her on their campaign for numerous reasons including that she is a target for the libs as well as a turn off to many republicans
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I am conservative, but I am not a fan of Palin politically. She was one equal half of one of the weakest ticket the republicans have ever produced. I think she is cool personally (any chick that hunts and is as outdoorsy as she is cool) and I certainly would share a duck blind with her, but I have no interest in voting for her for anything because I think she is dumb as a rock (I do love me some dumb chick though just not in politics or professions). I don’t disagree with those who do not want her on their campaign for numerous reasons including that she is a target for the libs as well as a turn off to many republicans
    I have to admit, she took *some* unfair blows, but she did not instill any confidence in her leadership abilities with me. Not just that I disagreed with her...there have been many I happen to disagree with but were excellent leaders.

The $150,000 wardrobe was just inexcusable, and I think did more to unravel the Mc/P ticket than most republicans were willing to admit. I don't care who payed for what, or which Salvation Army it gets donated to.....the average American man or woman who has to earn a living, and buy nice attire, could not swallow that. At some point, any politician who is running in arguably the worst econimic slump since the GD, and proclaiming to be a typical soccer mom, a little voice should tell them not to spend three times the median household income on clothes.

I have to admit, she took *some* unfair blows, but she did not instill any confidence in her leadership abilities with me. Not just that I disagreed with her...there have been many I happen to disagree with but were excellent leaders.

The $150,000 wardrobe was just inexcusable, and I think did more to unravel the Mc/P ticket than most republicans were willing to admit. I don't care who payed for what, or which Salvation Army it gets donated to.....the average American man or woman who has to earn a living, and buy nice attire, could not swallow that. At some point, any politician who is running in arguably the worst econimic slump since the GD, and proclaiming to be a typical soccer mom, a little voice should tell them not to spend three times the median household income on clothes.
    Thank God she didn't fly to Copenhagen, the emergency rooms would have filled with heart attack victims!
    Stan b & Elvis

She was in a political race with a bunch of millionaires, and was the closest thing to middle class in the race. She probably couldn't afford to dress the part on her own. I know I couldn't afford to go out and buy a closet full of $5000 suits. If she would have ran around in the cloths she could afford to buy on her own you would have been making fun of her cheap bag, and shoes. You need to mingle with the common folk a little more.

I suppose she could have ran around on the campaign trail with knee boots and a flannel.