The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP candidates shun help from Palin

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I will vote for Gov Palin in 12 if she wins the nomination, and perhaps even in the primary. She is far better qualified than Osama for the office.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    because I think she is dumb as a rock turn
    Corey - Methinks you are being a little bit cruel but, she is FEMALE & that might help explain her illogical thinking. She was elected - 1st as a Mayor & then as Governor - so while people from the great state of AK may be different, I haven't met many that are stupid enough to repeat a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    The $150,000 wardrobe was just inexcusable,
    I do not agree - she was handled poorly from the start. Those of us who are fiscal conservatives did not like McCain, she was the only thing that made the race as close as it was.

The R's squandered their right to be in charge by their lack of fiscal prudence. One has to remember "the only difference between a liberal & a social conservative is the length of their hair". Both groups want to tell us what to do & will spend lots (of someone else's money) to accomplish that.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I do not agree - she was handled poorly from the start. Those of us who are fiscal conservatives did not like McCain, she was the only thing that made the race as close as it was.

The R's squandered their right to be in charge by their lack of fiscal prudence. One has to remember "the only difference between a liberal & a social conservative is the length of their hair". Both groups want to tell us what to do & will spend lots (of someone else's money) to accomplish that.
    I don't understand. "& will spend lots of someone else's money" does not jive with $150,000 of contributor's money going to wardrobe! How can a fiscally conservative person agree with that? Maybe I missed your point, or read it wrong.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    I will vote for Gov Palin in 12 if she wins the nomination, and perhaps even in the primary. She is far better qualified than Osama for the office.
    Get ready for your taxes to go up even further! That wardrobe you'll be paying for ain't cheap!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I should actually rephrase what I said before. I do not like her for national office in any way. I would probably not be interested in her for governor of my state unless she was the only conservative running. I think she would probably be a good mayor or counsel member and that local politics are more within her abilities. Alaska is a different place and maybe she is good as governor there. I do believe she took some unfair hits and that she was abused more than others in the race. I just kind of feel she is too “walmart” and lacks the social skills necessary to deal with people with more social skills. I just see reality tv written all over her, you know the family that you see on a reality show that is completely off the wall and is not the least bit embarrassed at themselves. I think she is done as far as national politics go and really hope she does not mount a run in 12. I think that weather it is fact or the perception that has been cast upon here, she is a liability to anyone she tries to help on the campaign trail because I feel more people dislike her, or even think she is a joke, than there are that take her seriously. Again she may have one of the greatest political minds we have ever seen, but if she does public perception of her, the media portrayal, and her own actions do nothing to prove that she does.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Here is an accomplished, Governor of Alaska, woman. She's easy to look at has conservative values that she is not afraid to express and connects favorably with an amazing number of people. She also generates an unreasonable amount of venom from the left much of it having nothing to do with policy or honest disagreement over ideas.
    If you don't like what she stands for that certainly is your right, make your case. To denigrate her for the clothes she bought or the perception that she's "dumb" doesn't bring much to the party in my opinion.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Please, please, Sarah in 2012. Please!!

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

If there is anything that we all learned about the 08 election is that its no longer about who is qualified, or about the issues (even though people will still use that argument) elections are now won or lost in the media. The Media in all of its forms including the internet are now the communication vehicle to the masses. How candidates are perceived are molded by the media...
    As much as I like Palin she is basically damaged goods, her private life has been scrutinized and exposed and in many ways violated by the media. she makes for good political fodder and can energize the right and bring out the haters from the left, but could she ever win a national election...highly doubt it..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Please, please, Sarah in 2012. Please!!

JD
    Here's my prediction JD. By 2012 Obama will have screwed everything up to the point even you could beat him. I'm rooting for ya.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

By the Bye, good taxpayers--What happened to that money that was given to Sweet Sarah for that bridge to nowhere? Shouldn't it go back to cover some deficit holes?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!