The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63

Thread: GOP candidates shun help from Palin

  1. #31
    Senior Member ErinsEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,736

    Default

    Sarah is done in National politics. She will never get a break from the left and they will be on her like a tick on a dog but taking it down to wardrobe is really petty. Whoever dressed Michelle during the campaign, unless it was herself, gets my vote for WalMart taste. It has gotten better since she now employs about 20 people as her entourage to make her look like she has taste.
    Nancy P



    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

  2. #32
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto562004 View Post
    please explain to me how any one who has heard joe biden speak can say sara palin is dumb especially the people who voted for him.
    While Joe, I would say, came off better in the debates ... and he should have since he's had years to become familiar with the issues discussed there ... it's been pretty much downhill since then

    Stipulating again that I don't really think SP is presidential material, she did a pretty good job in doing a "fast study" to handle the debates as well as she did. She's an intelligent person, I think, but has a tendency to talk in sound bytes & catch phrases that may abuse the reality to appeal to the emotions. I've had quite enough of that after the last presidential campaign, thank you very much!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  3. #33
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto562004 View Post
    please explain to me how any one who has heard joe biden speak can say sara palin is dumb especially the people who voted for him.
    Big difference between being stupid and not agreeing with someone's position.

    ErinsEdge: I too think the wardrobe issue is petty...both Sarah's and Michelle's issues. I only pointed out, as several republican strategists agree, that was a PR gaff of huge proportions. I've come to realize there is a privelaged class in the world, and they will dress nicely, expensively, and we shouldn't worry about it. Its just the way it is. But if you're going to portray yourself as a soccer mom who is just like everyone else, then you have to give up the expensive clothes perk. Selling the jet worked wonders for her, she just didn't apply that same logic to wardrobe in buying a set of clothes that cost as much as some small airplanes.

    That's the extent of my picking on her clothes....in that it hurt her politically.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  4. #34
    Senior Member ErinsEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,736

    Default

    But if you're going to portray yourself as a soccer mom who is just like everyone else, then you have to give up the expensive clothes perk.
    What was she supposed to come out in, jeans and a hoodie? Yes she sure over did the soccer Mom line. Her clothes were fairly conservative-they may have been well made, but most of the time she had on a black skirt with a tailored suit top. Who knows and who cares what the figure really was for the clothes and if they were or weren't also to dress her family. The well dressed one was Cindy McCain, but then she can afford to be dressed well. All of all the talk over the clothes and look what all the candidates spend in jet fuel and the Obamas continue to spend on jet fuel to haul them along with their hundreds of entourage following them in multiple planes. All that jet fuel could sure give a bunch of people health insurance.
    As far as PR gaffs, wonder what they have Biden doing to keep himself busy and away from a microphone. Oh, he must have found one and didn't he just make a speech about how well everything is going and how many jobs have been created? Tell the unemployed the good news as they head to the unemployment office.
    Nancy P



    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

  5. #35
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    If that's now your official policy your daily post count is going to be reduced by about 80%.
    he has 1000 post in 5 months....most tit for tat dnf aren't you a doctor? 200 post a month must cut into your patient time....maybe that is part of the heathcare problem.......
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  6. #36
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    he has 1000 post in 5 months....most tit for tat dnf aren't you a doctor? 200 post a month must cut into your patient time....maybe that is part of the heathcare problem.......
    When sitting up all freakin' night waiting to see people in the ER, it's a nice diversion, if you must know. Not much else going on in our little town from 11pm to 4am.

    But the diversion away from the topics to personal shots tells me you either agree and don't want to admit it, or can't come up with a valid reason why dear Sarah's $150,000 was GOOD for the republican constituency to refute my observation.

    Hell, I can't even enjoy a sandwich at 2am.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  7. #37
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    What was she supposed to come out in, jeans and a hoodie? Yes she sure over did the soccer Mom line. Her clothes were fairly conservative-they may have been well made, but most of the time she had on a black skirt with a tailored suit top. Who knows and who cares what the figure really was for the clothes and if they were or weren't also to dress her family. The well dressed one was Cindy McCain, but then she can afford to be dressed well. All of all the talk over the clothes and look what all the candidates spend in jet fuel and the Obamas continue to spend on jet fuel to haul them along with their hundreds of entourage following them in multiple planes. All that jet fuel could sure give a bunch of people health insurance.
    As far as PR gaffs, wonder what they have Biden doing to keep himself busy and away from a microphone. Oh, he must have found one and didn't he just make a speech about how well everything is going and how many jobs have been created? Tell the unemployed the good news as they head to the unemployment office.
    Actually, I think she looks pretty damn good in jeans and a hoodie! She seems to score the most points when dressed casually too. Just curious, what did she choose to wear on the cover of her new book?

    As for Obama and Biden, you seem to mistake me for an ardent supporter. I'm just someone who is fed up with Bush's disastrous policies and am willing to give someone else a chance. Something not many here are willing to do, and that's fine. I'm not exactly thrilled with most of his policies either, especially his continuation of Bush's massive deficit spending and big government policies.

    I wasn't here for most of Bush's regime, but I'm sure all the conservatives here were blasting away at the record-setting deficit spending and the first 700,000,000,000 bailout package. Remember, the one McCain suspended his campaign to rush back to DC and support?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    Whoever dressed Michelle during the campaign, unless it was herself, gets my vote for WalMart taste. It has gotten better since she now employs about 20 people as her entourage to make her look like she has taste.
    I grew up on a farm in SD. 1 of my chores was bringing the cows in for evening milking. We had a cow that would let me hop on her back & ride her so I got a good view of all the cows going in. When I watch the FL walk it reminds me very much of the cow gaits that I noticed so many times. This FL may always have money but neither she nor her hubby will ever have taste!
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  9. #39
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Big difference between being stupid and not agreeing with someone's position.

    ErinsEdge: I too think the wardrobe issue is petty...both Sarah's and Michelle's issues. I only pointed out, as several republican strategists agree, that was a PR gaff of huge proportions. I've come to realize there is a privelaged class in the world, and they will dress nicely, expensively, and we shouldn't worry about it. Its just the way it is. But if you're going to portray yourself as a soccer mom who is just like everyone else, then you have to give up the expensive clothes perk. Selling the jet worked wonders for her, she just didn't apply that same logic to wardrobe in buying a set of clothes that cost as much as some small airplanes.

    That's the extent of my picking on her clothes....in that it hurt her politically.

    Really??

    List them!
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #40
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Really??

    List them!
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/23/us...s/23palin.html

    Such an image is unhelpful at this late stage of the general election, Republicans said, especially when many families are experiencing economic pain, and when the image applies to a candidate, like Ms. Palin, who has run for office in part on her appeal as an outdoors enthusiast and former small-town mayor who scorns pretensions.

    “It looks like nobody with a political antenna was working on this,” said Ed Rollins, a Republican political consultant who ran President Ronald Reagan’s re-election campaign in 1984. “It just undercuts Palin’s whole image as a hockey mom, a ‘one-of-us’ kind of candidate.”

    Sorry I can't find prime source verification on others, but I remember Alex Castellanos and Joe Scarbrough, as well as David Gergen saying that it was a bone-headed political move in so many words. Legal, but stupid.

    All I'm sayin', to me, it was a common-sense blunder. But if you disagree and think it was a brilliant strategey, hey---go for it! If nominated in 2012, I hope she spends $1 million on clothes.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Similar Threads

  1. Rabid right wing scares GOP candidates
    By Roger Perry in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 02:31 PM
  2. What should the GOP do?
    By Matt McKenzie in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 11:57 AM
  3. GDG: Joe American's Ideas for Pres Candidates
    By Gerry Clinchy in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 03:27 PM
  4. GOP picks Mccain
    By DSO in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •