The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: GOP candidates shun help from Palin

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I grew up on a farm in SD. 1 of my chores was bringing the cows in for evening milking. We had a cow that would let me hop on her back & ride her so I got a good view of all the cows going in. When I watch the FL walk it reminds me very much of the cow gaits that I noticed so many times. This FL may always have money but neither she nor her hubby will ever have taste!
    And that's profound, coming from a man who "hops on cow's backs and rides them"!

Sorry, I haven't slept in 40 hours.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    And that's profound, coming from a man who "hops on cow's backs and rides them"!

Sorry, I haven't slept in 40 hours.
    Not everyone grew up inside the city limits. Do you know Marvins story? I have read his posts over the last couple of years, and believe he is someone who has earned and deserves some respect.

Marvin as a youth -- a reenactment:

I used an illegal alien from Vietnam to keep costs down....

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Marvin as a youth -- a reenactment:

I used an illegal alien from Vietnam to keep costs down....
    I don't care for your politics Jeff but if you can't laugh about this you have absolutely no sense of humor, good stuff.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacPherson View Post
    I don't care for your politics Jeff but if you can't laugh about this you have absolutely no sense of humor, good stuff.
    Well, you'll notice that while the kid may be moving to the "right", the animal is definitely a "lefty". I actually took this shot in July 2004.

By the way, I do not intend any disrespect with my post. I shot the photo of this kid at a little before 6 AM as he left to drive the cattle out to the grazing grounds. He didn't return for dinner until 12 hours later. The kids worked hard but also played games, almost all of which were conducted from the backs of their charges. Loss of an animal was a serious issue. While I was in the village, one fell off the mountain during a torrential rainstorm. That became part of our meals and the meals of everyone else in the village for the next few days.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 10-11-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Not everyone grew up inside the city limits. Do you know Marvins story? I have read his posts over the last couple of years, and believe he is someone who has earned and deserves some respect.
    Loosen up! I didn't grow up in the city limits, and still live on a farm. We all deserve a little respect!
    Marvin can certainly dish it out, and I suspect he can take a little too!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    This FL may always have money but neither she nor her hubby will ever have taste!
    LOL, notice I said "looks like she has taste".

Actually made me think of a line my Father used to say translated from the Russian as "looks like a saddle on a cow" which usually came out when a woman had a larger butt in an outfit, which he probably would have uttered had he been alive with the FL. Google is a wonderful thing because I found it. "Корова is a good word to have in your special insult pocket, but should be used with care. It can describe any fat, clumsy person, particularly of the female persuasion. Of the native Russian cow expressions, I like как корове седло (like a saddle on a cow), which is something you probably shouldn’t say to someone’s face: Платье ей идёт как корове седло (on her, the dress is as flattering as a saddle on a cow)." It must have been said enough around the house because I actually remember how to pronounce it.
    Last edited by ErinsEdge; 10-12-2009 at 08:07 AM.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/23/us...s/23palin.html

Such an image is unhelpful at this late stage of the general election, Republicans said, especially when many families are experiencing economic pain, and when the image applies to a candidate, like Ms. Palin, who has run for office in part on her appeal as an outdoors enthusiast and former small-town mayor who scorns pretensions.

“It looks like nobody with a political antenna was working on this,” said Ed Rollins, a Republican political consultant who ran President Ronald Reagan’s re-election campaign in 1984. “It just undercuts Palin’s whole image as a hockey mom, a ‘one-of-us’ kind of candidate.”

Sorry I can't find prime source verification on others, but I remember Alex Castellanos and Joe Scarbrough, as well as David Gergen saying that it was a bone-headed political move in so many words. Legal, but stupid.

All I'm sayin', to me, it was a common-sense blunder. But if you disagree and think it was a brilliant strategey, hey---go for it! If nominated in 2012, I hope she spends $1 million on clothes.
    I read the link.
    Looks like Joy Behar led the charge on this one.
    I don't think her wardrobe had any greater affect then Edwards haircuts and Michelles tennis shoes.

But if that was your tipping point, I think it would speak volumes about your choice process!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Actually, I think she looks pretty damn good in jeans and a hoodie! She seems to score the most points when dressed casually too. Just curious, what did she choose to wear on the cover of her new book?

As for Obama and Biden, you seem to mistake me for an ardent supporter. I'm just someone who is fed up with Bush's disastrous policies and am willing to give someone else a chance. Something not many here are willing to do, and that's fine. I'm not exactly thrilled with most of his policies either, especially his continuation of Bush's massive deficit spending and big government policies.

I wasn't here for most of Bush's regime, but I'm sure all the conservatives here were blasting away at the record-setting deficit spending and the first 700,000,000,000 bailout package. Remember, the one McCain suspended his campaign to rush back to DC and support?

If you bother to go back and get the full history of the Bush Administration you'll see some decent legislation. But as Bush decided he needed to kiss the Dem's a$$....his policies became more liberal and he simply caved to their demands.

One final thing...it took less than 6 months for the Dems and this administration to rewrite the record books for deficit spending and massive government intrusion. We'll see how you respond when this HC bill gets rammed down your throat and the 2nd stimulus package gets passed and then the cap and tax legislation is passed. Effectively turning this country into the biggest nanny state in the world.

You can keep talking about Bush....thats what the Dems want...while they spend us into financial oblivion.....
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I read the link.
    Looks like Joy Behar led the charge on this one.
    I don't think her wardrobe had any greater affect then Edwards haircuts and Michelles tennis shoes.

But if that was your tipping point, I think it would speak volumes about your choice process!!
    No, believe me, that wasn't the tipping point. And you're right, extravagant spending by anyone never earns points with the working folks. My only point was that she went out of her way to portray herself as a soccer-mom, ordinary mom type......just didn't jive with her wardrobe. All I'm sayin....