The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: GOP candidates shun help from Palin

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    If you bother to go back and get the full history of the Bush Administration you'll see some decent legislation. But as Bush decided he needed to kiss the Dem's a$$....his policies became more liberal and he simply caved to their demands.
    So am I to understand that Bush's record deficit spending was all the result of the minority democratic congress??? That's a new one. I haven't even heard Rush or Hannity come up with that!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

As I recall....the filibuster program was in full force and to get any meaningful legislation passed he had to go tit for tat.

Even trying to work with Dems like Ted Kennedy on education got nothing but a knife in the back.

Your extremely narrow recollection of the political situation and cynical view of Bush in general have masked the fact that Bush tried to go the bipartisan route in many legislative issues and look what happened. Why people like you get so bent out of shape about a repub president who emulated the liberal policy of spend, spend, spend is beyond me.

Goes to show you.....this type of fiscal policy is bad...no matter who's sitting in the Oval office.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

As I recall....the filibuster program was in full force and to get any meaningful legislation passed he had to go tit for tat.

Even trying to work with Dems like Ted Kennedy on education got nothing but a knife in the back.

Your extremely narrow recollection of the political situation and cynical view of Bush in general have masked the fact that Bush tried to go the bipartisan route in many legislative issues and look what happened. Why people like you get so bent out of shape about a repub president who emulated the liberal policy of spend, spend, spend is beyond me.

Goes to show you.....this type of fiscal policy is bad...no matter who's sitting in the Oval office.
    If you check the numbers, you will see that the growth in the deficit began to slow when the Dems won control of Congress under Bush.

I'm not sure what you mean by "people like you", but speaking for myself, I don't like deficit spending by any leadership in the whitehouse. Many "people like you" seem to have a problem with it only now that Obama is in office. Always makes me wonder what is true fiscal conservatism, and what is petty party politics. Record deficits are foolish whether its a dem or repub in office, as you point out.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

That did sound harsh didn't it...sorry. I meant folks that don't mind or actually prefer government handouts.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    If you check the numbers, you will see that the growth in the deficit began to slow when the Dems won control of Congress under Bush.

Prove it. Show me the CBO numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    When sitting up all freakin' night waiting to see people in the ER, it's a nice diversion, if you must know. Not much else going on in our little town from 11pm to 4am.

But the diversion away from the topics to personal shots tells me you either agree and don't want to admit it, or can't come up with a valid reason why dear Sarah's $150,000 was GOOD for the republican constituency to refute my observation.

Hell, I can't even enjoy a sandwich at 2am.
    Interesting that looking back over your last 100 post none of them came between 11pm and 4 am but whatever
    I hae no problem with the money spent on her. As has been pointed out a lot of people cannot/could not afford to "dress the part" on their own. I would be way out classes if someone did not help me out in the same situation. No win for her, dress in what you can afford and be mocked or dress in what they buy for you and be mocked
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Not much going on from 4am to 11pm either!

All I'm sayin is portraying youself as a common folk, then donning 150k clothes didn't go over well with many folks.

Its far from me to mock anyone who hunts all day, retires in their 40s, and signs a multi-million dollar book deal for two weeks work! Hell, I'm green with envy! I'm just waiting to see her pull up to a press conference in a F350 with a chassis mount 12 holer.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Not much going on from 4am to 11pm either!

All I'm sayin is portraying youself as a common folk, then donning 150k clothes didn't go over well with many folks.

Its far from me to mock anyone who hunts all day, retires in their 40s, and signs a multi-million dollar book deal for two weeks work! Hell, I'm green with envy! I'm just waiting to see her pull up to a press conference in a F350 with a chassis mount 12 holer.
    Out of all the National politicians, she the the most likely to do it. I can see why you would have a problem with her.

Nugent/Palin 2012
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth