The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your solution to US problems

Default What is your solution to US problems

we have all demonstrated that we are great armchair quarterbacks but lets see who has real viable solutions to the problems that face our nation....I will take a shot and get it started..lets see who has real ideas instead of attacking each other's posts

1. close the US borders immediately,no amnesty,zero tolerance

2. term limits for Senators, House of Rep ; two terms/12 yrs max for senators,10 yrs max for congressmen

3. 15 yr limit on SCOTUS

4. no more lobbyists

5. stop financial aid to foreign countries for 5 yrs

6. charity begins at home,stop trying to solve the worlds problems,
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

No more earmarks! If a state wants a pet project it can pay for it with state money.

We have to do much more.

1) Force the Fed to open its books for an audit. This HAS to be done. Ron Paul has a Bill right now that will get it done but he needs help from the democrats and more republicans. Bernanke will fight this tooth and nail.

2) Force the banks and financial institutions in this country to come clean with all the bad mortgages and debt they hold...much of it off balance sheet. Mark to market accounting. No more extend and pretend.

If we do these two things we'll be busy picking up the pieces for a long time but at least it's a beginning.

3) Vote for fiscal conservatives...republican or democrat. But good luck finding a democrat. The politicians have to stop spending money...NOW! Our money is like crack to these politicians and they're addicted, man.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Impeach Osama
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

1. Hold journalists accountable for reporting actual news, not playing the public or corporate interests for approval.
    2. Hold politicians accountable to actually governing, not playing the public or corporate interests for approval.
    3. Hold ourselves accountable for actually knowing what is fact and what is opinion, not being played by politicians and corporate interests.
    4. Hold ourselves accountable as constituents, by communicating with politicians while they are in office, voting them out if they are deficient, and paying attention to local politicians and issues as well as federal.

5. More generally: A few folks need to partake of some cultural sensitivity training and GED-level history review; a few others need to stop being so sensitive they can't function as citizens.

6. That said, some of the above folks just aren't very bright or have stubborn mean streaks or psychological damage, so the rest of us need to treat them like crazy uncles (even if they're national figures) and move on rather than taking the bait and tearing each other apart with useless vitriol. It just plays into the hands of those media figures and politicians incapable of nos. 1 and 2.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

I will critique what you say in bold.

we have all demonstrated that we are great armchair quarterbacks but lets see who has real viable solutions to the problems that face our nation....I will take a shot and get it started..lets see who has real ideas instead of attacking each other's posts

1. close the US borders immediately,no amnesty,zero tolerance - AGREE, We have allowed too many to come before the previous bunch is assimilated into the tolerance we have for others.

2. term limits for Senators, House of Rep ; two terms/12 yrs max for senators,10 yrs max for congressmen - Terms limits, everywhere - it would be easily accomplished by providing 0 retirement benefits for anyone elected to any position.

3. 15 yr limit on SCOTUS - I'd give em 20, but again no retirement beyond SS.

4. no more lobbyists - We are all lobbyists - just stop the favors granted.

5. stop financial aid to foreign countries for 5 yrs - Tough one, when we send money to the Israeli's it is to fight some of our battles for us. I would say we should expect an accounting of where the money goes, as most goes into some despot dictator's bank account. I would do it forever, though.

6. charity begins at home,stop trying to solve the worlds problems. I don't believe in charity, hand up instead of a handout. You have to remember there are large industries evolving around charity.

But let's solve our own problems - School Choice would be a good start. Stop coddling criminals, the guy in AZ has it correct. An overly intrusive government, the losers never seem to pay the consequences.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Ditto to all the above and:

Make the welfare system a one time deal, with a term limit, and anyone receiving welfare MUST volunteer in community programs, including trash pick up if they can't be useful in other programs.

Eye for an eye justice system

Let sherif Joe redo the entire jail system.

Muzzel the ACLU

If you are a citizen of the USA and have a huggy feel good session with dictators and enemies of state-you are a traitor. GET OUT. You've revoked your right to live here.

By golly I like this thread.

Get the gov't out of the mortgage business, bye bye Feddie, Fannie, and FHA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Impeach Osama
    Impeach him for what? Being a democrat? Your party did a lot to help the Country in the last 8 years.

I agree with almost all of the above except term limits. Sort of. If we had TRUE campaign finance reform, got rid of lobbyists and corporate and SIG influence, then the PEOPLE could impose true term limits on those they don't like...its called elections!

Admittedly, right now, the system protects incumbents unfairly. But unless we address the root of the problem, ie lobbyists and SIGs, they will just line up their candidates and replace them as their terms expire, and we'll have the same problem with new faces every so many years. I say rid the system of corrupted campaigns and let the PEOPLE choose. THen, if there truly is someone the people want, they won't be arbitrarily kicked out.

Having said that, I do believe there is good reason to have term limits on the president. He is in a much more solid position to power-grab and influence the course of the country than any one out of 500 legislators. With the powers the presidents have amassed over the years, (and never relinquish regardless of party changes) he is much closer to a monarch than any legislative body could be. As for SCOTUS.....???? I'll defer to the authors of the Constitution on that one.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!