The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicago style health care

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    And how do you know this Jeff.....when there isn't any concrete legislative language to the bill.......I think your thoughts are a pipe dream.
    You can see a detailed summary at http://www.docstoc.com/docs/11382446...ll---Full-Text. Have you noticed that those who oppose the bill has no qualms about saying what is in it, but as soon as someone points out that they are wrong they say who can tell, the bill hasn't been written yet. I assume you can see the irony.

Jeff-

I haven't criticized the bill. I haven't seen it yet. Neither has anyone else. The bill doesn't exist. You've referenced that document a couple of times but it's not the bill.

Eric

Interview today with a Senator who voted against the Baucus bill in the Finance Committee ... the Senate bill would now have to be reconciled with the house bill to come up with a final "compromise" bill. By then the resulting bill should likely be over 1,000 pages long.

The Senator (sorry, can't remember which one it was) further explained that the present several hundred pages were split up for reading between himself and 4 of his staff people. Far too complex for one person to read and understand in the time allotted for doing that.

Wonder how much in tax dollars has already been expended in just reading these "preambles" to the final bill. Wonder if the perpetrators are depending on "attrition" to get the final bill passed?

The recurrent question comes up is: If there is so much waste in Medicare why aren't they doing something about it now? Why hasn't any action been taken on that in the past? Do they have to wait for this bill to get passed to work on waste? Each day, week, month that passes without acting on existing waste is more $ up in smoke.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.