The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another idiotic idea

Default Another idiotic idea

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

This is just another PC/leftwing load of BS. I know the story says nothing about the political affiliation of the complex but this is strictly a leftwing concept.

Every American should fly the flag of our country every chance they get. I would love to offend some of you as much as you offend me with the ideas you are attempting to ram down Americas throat.

What makes you think this is a left wing plot?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Unbelievable....anyone who would be offended by the American flag should be deported immediately.
    Residents' outrage started when Jim Clausen, whose son is in the military and on his way back to Iraq, was told he couldn't fly an American flag from the back of his motorcycle.
    If he didn't take the flag down, he was told he'd face eviction, the station reported.
    "It floored me," Clausen told the station. "I can't believe she was saying what she was saying. It [the flag] stands for the people that can no longer stand - who died in wars. That's why I fly the flag."
    Sharron White, a long-time resident, was told by management to take down the flag she's flown on her car for eight years because "someone might get offended."
    "I just said to her, 'They'll just have to get over it,'" White told the station.
    The ban also applies to flag stickers on cars, as well as sports flags.
    Residents' outrage started when Jim Clausen, whose son is in the military and on his way back to Iraq, was told he couldn't fly an American flag from the back of his motorcycle.
    If he didn't take the flag down, he was told he'd face eviction, the station reported.
    "It floored me," Clausen told the station. "I can't believe she was saying what she was saying. It [the flag] stands for the people that can no longer stand - who died in wars. That's why I fly the flag."
    Sharron White, a long-time resident, was told by management to take down the flag she's flown on her car for eight years because "someone might get offended."
    "I just said to her, 'They'll just have to get over it,'" White told the station.
    The ban also applies to flag stickers on cars, as well as sports flags.
    Of course the complex probably would welcome THIS flag displayed
    prominently.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=112762

When I grew up my father and his friends were all Veterans and proud of their service and a strong VFW where they were all members. And we fley the flag on our front porch.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Any modification of the flag is unacceptable. Placing the face of ANY president or person on the flag, as you displayed, is highly unacceptable. I can't tell you how many times per day I see improper display of the flag. As long as it's not offensive or flagrant, and the person in trying to display the flag in a patriotic way, I don't say anything. One thing I won't ignore, is when rednecks think it's cute to display the confederate flag ABOVE the United States flag on the same pole, or in the position of honor. (then I don't say anything either, because there's usually a pit-bull chained to the pole)
    Last edited by dnf777; 10-14-2009 at 08:35 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Plot? Who said anything about a plot?

Just non-principled left wingers doing what they do.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Nothing at all about their being left wingers, only good old capitalist realtors concerned about anything that might affect profits. They rescinded the ban two days later. I have seen a number of housing/townhouse developments that ban any outside displays, including flags, because they think it detracts from the appearance of their sterile little lots. Just one more reason I've never lived in a building built since 1920.

BS,

Only the left would be offended by an American flag. That's the problem with you guys, you will not even admit when your side comes up with a stupid idea.

This is PC junk. We have had several instances of this through out the country the last few years and it has all come from the PC left.

You are in America, how could you get offended by our flag. If you do, you are free to live somewhere else.

I never said plot, I said concept.

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    BS,

Only the left would be offended by an American flag. That's the problem with you guys, you will not even admit when your side comes up with a stupid idea.
    Don't know who you're talking to. I don't think anyone here is offended by the flag. I am offended by people posting pictures of defamed flags, people draping themselves in the flag improperly, and people politicizing flag etiquette and applying isolated cases of moronacy to an entire group of people.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

..."applying isolated cases of moronacy to an entire group of people."

Really??? Get that from Wikipedia?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.