The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush and Rams

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

Default Rush and Rams

Why can't Rush own an NFL team? What has he stated that was so devisive that disqualifies his minority ownership with a group of partners?

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGunWillie View Post
    Why can't Rush own an NFL team? What has he stated that was so devisive that disqualifies his minority ownership with a group of partners?
    Because America is no longer a free country. If a handful of racial zealots make enough claims about someone being devisive (whether or not their claims are true) some loud, fat reverend will leap in front of cameras and make sure freedom is not available in what was supposed to be a free market system.

It is no longer true that anyone with the money can buy what is on the market. They must fit a popular/populace mold, comrade.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

I'm surprised they didn't roll out Mike Nifong to testify against Rush. Instead they roll out their two favorite low life street reverends...Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton and Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson to make their case. Jackson was hard to find as he was shacked up with another sweet young thing.

And the hard working sports journalists dredging up fake quotes attributed to Limbaugh should make the liberals proud. Probably the most recorded man in the history of radio and all they can come up with are fake quotes?

It's the Mike Nifong School of Journalism.

Rush has no more right to be part owner of an NFL team than you do to commit a felony. Remember if it is assumed that Rush does have this right than the implication is that the owners of the NFL have no right to decide who they can sell to. As far as I know there are no anti discrimination laws that deal with being a seller or owner of an NFL team. That being the case then Rush or anybody else that wants to purchase a team and is denied by the owners is on the outside looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Rush has no more right to be part owner of an NFL team than you do to commit a felony. Remember if it is assumed that Rush does have this right than the implication is that the owners of the NFL have no right to decide who they can sell to.
    I would hope we all understand that dynamic. I'm not debating that point at all. It is the false premise used specifically to deny Rush (the subject of this thread) as a potential part owner. Of all the banter about his "long record of racist and devisive language and behavior", only one comment he's alleged to have made is actually true...one. This is what all the flap is about?

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

I have never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies than the far left wingers. They are mostly a group of whiney,sniveling,,little racists.

Its funny ,,but when these week minded panty waste individuals speak,,,there are actually people who listen. Thats the scary part.

If Rush has the money to buy a team and somebody wants to sell it to him then its none of their buisness if he is a racist or not. Racism is not a crime,,,if it were there would be a whole lot of radical liberals behind bars.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I would hope we all understand that dynamic. I'm not debating that point at all. It is the false premise used specifically to deny Rush (the subject of this thread) as a potential part owner. Of all the banter about his "long record of racist and devisive language and behavior", only one comment he's alleged to have made is actually true...one. This is what all the flap is about?

Evan
    It seems to me that Rush has had a long history with racially insensitive remarks.

Some Rush rants.

Feb 5, 2007: but a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government." Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives.

Jan 22, 2009: We are being told that we have to hope he succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ..bend over forward, backward....whichever, because his father was black"

July 27 2009: "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy"

Now it is not that important if we think that these comments are racially insensitive, it's the owners who are making the decision and apparantly they feel that these are to divisive for their tastes.

The NFL is a very conservative organization but more importantly they are very image sensitive. Anything that tarnishes that image is just not tolerated ,something they have every right to defend.
    Last edited by cotts135; 10-15-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGunWillie View Post
    Possibly because he said

CNN anchor Rick Sanchez read a disputed racist quote attributed to Rush Limbaugh about antebellum slavery on Monday’s Newsroom: “Limbaugh’s perceived racist diatribes are too many to name. Here’s a sample- he once declared that ‘slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back. I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.’”

So Rush Limbaugh has managed to make racist attacks on four of the most admired and respected people of African descent in the past one hundred years, in Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell and Barack Obama. He has called for the assassin of Martin Luther King to be given a medal, and said slavery was a good thing. He has claimed that Joe the Plumber, who isn’t even a plumber is more important in this election than Colin Powell, a decorated military veteran who has served honorably in three administrations. How can the Republican party stand by this man and let their candidates appear on his show?

Besides, the NFL did not think Limbaugh would not do all that well with an all white, right wing football team.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 10-15-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Possibly because he said

CNN anchor Rick Sanchez read a disputed racist quote attributed to Rush Limbaugh about antebellum slavery on Monday’s Newsroom: “Limbaugh’s perceived racist diatribes are too many to name. Here’s a sample- he once declared that ‘slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back. I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.’”

Besides, the NFL did not think Limbaugh would not do all that well with an all white right wing football team.
    I suggest you ask Mr. Sanchez of CNN to source this quote. He won't be able to because he's from the Mike Nifong School of Journalism and they get their bilge from wikepedia. As I said earlier Limbaugh is the most recorded man in the history of radio so let's hear the tape.