The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush and Rams

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    It seems to me that Rush has had a long history with racially insensitive remarks. Someone needs to grow the H%#&* UP!

Some Rush rants.

Feb 5, 2007: but a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government." Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives. True

Jan 22, 2009: We are being told that we have to hope he succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ..bend over forward, backward....whichever, because his father was black"True

July 27 2009: "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy"True

Now it is not that important if we think that these comments are racially insensitive, it's the owners who are making the decision and apparantly they feel that these are to divisive for their tastes. Typical Liberal Vomitt

The NFL is a very conservative organization but more importantly they are very image sensitive. Anything that tarnishes that image is just not tolerated ,something they have every right to defend.
    It is all about feeling good Buzz, pass the bong man.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Possibly because he said

CNN anchor Rick Sanchez read a disputed racist quote attributed to Rush Limbaugh about antebellum slavery on Monday’s Newsroom: “Limbaugh’s perceived racist diatribes are too many to name. Here’s a sample- he once declared that ‘slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back. I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.’”

So Rush Limbaugh has managed to make racist attacks on four of the most admired and respected people of African descent in the past one hundred years, in Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell and Barack Obama. He has called for the assassin of Martin Luther King to be given a medal, and said slavery was a good thing. He has claimed that Joe the Plumber, who isn’t even a plumber is more important in this election than Colin Powell, a decorated military veteran who has served honorably in three administrations. How can the Republican party stand by this man and let their candidates appear on his show?

Besides, the NFL did not think Limbaugh would not do all that well with an all white right wing football team.

Jump right in with both feet Roger, and maybe Rush will include you among those he intends to go after with his law suit. Then you'll have your 15 minutes of fame you so long for.

Always predictable, you never fail to fall in step with anything you 'think sounds good' to your pathetic reasoning. As stated by many on this board, you'll never disappoint us by seeking any factual info before posting.

Oh, I keep forgetting, you are an 'independant'. Another SIIC-O that's so obvious it's laughable. 777 must be proud to be in your circle.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Possibly because he said

CNN anchor Rick Sanchez read a disputed racist quote attributed to Rush Limbaugh about antebellum slavery on Monday’s Newsroom: “Limbaugh’s perceived racist diatribes are too many to name. Here’s a sample- he once declared that ‘slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back. I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.’”

So Rush Limbaugh has managed to make racist attacks on four of the most admired and respected people of African descent in the past one hundred years, in Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell and Barack Obama. He has called for the assassin of Martin Luther King to be given a medal, and said slavery was a good thing. He has claimed that Joe the Plumber, who isn’t even a plumber is more important in this election than Colin Powell, a decorated military veteran who has served honorably in three administrations. How can the Republican party stand by this man and let their candidates appear on his show?

Besides, the NFL did not think Limbaugh would not do all that well with an all white right wing football team.
    Now who's Racist???

CNN and Sanchez will need to find their sources for that quote very soon to use in court. I figure the law suit will be atleast $250,000,000 min and Rush is going to win. Liberal journalism, regurgitate crap you heard from a blog as truth and tar your enemy with it. Lazy Baskards can't even do their own homework.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

When the courts get done with the bloviators who attribute the phony quotes to Rush I hope they award tons of damages for the libel or slander(I am not a lawyer, Deo Gratia). It is sickening the way the govt run media seeks to distort the truth about Conservatives.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post

Some Rush rants.

Feb 5, 2007: but a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government." Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives.

Jan 22, 2009: We are being told that we have to hope he succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ..bend over forward, backward....whichever, because his father was black"

July 27 2009: "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy"
    Racism is a common term used by those who don't like to hear the truth.
    ________
    HONDA 175
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Will basically be impossible for him to win a libel/slander case since he is a public figure. Public figures have an assumed risk of being libeled or slandered against and you have to prove huge damages to be able to win a case. He won't win, I predict

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

How much damage will being removed from the bidding potentially cost Rush? I hope he succeeds in suing the jerks who are dragging his name thru the mud.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    It is all about feeling good Buzz, pass the bong man.

Or in the Drugster's case, pass the vicodin.

Or was it Oxycontin?
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-15-2009 at 11:09 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Racism is a common term used by those who don't like to hear the truth.
    That works for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    Will basically be impossible for him to win a libel/slander case since he is a public figure. Public figures have an assumed risk of being libeled or slandered against and you have to prove huge damages to be able to win a case. He won't win, I predict
    Bet you though these guys would not win either did you?????

http://anythinghollywood.com/2009/06...ns-libel-suit/

http://stupidcelebrities.net/2009/07...-affair-story/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163809,00.html