The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush and Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I would hope we all understand that dynamic. I'm not debating that point at all. It is the false premise used specifically to deny Rush (the subject of this thread) as a potential part owner. Of all the banter about his "long record of racist and devisive language and behavior", only one comment he's alleged to have made is actually true...one. This is what all the flap is about?

Evan
    How many racist, devisive comments are necessary before it counts?

Never underestimate what a little fame and fortune can buy.

After-all, The Drugster got off, didn't he?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I believe that Mr. Sanchez' remarks are not valid. In fact Rush is pursuing the source and then will pursue legal action.

He has dropped out of the group trying to buy the Rams.

What Rush said on the dates quoted. His "rants". Is the substance fact or fiction?

"July 27 2009: "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy"" It is a statement about a specific person. Not racial. Quite probably true based on associations and his book.

"Feb 5, 2007: but a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government." Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives. " Again quite probably true. So is it racial? If he was talking about blacks, then it is most likely statement of fact. You could probably say the same about the majority of poor young white boys.

"Jan 22, 2009: We are being told that we have to hope he succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ..bend over forward, backward....whichever, because his father was black""
    I don't know what to say to that one. The reasoning doesn't necessarily make sense. Sounds like one of his ramblings.

Yes, Rush goes off a bit on tangents. But there is generally a lot of truth in what he says about someone/something. He can generally back it up.
    Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

I live in St. Louis and frankly we could use something cause the Rams are stinking it up for quite a while now.

It sounds like the NFLL is quite hypocritical and a bunch of wussies. If they would take a hard a line on so called offensive acts then the league would be in serious need of 1st string players. The list of Jackassery that has been done by players is appalling.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Rush Limbaugh has the right to say whatever he wants, whether itís racist and divisive or not. However, he must also live with the consequences.

The NFL and team owners have the right to sell an interest in a team to who ever they want. They can also deny ownership to someone if they feel it damages the image and reputation of the league or team. Whether you believe Rush is a racist or not, that is how many people perceive him. Wasnít it his comments about Donovan McNabb that got him kicked off of ESPN? If he made half of the racist comments attributed to him, I would consider him a racist.

There are also other racially charged comments attributed to Limbaugh that concerned the NFL, so why would the NFL want him. Some black players have already said they will not play for a team he has ownership in. Some fans have also said they will not attend Rams games if he is an owner. Letís face it, the NFL is all about making money. So, if you were the NFL, who would you side with, the fans and players, or Rush Limbaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    777 must be proud to be in your circle.

UB
    For the Love of God! Can we not even have the NFL be apolitical!????
    For that reason, I'm staying the hell out of this one! I still don't know what all these little names I'm being called are? sicco? rino? I guess I need to watch more Rush or Oprah?? Ain't gonna happen!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Rush Limbaugh has the right to say whatever he wants, whether itís racist and divisive or not. However, he must also live with the consequences.

The NFL and team owners have the right to sell an interest in a team to who ever they want. They can also deny ownership to someone if they feel it damages the image and reputation of the league or team. Whether you believe Rush is a racist or not, that is how many people perceive him. Wasnít it his comments about Donovan McNabb that got him kicked off of ESPN? If he made half of the racist comments attributed to him, I would consider him a racist.

There are also other racially charged comments attributed to Limbaugh that concerned the NFL, so why would the NFL want him. Some black players have already said they will not play for a team he has ownership in. Some fans have also said they will not attend Rams games if he is an owner. Letís face it, the NFL is all about making money. So, if you were the NFL, who would you side with, the fans and players, or Rush Limbaugh?

The whole freakin thing is about money McNabb would not turn a deal if Rush owned the team. for enough money he would wash his jet. Lets not kid ourselve the NFL players play for money period. For most of us the last time we played football for fun we were 8.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    The whole freakin thing is about money McNabb would not turn a deal if Rush owned the team. for enough money he would wash his jet. Lets not kid ourselve the NFL players play for money period. For most of us the last time we played football for fun we were 8.
    I know most people can be bought, but obviously there wasnít been enough money being offered to make some of these players compromise their principles. Sometimes money is not as important as the stand you take.

The NFL who is full of wife beaters, dog killers, murderers, bastered fathers and drug dealers is going to keep Limbaugh out ....... What a JOKE.

I bet if the 2 poverty pimps ..... Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson wanted to buy into a team, they'd be allowed. Do they not say controversial things ???

How about that discrace of a journalist Keith Oberlman ..... would he be allowed to buy in ????? Does he not say controversial things ?????

LIBERAL DOUBLE STANDARDS are at play again ......
    Last edited by Lucky Seven; 10-15-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I know most people can be bought, but obviously there wasnít been enough money being offered to make some of these players compromise their principles. Sometimes money is not as important as the stand you take.

It was not the players choice. It was the spinless owners who likely dont want folks looking in their closets.