The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush and Rams

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    What'dya bet Hew? You lose. Not only did you lose your bet, even worse, you have me agreeing with you!
    LOL.

Don't go gettin' all cocky. Even broke clocks are right twice each day.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I was raised racist and was racist for almost half my life. Growing up in a tough city like Detroit that has serious race issues, I can understand those feelings. But I can't understand a guy like Rush fanning the flames.
    Are you saying it's easier not to be racist when you don't have to interact with other races? When you lived in Detroit you were a racist. Now you live in some bucolic burg with less than one half of one percent black people and you've cured yourself? I applaud you for having the sackage to write what you wrote, but what you wrote is tinged with prejudice. I'm not saying I don't have skeletons myself, but then I don't go around branding folks as racists either.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Seven View Post
    So you would say the same things if some high end golf clubs went back to keeping blacks out ..... right ??? They are private and can also choose to affiliate with whoever they want too ...... right ????
    There are still plenty of exclusive country clubs that still exclude blacks, other minorities, and women. Since they are private, it is not illegal for them to do so. Most, if not all, will not admit to those exclusions. However, just by coincidence, they have no members that fall into those groups. Since they are private clubs, they do not have to disclose their membership criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Are you saying it's easier not to be racist when you don't have to interact with other races? When you lived in Detroit you were a racist. Now you live in some bucolic burg with less than one half of one percent black people and you've cured yourself? I applaud you for having the sackage to write what you wrote, but what you wrote is tinged with prejudice. I'm not saying I don't have skeletons myself, but then I don't go around branding folks as racists either.
    I would say it's easier not to be racist if you don't have to interact on a daily basis with the worst that society has to offer. Where I grew up, I got to meet some really really bad people. I actually started to change when I went to college and met lots of responsible people of other races. My dad has changed too. There is still hope for Rush.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

They don't need proof positive. What's in his heart and what he says may be two different things, but who knows.

I grew up in Detroit. My dad was a fire fighter in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city. He was a block away from the start of the 1967 riots. I worked in the inner city for about 5 years, it wasn't pretty. I have seen some things that would keep you up at night. I can tell ya, my dad was racist. All his friends on the department were racist. I was raised racist and was racist for almost half my life. Growing up in a tough city like Detroit that has serious race issues, I can understand those feelings. But I can't understand a guy like Rush fanning the flames.
    Buzz,

I grew up in Detroit myself. Racism was pervasive, and the flames were often fanned by those that stood to gain power and/or financial rewards from seeing that situation continue. I commend you for being able to grow beyond what that environment taught you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Buzz,

I grew up in Detroit myself. Racism was pervasive, and the flames were often fanned by those that stood to gain power and/or financial rewards from seeing that situation continue. I commend you for being able to grow beyond what that environment taught you.
    Like old Coleman Young? That guy was a tragedy for the city.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    The Detroit Metro area is one of the most racially polarized communities you will ever find. Actually, a lack of interaction between races there probably contributes more to racist attitudes than interaction does. Blacks and whites are pretty much raised not to interact with each other. Blacks are raised not to trust whites and whites are raised not to trust blacks. Even though Detroit has a high population of blacks, many donít know any whites unless they happen to work with them. They donít have white friends, and they donít associate with whites. The converse is true for whites in the Detroit Metro.

Detroit and it suburbs have a long history of racism. It has gotten better over time, but a lot of that hatred still exists today.

I find it laughable that anyone can with a straight face claim that Rush isn't a racist. If he isn't, he does a darn good job of imitating one
    Rush is definately not a racist(my straight face emoticon.) I listen to him if I am driving if he is on. I never heard him say what I would call a racist comment. Now he makes fun of cetrtain people who are black. But not because they are black. But because they are idiots.

I believe that people who cry racism are almost always the ones who are racist.
    Its one of those phycological things
    Just an observation.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    How many racist, devisive comments are necessary before it counts?
    If a race bating hate merchant like Jesse Jackson wanted in on the team-buying, what do you think it would take to deny him a spot in the ownership? Try to be honest.

It depends on who you are as to how many it takes.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

ďPeople who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.Ē

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Like old Coleman Young? That guy was a tragedy for the city.
    In the beginning, Coleman Young was actually good for the city. He cleaned up some of the things that negatively impacted the cityís residences. Remember the old STRESS police unit? They had a higher kill rate of citizens than any other police department in any major city. Coincidentally, all the citizens they killed were black men. They finally proved some of the STRESS shooting victims had officerís throw away weapons planted on them to justify the shooting. Young disbanded that unit much to the relief of black people.

However, after a while, Young turned into a liability. He was so radical and racially focused that his attitude alienated most businesses and whites in the suburbs. Unfortunately, for Detroit thatís where the money was, and Detroit could not survive with its suburbs. No one wanted to do business with Young and the city of Detroit. That was the beginning of the end for Detroit.