The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127

Thread: Rush and Rams

  1. #101
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Okay, let me clarify what I meant. I am not against interracial marriage. Frankly, I couldn't care less. It's just not for me. I don't put it in the same category as same sex marriage, which I am opposed to. What I was agreeing with the JP about was what he said about the kids having a hard way to go. I don't think that anyone could really argue the fact that interracial children have a more difficult time fitting in and are bullied or picked on more than children of only one race. (Of course, this is not meant as an absolute statement. I know there are exceptions, so I don't want anyone asking me about Tiger Woods or Mariah Carey or Barack Obama...) In many cases, I think this could lead to hanging with 'the wrong crowd' as they are generally accepting of anyone who will engage in the behaviors that they do. I feel for children of interracial couples because they just have one more thing stacked against them in this world that can be difficult enough for a child already. However, this is not a valid reason for anyone other than the said couple to make any decision regarding their marital status or future children.
    your statement about kids from inter racial couples is ludicrous. My entire family of brothers and sisters married caucasian spouses...we are of Filipino descent but are all US educated and in most cases about as conservative as they come. We dont see color in my family, all the grandkids are inter racial and have never had a problem due to race, and they have lived in the deep south of Atlanta, Texas, the lily white state of Utahand Idaho and even your state of NC..even though you say you have no problem with it, your statement speaks of a different tone..
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    If you are in any way, shape or form accusing me of being a racist and a liar, you should read closer. Your last sentence sure sounds like you are. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't insult me like that without having any good reason.

    As far as interracial children go, I think that it would be safe to say that some races mix and aren't as obvious or as hot of a topic as white and black. Can you honestly say that a white/black mixed child will (generally speaking) have as easy of a life as your family sounds to have had? I seriously doubt it. If you think otherwise, I think that is awful naive.
    ________
    UKGal_22
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:13 PM.

  3. #103
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    If you are in any way, shape or form accusing me of being a racist and a liar, you should read closer. Your last sentence sure sounds like you are. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't insult me like that without having any good reason.

    As far as interracial children go, I think that it would be safe to say that some races mix and aren't as obvious or as hot of a topic as white and black. Can you honestly say that a white/black mixed child will (generally speaking) have as easy of a life as your family sounds to have had? I seriously doubt it. If you think otherwise, I think that is awful naive.
    NEVER insulted you ...NEVER accused you of being a racist...did not like your blanket statement about children from an interracial union...I just think that you not coming from a family that has inter racial kids has very little idea what obstacles we face and dont face...I dont know too many black/white couples so for me to comment on their obstacles would also be unfair
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  4. #104
    Senior Member dback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I actually thought of not posting it because it falls into the category of "gotcha" stories about complete fools where the only reason for posting is to try to link those fools to someone on one end or the other of the political spectrum. However, given that many of the right wing posts on this forum fall neatly into the same category, I decided that I would go ahead and stick it up there.
    I'm going to give you this one because we probably agree more here than disagree. It irritates the hell out of me to be painted or see others painted with the broad brush of 'racist' in the normal course of life simply because an interaction took place between two different races. I have been in a 37 year long interracial marriage and in that length of time only twice has someone said/acted in a truely racist fashion towards us...once in Mexico City a man called her a name for marrying outside her race and once here (I couldn't get the POS out of his car once I caught him). I had the good fortune of playing basketball at the college level ... my college roommate was black, my traveling roommate was black and most of my teammates were black. The crap we dished out to each other (much of it race oriented) would raise the hair on most people's neck but none of it was "racist". The closest of friendships have endured all these years later and will continue to do so. Today nearly all my employees are minority and I'm confident that each would privately say that I am a very fair employer and friend ..... yet..... a few weeks ago a vehicle was traveling through our neighborhood doing about 60 mph in a 25 mph zone. I told him to slow down, the driver (black youth) immediately proclaims that I'm a racist even though I only saw a speeding green malibu until the last moment. I do not, nor do my innumerable minority friends figure race into our relationship equation.

    Here is where we probably depart on agreement. Some find 'racism' at every corner ie. "I was pulled over by LEO today because I'm black/hispanic/asian (forget I ran a red light). Does racism exist??? Sure....however, IMO, not nearly as much as is claimed by some. In some circles it is a 'crutch'. Rush is critical of many people....by a wide margin, whites....but heaven forbid he criticize a minority because then he's a racist. It's a convenient crutch for many to paint him as a racist. His politics aside....consider that he is making a point and the object of his point just happens to be black (or hispanic or ...)
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    [B]I just think that you not coming from a family that has inter racial kids
    When did I say that?

    Hell, I guess I could be interracial. I'm half Italian, half redneck. But guess what? I look white. Most people never know the difference. It's not the same with black/white mixes. I have seen them in school have a tough time fitting in. I am sure it has been a little longer since you were in school and it is a safe bet that there were far fewer interracial couples back then.
    ________
    Wellbutrin Settlement
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:14 PM.

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Seven View Post
    OH GOOD lord ...... if a white singer did that to a black singer, Al Sharpton would have been foaming at the mouth.

    The outrage would have of the charts.

    Just another Liberal double standard
    First, what does Al Sharpton have to do with what Kanye West did? Maybe Sharpton would have had something to say if a white singer had done that to a black singer, and maybe he wouldn't. Unless it happens, we will never know for sure. You are just making an assumption. For all you know, Al Sharpton may have disapproved of what West did as well.

    I cannot speak for Kanye West's true intentions, and unless he reveals them, no one else can either. As far as I'm concerned, this was just an act of stupidity, and there is no reason to bring race into it.

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    And when Kanye West said after Katrina that Pres Bush doesn't like black people, where was the outrage from the black community?

    Bush help put this country into debt with his incresed spending on domestic poverty and foreign aide to Africa. Yet the black community was silent on West's statement.
    And, when Glen Beck said Obama has exposed himself as someone with a deep seeded hatred for white people, where was the outrage from the white community? When Beck said he believed Obama is a racist, where was the outrage from the white community? When Rush Limbaugh referred to Obama and Halle Berry as “Halfrakin Americans”, where was the outrage from the white community?

    The fact is, the “black community” is comprised of a lot of individuals with various view points, ideologies, and life styles. Just like whites, they do not necessarily act or react as a collective.

    Kanye West, who, by the way, is only an entertainer, said what HE believed. That doesn’t mean the “black community” was required to comment on it, support it, or be outraged by it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I say there is more racism in the balck community than there is in the white one.
    I think if you would ask most black people, they would tell you just the opposite. So, who’s right? Each side tends to overlook, down play, or rationalize racism perpetrated by members of their own group. For every antidotal incident of black racism you can present, there can just as easily be one of white racism presented. But, what would that prove? The truth is, racism is still pervasive on both sides. Trying to determine which one is the most racist seems a bit ridiculous. The real problem is that racism is still prevalent in our society.

  8. #108
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    ...The truth is, racism is still pervasive on both sides. Trying to determine which one is the most racist seems a bit ridiculous. The real problem is that racism is still prevalent in our society.
    I do not believe racism is a problem. If the racism is systemic, that is a problem. I do not believe it is systemic. I think our society has enough, more than enough, checks in place to prevent systemic racism. Individual racism is impossible to prevent. Trying to prevent it through thought police legislation like hate crime laws is ludicrous.
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    If you are in any way, shape or form accusing me of being a racist and a liar, you should read closer. Your last sentence sure sounds like you are. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't insult me like that without having any good reason.

    As far as interracial children go, I think that it would be safe to say that some races mix and aren't as obvious or as hot of a topic as white and black. Can you honestly say that a white/black mixed child will (generally speaking) have as easy of a life as your family sounds to have had? I seriously doubt it. If you think otherwise, I think that is awful naive.

    You have thrown out more than your fair share of insults and personal attacks. I do not believe how you are still allowed to make comments on this forum.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 10-17-2009 at 05:41 PM.

  10. #110
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post

    And, when Glen Beck said Obama has exposed himself as someone with a deep seeded hatred for white people, where was the outrage from the white community? When Beck said he believed Obama is a racist, where was the outrage from the white community?


    .
    Obama did sit in Rev Wright's church for 20 years. That is cause enough for concern. Rev Wright is no different than lets say a David Duke. Can anyone imagine the outrage a political candidate would have endured if they attended a Duke rally? The liberal media looked the other way on that issue and that media is OK with reverse discrimination.

    I can't comment on Limbaugh as I'm not a listener and don't know the context of what he was saying.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Similar Threads

  1. Rush Limbaugh
    By Roger Perry in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 01:16 PM
  2. Rush and the HSUS
    By TCFarmer in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 02:44 PM
  3. "I'm NOT Rush!!!!"
    By Joe S. in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 08:41 AM
  4. "Quit Listening to Rush!" shrieks BHO."I won, I will trump you on that!"
    By Julie R. in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 01:00 PM
  5. Esprits Odd Man Rush
    By runnindawgz in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •