The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Rush and Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Obama did sit in Rev Wright's church for 20 years. That is cause enough for concern. Rev Wright is no different than lets say a David Duke. Can anyone imagine the outrage a political candidate would have endured if they attended a Duke rally? The liberal media looked the other way on that issue and that media is OK with reverse discrimination.

I can't comment on Limbaugh as I'm not a listener and don't know the context of what he was saying.
    There was not outrage about George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan & Bob Dole campaigning at Bob Jones University, a well know racist institution. Or what about President Reagan's long association and close friendship with Strom Thurman? Those should have been causes for concern as well? I guess the liberal media missed those, and the conservative media was ok with overt discrination.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    There was not outrage about George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan & Bob Dole campaigning at Bob Jones University, a well know racist institution. Or what about President Reagan's long association and close friendship with Strom Thurman? Those should have been causes for concern as well? I guess the liberal media missed those, and the conservative media was ok with overt discrination.
    What a strech, your arguement is weak! Other than being a whacko Evangelical U, BJU intergrated not long after most U's. You would have to condem every political candidate that has step foot on a southern university! GWB, Ron Raegan and Bob Dole campaigned there decades after desegregation. Whereas, Obama was a member on Rev Wright's congregation up to a month before the election.

BTW, R Raegan had Rev Billy Graham as his spiritual mentor. Rev Graham broke form BJU in the 1950's and that break almost put BJU out of business.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-17-2009 at 10:32 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What a strech, your arguement is weak! Other than being a whacko Evangelical U, BJU intergrated not long after most U's. You would have to condem every political candidate that has step foot on a southern university! GWB, Ron Raegan and Bob Dole campaigned there decades after desegregation. Whereas, Obama was a member on Rev Wright's congregation up to a month before the election.

BTW, R Raegan had Rev Billy Graham as his spiritual mentor. Rev Graham broke form BJU in the 1950's and that break almost put BJU out of business.
    I don't see where it is a stretch. Bob Jones University didn't allow blacks to enroll until '71 or '72, but they had to be married. BJU didn't allow unmarried black students until '75. However, BJU continued its policy banning interracial dating and marriage until 2000. That means the policy prohibiting interracial dating and marraige was still in place at the time Reagan, Bush & Dole campaigned there, not decades after.

So, if Billy Graham was Reagan's spiritual advisor, don't you think Reagan knew about BJU's discriminatory racial policies and its condemnation of Catholics before he campaigned there? Don't you think it should have been ďcause for concernĒ that he still decided to go?

It should have been because right after Reagan took office, he attempted to reverse the long-standing IRS policy of denying tax-exempt status to private schools that practice racial discrimination, and tried to grant an exemption to Bob Jones University. Ultimately, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the IRSí policy.

Is this reverse racism or something else?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Is this reverse racism or something else?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

This sounds like a bunch of mental children being petulant over meaningless grievances and slights. It sounds like poor listening skills and comments taken out of context. It sounds like people acting in a rash manner because for whatever reason they are feeling exposed or defensive or insecure.

Sounds like most (not all, but well more than half of) conversations about race.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

I am only guessing but I think the more non-racists are accused of racism the more they will become racists. Most normal people can see that their freedoms are being altered in the name of make believe racism.
    It frustrates them ,,,so maby the next time All sharpton cries racism maby someone will crack him over the head with a bat. Then for sure that guy will be racist

Why is it non racists seldom cry racism.

Wasnt there a senator Byrd that was a KKK member ,,yet liberals loved him. mmmmm
    p

Most normal people can see that their freedoms are being altered in the name of make believe racism. Why is it non racists seldom cry racism
    Good stuff there Pete, but then I'm sure you are being "derisive".

Love how Obama is mocking before a crowd structured to laugh with him. Little does he realize a ever growing number of Americans don't like to be mocked in his ::being PC:: common tone.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

A couple of things strike me odd about this story.

1. Didnít the majority of students have to vote for her in order for her to win Homecoming Queen? If so, I would assume they saw pictures of her, and knew she was white before they voted for her. Iím sure there are some black students that donít like the fact that a white girl won Homecoming Queen at a traditionally black college, but thatís their problem. Obviously, the majority of the black students didnít have a problem with it.

2. How did everyone find out she sent a letter to Obama, and what the letter said? Did she leak it to other students and the press? How did the press get a copy of the letter (they were able to use quotes from it)? It kind of makes me wonder if she wasnít looking for a little publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    First, what does Al Sharpton have to do with what Kanye West did? Maybe Sharpton would have had something to say if a white singer had done that to a black singer, and maybe he wouldn't. Unless it happens, we will never know for sure. You are just making an assumption. For all you know, Al Sharpton may have disapproved of what West did as well.

I cannot speak for Kanye West's true intentions, and unless he reveals them, no one else can either. As far as I'm concerned, this was just an act of stupidity, and there is no reason to bring race into it.
    I think with the case the "Race Hustlers" have made against Rush, it no longer needs to have actually have happened!!

just sayin'......
    Stan b & Elvis

Good stuff there Pete, but then I'm sure you are being "derisive".
    Nancy,, If I only new what derisive means
    I'll go look it up ,,I promise

I often scratch my head with all the double standard stuff. Cant they hear themselves.
    Thats why I consider blatant hypocrocy and chronic finger pointing as some type of mental disorder. And then have a man in his position crying about the right wing opposing him day in and day out along with the evil fox network brainwashing viewers.
    I dont know, I get more disenfranchised with the going ons of our nations business more and more each day.
    The patients are in charge of the asylum.
    Lets hope the Myans were wrong and there will be someone else to put in office in 2013.

Pete