The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush and Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Seven View Post
    The NFL who is full of wife beaters, dog killers, murderers, bastered fathers and drug dealers is going to keep Limbaugh out ....... What a JOKE.

I bet if the 2 poverty pimps ..... Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson wanted to buy into a team, they'd be allowed. Do they not say controversial things ???

How about that discrace of a journalist Keith Oberlman ..... would he be allowed to buy in ????? Does he not say controversial things ?????

LIBERAL DOUBLE STANDARDS are play again ......

From hearing about this from a "couldn't care less" standpoint, it doesn't seem like any standards are being applied. Am I the only one reminded of Imus's nappy-head episode here?

It sounds like nobody did anything illegal, and no one is being forced into anything or denied anything. Someone may have said stupid things, and the market forces, whether they be consumers, sponsors, members of a team, etc...are putting their money where their mouth is and not supporting somethng they don't like. The NFL is a private corporation, that by its nature tends to be very public and community orientated, and has chosen not to affiliate with Mr. Limbaugh for whatever reason they, or their members choose.

I just said more than I said I would.....frankly, it doesn't affect me in the least bit, as does any sport, so I really don't give a FF. (not force-fetch)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    From hearing about this from a "couldn't care less" standpoint, it doesn't seem like any standards are being applied. Am I the only one reminded of Imus's nappy-head episode here?

It sounds like nobody did anything illegal, and no one is being forced into anything or denied anything. Someone may have said stupid things, and the market forces, whether they be consumers, sponsors, members of a team, etc...are putting their money where their mouth is and not supporting somethng they don't like. The NFL is a private corporation, that by its nature tends to be very public and community orientated, and has chosen not to affiliate with Mr. Limbaugh for whatever reason they, or their members choose.

I just said more than I said I would.....frankly, it doesn't affect me in the least bit, as does any sport, so I really don't give a FF. (not force-fetch)
    So you would say the same things if some high end golf clubs went back to keeping blacks out ..... right ??? They are private and can also choose to affiliate with whoever they want too ...... right ????
    Last edited by Lucky Seven; 10-15-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    It was not the players choice. It was the spinless owners who likely dont want folks looking in their closets.
    Spineless owners? They don't owe Rush a thing. Why would they risk one nickel on his behalf?

I find it laughable that anyone can with a straight face claim that Rush isn't a racist. If he isn't, he does a darn good job of imitating one.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Buzz.....he might say some racially sensitive things....sensitive to folks that cry racist over the the simplest things, when in reality they are not.

You have no proof positive of Limbaughs character. What's laughable, actually sad is a better word, is that someone like you would go down that road.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    Buzz.....he might say some racially sensitive things....sensitive to folks that cry racist over the the simplest things, when in reality they are not.

You have no proof positive of Limbaughs character. What's laughable, actually sad is a better word, is that someone like you would go down that road.
    I don't really think you have to be that sensitive to think Rush is a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    It was not the players choice. It was the spinless owners who likely dont want folks looking in their closets.
    You can bet the owners took their that into consideration. They lose money if some of their top player won't play and the fans don't attend. The owners could probably care less one way or another about Rush Limbaugh (maybe some do), but they do care about the money. Rush is bad for business, so he's out.

So you would say the same things if some high end golf clubs went back to keeping blacks out ..... right ??? They are private and can also choose to affiliate with whoever they want too ...... right ????
    Buzz? Blackstone? DNF? My bet is on the crickets.

FWIW, I find nothing wrong with country clubs who won't let blacks in, Black Panthers who won't let whites in, Nation of Islam who won't let Jews in, Masonic lodges who won't let women in, sororities who won't let men in, or the NFL who won't let Rush in. It's called freedom of association.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Right. It may not be moral, and we may not agree with it, but a private club is a private club.

If a golf club chose not to admit minorities, and the paying members or sponsors were outraged and dropped their membership, the club goes under. Same thing here. No laws are broken, people have just spoken with their wallets. Just like Imus. Wonder if he's called Rush to welcome him to the club?

What'dya bet Hew? You lose. Not only did you lose your bet, even worse, you have me agreeing with you!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post

They don't need proof positive. What's in his heart and what he says may be two different things, but who knows.

I grew up in Detroit. My dad was a fire fighter in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city. He was a block away from the start of the 1967 riots. I worked in the inner city for about 5 years, it wasn't pretty. I have seen some things that would keep you up at night. I can tell ya, my dad was racist. All his friends on the department were racist. I was raised racist and was racist for almost half my life. Growing up in a tough city like Detroit that has serious race issues, I can understand those feelings. But I can't understand a guy like Rush fanning the flames.
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-15-2009 at 01:44 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

When you consider some of the chumps who are owners in the NFL,Al Davis, Bill Bidwell, The Irsay jerks, Rush would be a great improvement .
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!