The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush and Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    If a race bating hate merchant like Jesse Jackson wanted in on the team-buying, what do you think it would take to deny him a spot in the ownership? Try to be honest

Evan
    If the NFL and owners felt Jesse Jackson would be a liability, he would be out too. But, regardless of how you feel about what Jesse Jackson says, it does not excuse, or make acceptable, what Rush Limbaugh says. He is offensive to many people, and the owners don't want him negatively impacting their business.

It depends on who you are as to how many it takes.
    If you are a racist in your heart, one comment is enough. So, does it take more racist comments from Rush Limbaugh before you see him as a racist than it does for Jesse Jackson?

If a race bating hate merchant like Jesse Jackson wanted in on the team-buying, what do you think it would take to deny him a spot in the ownership? Try to be honest.

It depends on who you are as to how many it takes.

Evan
    Evan,
    I doubt a well-run organization like the NFL would want polarizing, divisive personalities in such a leadership position from EITHER side of the political spectrum. (racism aside, Jesse and Rush are polar ends of a spectrum)

Besides, what makes you think Jesse would want to own a team? It actually takes work to manage a franchise!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I would say it's easier not to be racist if you don't have to interact on a daily basis with the worst that society has to offer. Where I grew up, I got to meet some really really bad people. I actually started to change when I went to college and met lots of responsible people of other races.
    Isn't that pretty much what I said? When you lived and worked around black people you were a racist. Once you didn't live and work around black people you were miraculously cured of your inherent racism. So you like black folks just fine...just as long as they're either college educated or don't live near you.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    If the NFL and owners felt Jesse Jackson would be a liability, he would be out too.
    In your dreams! You let the NFL, or anyone else openly deny Jesse, or any others of his stripes what they want and you’ll see a boycott of epic proportions. The NFL would welcome that snake, and for no other reason than fear of racial ramifications. Racist? One of the all time biggest. But he’s black, and there is a different standard for that, no matter how many times his words and his actions confess it.
    But, regardless of how you feel about what Jesse Jackson says, it does not excuse, or make acceptable, what Rush Limbaugh says.
    Way to miss the point. Rush has been presumed guilty and publicly sentenced, and guys like Jesse, Al, and those who fear their influence have carried their water. Whether he’s guilty or not is secondary to the tide of reverse racism aimed at him.
    He is offensive to many people, and the owners don't want him negatively impacting their business.
    Yes, and many of those who are offended can’t provide you with factual evidence of why they find him offensive, except to parrot what their favorite talking heads have told them. Again, it doesn’t matter if it’s true.
    If you are a racist in your heart, one comment is enough. So, does it take more racist comments from Rush Limbaugh before you see him as a racist than it does for Jesse Jackson?
    I had no idea you and Rush were so close. You actually know his heart, do you? If your dog pops once on a blind, do you arbitrarily fry him, even if it’s only once, rather than a repeated error? This feeding frenzy is sickening, and is remarkably un-American.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

The Detroit Metro area is one of the most racially polarized communities you will ever find. Actually, a lack of interaction between races there probably contributes more to racist attitudes than interaction does. Exactly. Which makes me wonder how a self-proclaimed former racist who now lives in a town with less than one half of one percent black people can not only claim to be free of racism, but somehow feel so completely cured that they've got the cojones to freely call others racist.
    ----------------
    By the way, what fishbelly-white town did you white-flight to, Blackstone?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Evan,
    I doubt a well-run organization like the NFL would want polarizing, divisive personalities in such a leadership position from EITHER side of the political spectrum. (racism aside, Jesse and Rush are polar ends of a spectrum)

Besides, what makes you think Jesse would want to own a team? It actually takes work to manage a franchise!
    I hear what you're saying, buddy. The real problem is that, while it's easy to see why the NFL, or any such organization wouldn't want someone like Jesse as an owner, they would have a much bigger problem keeping him out purely because of his race, and the fact that he has influence with an overwhelmingly left wing press.

Actually, I think Jesse and Rush may very well be polar ends of the same spectrum. But tell me this; do you honestly think that if Rush Limbaugh were to become a part owner of an NFL team that he would be the only racist among all NFL team owners? Of course he wouldn't - not by a long shot. This isn't strictly about that. What I'm saying is that even if all the accusations were true about his racial divisveness, it's not the reason for his exclusion. It's just the excuse his political enemies in the media need to pull it off.

That's the part I hate about this. I don't mind that he isn't going to be an owner, or even that it's brought his racial opinions to light. It's that, in a free society, all you have to do is be on the wrong side of the political spectrum among the American media masses, and a tide of opposition automatically washes over anything you publicly attempt. He'll be fine. I don't worry for him. It's America, and its core principles a fear for.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

― George Bernard Shaw

Banned

Rush was not buying into the team just to be an owner, he wanted a new drug connection.

My 2 cents. I think Rush is a hate monger in every respect and enjoys that role because of the money it makes him. If I were owner of an NFL franchise, I would have no interest in inviting him to join me since the controversy surrounding him would affect the entire sport and, I believe, reduce the value of my own property. It's a private business enterprise with no right to ownership. Given that, I would vote to protect my own interests by keeping him out. It would be my right as a capitalist.

BTW, I would vote the same way if Al Sharpton wanted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Rush was not buying into the team just to be an owner, he wanted a new drug connection.
    You're sure you aren't being too intellectual about this, Roger?

Evan

― George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    My 2 cents. I think Rush is a hate monger in every respect and enjoys that role because of the money it makes him. If I were owner of an NFL franchise, I would have no interest in inviting him to join me since the controversy surrounding him would affect the entire sport and, I believe, reduce the value of my own property. It's a private business enterprise with no right to ownership. Given that, I would vote to protect my own interests by keeping him out. It would be my right as a capitalist.

BTW, I would vote the same way if Al Sharpton wanted in.
    Jeff,

I would have no trouble supporting your position, if such were the case. It is your right, and their right. But just let them try to apply that right equally to one such as Al Sharpton, or any of his ilk. You know, don't you? You know it's a different set of rules for those creeps...don't you? Different than for Rush, different for you or for me than for nearly any prominent public black person, purely because of the fear of racial ramifications. Just for that reason, the NFL, and other such organizations operate under unique pressure to apply the standards differently, don't you think?

Evan

― George Bernard Shaw