The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush and Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    But tell me this; do you honestly think that if Rush Limbaugh were to become a part owner of an NFL team that he would be the only racist among all NFL team owners? Of course he wouldn't - not by a long shot.
    Evan
    Don't you mean "not by a long Schott".....as in Marge Schott? Not sure if the pun was intended.

From Wiki:

Margaret Unnewehr Schott (August 18, 1928 – March 2, 2004) was the former managing general partner, president and CEO of the National League's Cincinnati Reds franchise from 1984 to 1999. She was the first woman to buy a baseball team rather than inheriting it. [1] She is perhaps most well known for her controversial behavior during her tenure as owner of the Reds, which included slurs towards African-Americans, Jews, the Japanese and gays. She was banned from managing the team by the MLB from 1996 through 1998 due to a series of statements sympathizing with Nazi party leader Adolf Hitler; shortly afterwards, she sold the majority of her share in the team.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I could care less if Rush were ever a minority owner in the NFL.

Having run the sales operation for one of our nations largest African American radio stations for a publicly owned company, I can tell you that there is much more racism in the black community than in the white. Blacks are allowed to say things without consequences that a non-black would have to be fired for.

In the late 90's we had to merge a Country music station into the same offices as a Hip Hop station. The blacks would openly say how stupid country music is and thier fans, calling them everything from white trash to rednecks. Corporate would only allow us to issue them a memo. Yet, if a white person made any critical comments of black music or thier listeners, we had to deal with Discrimination law suits filed by black attorneys against the white devil corporation!

Eventually, all the country staff quit because thier private vehicles were being keyed, ugly comments written in the bathrooms and physical threats of violence. The country station eventually had to syndicate all the shows as we couldn't get people to work in the same building.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-15-2009 at 05:24 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Franco,
    That is really sad. When in the army, I ran a small satellite clinic out in the woods of Ft. Polk. We had about 30 personel, both military and contractors. When I got there, there was some similar strife, but as the military personel turned over, the new ones were brought in under a more friendly attitude. We started having Friday fish frys, where the black retired E9 and I ran the fryers, and everyone else brought potlucks.
    We became a tight-knit group who looked out for each other. It was amazing how people can get along, with just a little effort at the outset. Those days became great memories.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    They don't need proof positive. What's in his heart and what he says may be two different things, but who knows.

I grew up in Detroit. My dad was a fire fighter in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city. He was a block away from the start of the 1967 riots. I worked in the inner city for about 5 years, it wasn't pretty. I have seen some things that would keep you up at night. I can tell ya, my dad was racist. All his friends on the department were racist. I was raised racist and was racist for almost half my life. Growing up in a tough city like Detroit that has serious race issues, I can understand those feelings. But I can't understand a guy like Rush fanning the flames.

Finally we have the reason someone living in Sodak can be such a laughing stock...it was my Daddy's fault!

Rush has two members of his staff that are black, and last I heard they get along quite famously.

How many black folks do you employ, Buzz???

Your accusations are so asinine they shouldn't even be commented on. But I'll be happy to submit your name, along with Roger's, so you won't be left out of the lawsuit Rush is in the process of developing.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Finally we have the reason someone living in Sodak can be such a laughing stock...it was my Daddy's fault!

Rush has two members of his staff that are black, and last I heard they get along quite famously.

How many black folks do you employ, Buzz???

Your accusations are so asinine they shouldn't even be commented on. But I'll be happy to submit your name, along with Roger's, so you won't be left out of the lawsuit Rush is in the process of developing.

UB
    You can do whatever you want. I frankly don't give a $hit.

I didn't blame anything on my dad. And as far as I'm concerned, he's a hero. He was racist, but when he showed up at a fire he risked his life to run into those fires and drag people out regardless of what color they were. He pried them out of totaled vehicles and hauled them to the hospital. He picked them up off the street after they'd been shot or stabbed, stabilized them, and hauled them to the ER (or respectfully zipped them into a body bag). He tried to save what he could of their houses and businesses while getting shot at during the 1967 riots. And he suffered and cried for them when he couldn't save them. And he cried for his friends who died trying to help.

I wish the Drugster lots of luck with his lawsuit. He already showed what money and fame will buy when he dodged doing jail time for his exploits with oxycontin.
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-15-2009 at 05:57 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Don't you mean "not by a long Schott".....as in Marge Schott? Not sure if the pun was intended.
    It was...you know it was!

I understand what you're saying. But it should be...must be noted that Marge Schott is white. Maybe they could pull it off. Maybe they could actually remain free to choose to impose the standard equally if it were a prominent black buyer/candidate. They should be able to. I just very sincerely doubt it.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Franco,
    That is really sad. When in the army, I ran a small satellite clinic out in the woods of Ft. Polk. We had about 30 personel, both military and contractors. When I got there, there was some similar strife, but as the military personel turned over, the new ones were brought in under a more friendly attitude. We started having Friday fish frys, where the black retired E9 and I ran the fryers, and everyone else brought potlucks.
    We became a tight-knit group who looked out for each other. It was amazing how people can get along, with just a little effort at the outset. Those days became great memories.

I knew from the onset that merging too totally different cultures into one office complex wouldn't work. Country Music Radio is an established family music format and Hip Hop is a mindless, beat driven format. See Kanye West insulting Taylor Swift at the MTV Awards last month. Many white people will listen to black music but it is very, very rare to find a black person that will listen to white music. Then, there is the, "you owe use" mentality that runs rampant in the Hip Hop culture. I actually think blacks have regressed due to thier music, than progressed with all the social welfare programs, free medicine and affirmative action. Many just don't know how or want to leave the plantation.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-15-2009 at 06:06 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Evan,
    I doubt a well-run organization like the NFL would want polarizing, divisive personalities in such a leadership position from EITHER side of the political spectrum. (racism aside, Jesse and Rush are polar ends of a spectrum)

Besides, what makes you think Jesse would want to own a team? It actually takes work to manage a franchise!
    then how do you explain the owner of my team the COWBOYS....they dont come any more southern good old boy than Jere'...and look at all the felons..err..misguided youths that he has hired...Tank,Pacman, heck he would have hired Vick if the eagles hadnt beat him to it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    Will basically be impossible for him to win a libel/slander case since he is a public figure. Public figures have an assumed risk of being libeled or slandered against and you have to prove huge damages to be able to win a case. He won't win, I predict
    Agree tough to win but the "amount" of damages really has little to do with it. The public figure must prove that the statement was made with "actual malice". i.e the person making the statement knew the statement to be false, or issued the statement with reckless disregard as to its truth.
    Tom Dorroh

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    When the courts get done with the bloviators who attribute the phony quotes to Rush I hope they award tons of damages for the libel or slander(I am not a lawyer, Deo Gratia). It is sickening the way the govt run media seeks to distort the truth about Conservatives.
    Any philandering drug addict who can get BobG to think the lawyers and courts would be justified in working to get him a huge settlement must have something going for him!!

Tort reform my A$$..... GO RUSH!!