The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Synovi G3 Supplement

Default Synovi G3 Supplement

I have purchased this in the past for my dogs. Received an email today from the supplier I have purchased this product from advising me that it has been discountinued by the Manufacturer and that FDA shut the facility down because it failed inspections. I don't know any more details but doesn't sound very good. Hope the product itself wasn't bad. The supplier is recommending Joint Max Soft Chews in replacement of these. Also that there are limited supplies of Synovi G 3 remaininig- can't imagine buying it now knowing they were basically shut down by FDA. My dogs did do well on product.

Anyone with experience regarding the Joint Max Soft Chews? If you are still using Synovi G3 may want to look into this further before giving it to your dogs. The email didn't say quit using it just that it was being discontinued and FDA shut down the facility.

Gene

I got the same email. We no longer give it to the dog.
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

Some time ago a friend gave me a bottle of Cosequin when her old dog died. I had been using all different sorts of glucosamine/chodroitn products but not entirely satisfied with them. So, when I got this free bottle I tried it. I don't know what is different with this product but the popping joints in 2 of my older dogs has stopped. They are running and jumping like youngsters again. For me the extra cost has been worth it. They are now on a maintenance dose of 1 tab a day.
    Darlene
    Goldust Labs

I use Joint Max TS. I really like the ingredients. I give one tablet with each meal. They used to have a deal where you buy so many and they give you some Joint Max treats for free.
    Tommy

HR Duke of Kingsridge
    HR King's Ridge Diablo of Tallgrass

I received the same email today on the Synovi G3 Supplement. Have been giving this to our labs for over 3yrs. Our dogs seem just fine. I would like to know why the FDA pulled the plug on the product. I have emailed the supplier I purchase the SynG3 from to find out if we can return the product for full refund. Will update post with my findings.

Jackie Powell
    Cedar Creek's Calumets Bear
    Cedar Creek's Nick of Time Ruby
    Last edited by labhunters; 10-15-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: forgot to post my name

I have just ordered Synovi G3 Softchews and it should be delivered 10/16/09. Mine is coming from Heathy Pets.com. About 54.00 and 59.00 with the shipping.
    <--- Dooey, MH
    MHR Duckmates Fly Guy MH 05/17/94 - 07/17/08 "Flyboy"
    Candlewood Court Magician JH 1/31/02 - 8/2/12 "Magic Man"

Richard

http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/sep09/090915s.asp

Failure to comply with good manufacturing practices, quality control.
    I have used Synovi G3, Joint Max, and now Phycox. I like Phycox the best of the three.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Labhunters you can sell yours to lablover apparently lablover is still going to use synovi g3.

What is Phycox and where do you buy it? Is it tablet, liquid, or chewable? Price?

I have to give my old gal an injection of Cosequin every 5 days. Would sure like to have something more that will help her. She is 12 and really weak in her hips. She had good hips but she has lost most of her muscle tone and just getting weaker slowly.

Gene

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

My equine vet has been raving about this product. He said the small animal vet in their practice is also recommending it for their canine patients.

CETYL M The revolutionary joint action formula for superior joint relief and performance. Advanced Cetyl MŽ Joint Action Formula is a proprietary blend of uniquely balanced ingredients, carefully designed for greater relief from painful joints, faster recovery times and superior performance in young and old animals alike. Advanced Cetyl MŽ Joint Action Formula is available in two special formulations-one for horses and one for dogs. Visit us on the web http://www.cetylm.com , or call us at (877) 266-9757 to learn more.
    I haven't tried it on either my dogs or my horses so I can't give a first hand review.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    What is Phycox and where do you buy it? Is it tablet, liquid, or chewable? Price?

Gene
    Evidently it is out of stock and backordered many places.
    It's a chew.
    http://www.medi-vet.com/prod-PhyCox_...hews-3599.aspx?
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam