The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perry v. Hutchinson

Default Perry v. Hutchinson

Wow, this is gonna be good! I used to love following Texas politics, and this will certainly re-kindle. Last time I recall a battle of the sexes, it was Ann Richards verses Clayton Wheat Williams! It was close until a Wheat rally was rained out, and he was caught on open mike saying "rain is like rape, if you can't avoid it, might as well lay back and enjoy it." Gov. Richards was elected not long after.

Strange as it may sound, the media and other republicans seemed to be more outraged by his lack of gentlemanship when she extended her hand to him, and rather than shake hands, he turned and walked away.

It will be interesting to see if Kay Bailey uses Rick Perry's secession statements against him in the campaign?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Perry has done a relatively decent job as governor...pretty popular with the folks.

Hutchinson is a wealthy done-nothing but vote the party line Senator. But she is big in the Texas RP. For all her time in the senate, I can't recall her ever sponsoring any major legislation.

I'm with a lot of folks....Hutchinson has done nothing to deserve the governorship and Perry has done nothing to really lose it.

If the campaign runs true to form, Hutchinson will nitpick on in-consequential items and offer nothing substantial of her own.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Kinky Friedman is my man.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

KBH and Rick Perry are both what is wrong in American politics...KBH is long time US Senator that now decides she wants to the Governor and live in State instead of DC. Rick Perry is taking advantage of the fact that he was made Gov. due to GWB becoming President, so he actually gets a shot at almost 2 1/2 terms....both are career politicians and need a retirement
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Kinky Friedman is my man.
    There's a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    There's a surprise.
    Here's Kinky's website:

http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Wow, this is gonna be good! I used to love following Texas politics, and this will certainly re-kindle. Last time I recall a battle of the sexes, it was Ann Richards verses Clayton Wheat Williams! It was close until a Wheat rally was rained out, and he was caught on open mike saying "rain is like rape, if you can't avoid it, might as well lay back and enjoy it." Gov. Richards was elected not long after.

Strange as it may sound, the media and other republicans seemed to be more outraged by his lack of gentlemanship when she extended her hand to him, and rather than shake hands, he turned and walked away.

It will be interesting to see if Kay Bailey uses Rick Perry's secession statements against him in the campaign?
    I wouldn't worry about Kay Bailey using Perry's secession statements against him. Secession is more popular down here than you think and she wouldn't gain any traction with it. AMF to USA is what I say. I'm sure you recognize that.

Richards schooled Blatant Millions but without the stupid rape comment and his refusal to shake her hand he wins that race...no doubt.

Our Dear Leader is visiting Shrub's dad down in College Station today for some sort of volunteerism conference at his library. That should be interesting. Obama's not real popular in our state and H.W. has been pleading with everybody to be civil and courteous to our Dear Leader. Wish I could be down there for the fireworks and help organize the community against all of the fraud in government and the spending this President desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Our Dear Leader is visiting Shrub's dad down in College Station today for some sort of volunteerism conference at his library. That should be interesting. Obama's not real popular in our state and H.W. has been pleading with everybody to be civil and courteous to our Dear Leader. Wish I could be down there for the fireworks and help organize the community against all of the fraud in government and the spending this President desires.
    Mr. H.W. Bush represents an endangered species. A statesman and a gentleman. And that's coming from someone who disagreed with much of his policies. He put his neck on the line during WWII, and did it again during his presidency by raising taxes. He only survived once. He has worked with his successor towards noble causes, and now with an unpopular president in his neck of the woods. He is what this country needs more of, no matter what letters are behind one's name.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I'll second that.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Mr. H.W. Bush represents an endangered species. A statesman and a gentleman. And that's coming from someone who disagreed with much of his policies. He put his neck on the line during WWII, and did it again during his presidency by raising taxes. He only survived once. He has worked with his successor towards noble causes, and now with an unpopular president in his neck of the woods. He is what this country needs more of, no matter what letters are behind one's name.
    What has GB done not to earn the same respect. This should be good
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth