The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush era continues to haunt political scene

Banned

Default Bush era continues to haunt political scene

For Republicans looking forward to the first Bush-free election in a decade, the book publishing schedule is the bearer of bad news: Between New Year’s Day and next November, as many as five Bush administration officials — including the former president himself — will rehash history in hardback.

The literary luge ride down memory lane shoves off with a return to the economic collapse via former Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson’s “On the Brink: Inside the Race to Stop the Collapse of the Global Financial System,” due out from Business Plus in January.

Former first lady Laura Bush’s White House memoir tees up next, expected from Scribner in the spring.

Former President George W. Bush’s own book, tentatively titled “Decision Points,” will follow in the fall from Random House’s Crown Publishing and will recount a dozen pivotal choices Bush faced and how he made them — a trip back to the days of “the decider” that’s bound to spark talk of what it omits as much as what it contains.

A candid chronicle from former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld — who told The AP that his Iraq war years would “certainly” be covered in his manuscript — is also expected to hit the shelves in the autumn, published by Penguin’s Sentinel imprint.

And onetime White House chief strategist Karl Rove’s book is also reportedly due out in 2010, although his publisher, Threshold Editions, a conservative imprint of Simon & Schuster headed by Republican strategist Mary Matalin, would not confirm that date.

Nor would Threshold Editions confirm the widely reported 2011 release date for former Vice President Dick Cheney’s memoir, which promises to be the most controversial of the lot — and Matalin could not be reached for comment on whether the decision to release the book after the midterm elections was a strategic one.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28261.html

haunt??????

A left wing canard.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I didn't even need to look to see who started this thread.....

Folks in the BHO administration are missing their opportunity to change the monetary/banking policies that they vilified Bush 43 for. It won't be long before we have another crash...one that can't be blamed on Bush 43...

Hurry up 2010 and 2012....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Mr. W. Bush write a book? I'm not even going there......
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Yah, a guy that could pass the rigorous qualification to become a fighter pilot, I doubt he could ever write a book.

Not to worry though, he has a wife that is an educator. If he needs help with his spelling and such, he could just ask her.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Yah, a guy that could pass the rigorous qualification to become a fighter pilot, I doubt he could ever write a book.

Not to worry though, he has a wife that is an educator. If he needs help with his spelling and such, he could just ask her.
    W's book is going to be about all the bushisms. Should be close to 1,000 pages long.

Here are a few excerps:

"One of the very difficult parts of the decision I made on the financial crisis was to use hardworking people's money to help prevent there to be a crisis."—Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

"So I analyzed that and decided I didn't want to be the president during a depression greater than the Great Depression, or the beginning of a depression greater than the Great Depression."—Washington D.C., Dec. 18, 2008
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 10-17-2009 at 09:21 AM.

Yup, I imagine that flying a fighter would be a good jumping off point for just about anything.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

We don't know if he could pass the physicals since he didn't bother to show up!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yup, I imagine that flying a fighter would be a good jumping off point for just about anything.
    Especially, when taking the left wing talking point on intelligence and giving it no merit, if nothing else.

I expect that must be just like being stung for a lefty when trying to posit that President George W. Bush isn't all that bright. It was really great when during the election when the left tried to posit that kerry was the smarter of the two and President George W. Bush had the better overall college transcripts.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

President George W. Bush
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]