The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bush era continues to haunt political scene

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Especially, when taking the left wing talking point on intelligence and giving it no merit, if nothing else.

I expect that must be just like being stung for a lefty when trying to posit that President George W. Bush isn't all that bright. It was really great when during the election when the left tried to posit that kerry was the smarter of the two and President George W. Bush had the better overall college transcripts.
    If you're going to insist on proper etiquette, might as well refer to 'kerry' as Mr. Kerry, or Senator Kerry, just to be consistent and show you're sincere. But for the record, it is acceptable to refer to the president as "Mr. President, Mr. [Name], or Pres. [Name]". There is nothing disrespectful of "Mr. Bush." I haven't seen you correct the monikers of "osama", or "obongo", or maybe it's ok to disrespect a democratic president?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

wow we have come a long way on this board , we are all the way back to who had the better grades John Kerry or GW Bush...I didnt know that was going to be on the test..Some of you on here just cant seem to let go of the past....bet you hold grudges against the first gal that turned down an invitation for a date,or the kid that shoved you in a school locker..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    If you're going to insist on proper etiquette, might as well refer to 'kerry' as Mr. Kerry, or Senator Kerry, just to be consistent and show you're sincere. But for the record, it is acceptable to refer to the president as "Mr. President, Mr. [Name], or Pres. [Name]". There is nothing disrespectful of "Mr. Bush." I haven't seen you correct the monikers of "osama", or "obongo", or maybe it's ok to disrespect a democratic president?
    I am not correcting anyone. I don't insist on proper etiquette from anyone. I hope they bring it to the table, but far be it for me to insist on anything. I am just, in this case, giving President George W. Bush some respect. In doing that, I happen to know that those on the left, like you, are incensed by it, which is good enough for me.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    wow we have come a long way on this board , we are all the way back to who had the better grades John Kerry or GW Bush...I didnt know that was going to be on the test..Some of you on here just cant seem to let go of the past....bet you hold grudges against the first gal that turned down an invitation for a date,or the kid that shoved you in a school locker..

Or the 1st snipe hunt
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I am not correcting anyone. I don't insist on proper etiquette from anyone. I hope they bring it to the table, but far be it for me to insist on anything. I am just, in this case, giving President George W. Bush some respect. In doing that, I happen to know that those on the left, like you, are incensed by it, which is good enough for me.
    Please show me where I've not referred to any POTUS in other than proper form. I show that much respect. When you refer to "they bring it to the table", is that also applicable to those who refer to Obama as "osama" or "obongo"? Proper etiquette applies to both parties, does it not?

And while some of my views are liberal, many are conservative. I guess when you're up against the wall right, everything appears left.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Please show me where I've not referred to any POTUS in other than proper form. I show that much respect. When you refer to "they bring it to the table", is that also applicable to those who refer to Obama as "osama" or "obongo"? Proper etiquette applies to both parties, does it not?...

See previous post…

Since it might not have been clear the first time, I will repost my position:

This might not include you, but it clearly is aimed at those on the left. While you may be left, you may have respect for President George W. Bush. I will watch for it in the future to see how you convey that respect.

BTW, the posting of President George W. Bush in bold/large form text is just as I said:

…in this case, giving President George W. Bush some respect.

As far as the obongo/osama issue, I don’t really care how anyone else views him.

My position on liberal politicians: I believe they are a danger to the nation and are not worthy, at least from my point of view, of the respect of capitalizing their last name or adding their title. I don’t name call, unless you consider “left wing radical extremist (or some variation)” name calling. If you do, I am guilty.

Your mileage may vary…

…And while some of my views are liberal, many are conservative. I guess when you're up against the wall right, everything appears left.

If you say so, I have no problem with where you think or believe I am on the political spectrum.
    Last edited by subroc; 10-16-2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added bold comment
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

BUMMFACE is a communist and is out to destroy everything this country stands for. He will never get any respect from me!!!!
    HE can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    BUMMFACE is a communist and is out to destroy everything this country stands for. He will never get any respect from me!!!!
    HE can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned!!!!!!
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'll still refer to him as George W. Bush, if that's ok with you.

So Roger,

I have met you at a couple of trials and you seem to be an OK guy while you sit and watch your pro run your dogs.

Please tell me why you are so obsessed with making those with conservative views such as Rush, GW, and far more we will soon be discussing as your sworn enemies?

Obviously you have accumulated some wealth over the years before you retired or your dogs would not be in the hands of a pro with depth in her resume
    Did make it in a free market system as the origionator of an innovative business, inherit from wealthy parents, a union employee, or as an attorney working for a lobby. I bet your answer will be none of the above, but I bet it will be interesting.

Please fill in the details. You can do it by PM if you would like, this is not intended to be a flame thrower post

Really would like to know, cause I am having trouble trying to figure out why a successful person like yourself would not be in favor of a free market system.

Won't get to see you up in Jax next weeekend but good luck!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mike D View Post
    So Roger,

I have met you at a couple of trials and you seem to be an OK guy while you sit and watch your pro run your dogs.

Please tell me why you are so obsessed with making those with conservative views such as Rush, GW, and far more we will soon be discussing as your sworn enemies?

Obviously you have accumulated some wealth over the years before you retired or your dogs would not be in the hands of a pro with depth in her resume
    Did make it in a free market system as the origionator of an innovative business, inherit from wealthy parents, a union employee, or as an attorney working for a lobby. I bet your answer will be none of the above, but I bet it will be interesting.

Please fill in the details. You can do it by PM if you would like, this is not intended to be a flame thrower post

Really would like to know, cause I am having trouble trying to figure out why a successful person like yourself would not be in favor of a free market system.

Won't get to see you up in Jax next weeekend but good luck!

Mike
    I bet he's the kind of guy who mooches off a sugar mama...
    ________
    Paxil settlement info
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:15 PM.