The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new deficit record!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777;Hey, I knew a guy who swept floors at the Pentagon, does that make me an expert privvy to the inner workings of the CIA[/B
    ? I used to hunt on Ft. Bliss and could see Patriot missiles, maybe I should start a consulting firm based on my knowledge?

Don't believe everything you read on the web regards....including this.
    Dave
    actually it probably does considering how the press "leaks" just about everything else coming out of Langley....Sorry but i'm going to have to give you a pass on the patriot missle deal...Go stay at a Holiday Inn first...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

[quote=dnf777;513187}
    Mars expedition talk? Moon revisit? Do we even need to mention those?[/quote]

This is one area of spending that I fully support.The more I see and learn about it,the more I support it.I suppose we could just drop out of manned space flight and leave it to the rest of the world to pass us up and we could use the money we save to pay Russia for a ride now and then.I'm looking forward to the Ares 1X launch this month.This to me is far better use of our tax dollars than "cash for clunkers",bailouts,stimulus waste,government healthcare,etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob View Post
    This is one area of spending that I fully support.The more I see and learn about it,the more I support it.I suppose we could just drop out of manned space flight and leave it to the rest of the world to pass us up and we could use the money we save to pay Russia for a ride now and then.I'm looking forward to the Ares 1X launch this month.This to me is far better use of our tax dollars than "cash for clunkers",bailouts,stimulus waste,government healthcare,etc...
    Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone. We could put retired and elderly folks on a rocket and shoot them to Mars. Space exploration and care for the elderly all in one, and cut out funding for medicare and SS.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone. We could put retired and elderly folks on a rocket and shoot them to Mars. Space exploration and care for the elderly all in one, and cut out funding for medicare and SS.
    Now you're talkin'. Not a bad idea.I can think of a few polititians that should go up first.The only problem I have with your idea is that I hope to be elderly at some point and I'm not ready to go yet.There will be no retired people though.We will all be working to our deaths to pay all the taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob View Post
    Now you're talkin'. Not a bad idea.I can think of a few polititians that should go up first.The only problem I have with your idea is that I hope to be elderly at some point and I'm not ready to go yet.There will be no retired people though.We will all be working to our deaths to pay all the taxes.
    Heck no! The best way to eliminate the deficit and pay off the national debt is to eliminate taxes altogether! Except on poor people who deserve them.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Don't believe everything you read on the web regards....including this.
    Right. There is reams of information attesting to the fact that NASA and the military are distinctly different and autonomous entitites...each tasked with separate and different space-related responsibilities, separate budgets, separate leadership, and are often deeply competitive with each other for resourses. Yet we should discount all that info and believe your hunch...you know, the guy with the same factual accuracy batting record as Baghdad Bob (you've both got a ways to go to even get a peek at the Mendoza Line).
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Right. There is reams of information attesting to the fact that NASA and the military are distinctly different and autonomous entitites...each tasked with separate and different space-related responsibilities, separate budgets, separate leadership, and are often deeply competitive with each other for resourses. Yet we should discount all that info and believe your hunch...you know, the guy with the same factual accuracy batting record as Baghdad Bob (you've both got a ways to go to even get a peek at the Mendoza Line).
    No Hew, we should trust a guy who has seen the launch pads, and shoots ducks with guys that work in the building! Ever watch CSI ? You should apply for a job as director of the FBI!

http://partners.nytimes.com/library/...-atlantis.html

http://www.space.com/news/navy_nasa_020412.html

You're so quick to pick a fight over anything. I merely stated in response to someone's comment on NASA that the reason they continue to get funding is they are likely putting military missions into space, such as satellites and GPS technology. That was my hunch...nothing more. You don't need to do anything. But hey, I'll bet you have a garmin, which makes you an expert on GPS satellite missions of NASA. No argument from me!

Dave

We're on the Titanic and the iceberg's been spotted. We could probably avoid a direct hit but we won't. Captain Obama's steering the boat towards the ice (this is what he meant by change) and we won't elect fiscal conservatives.

I've read several articles recently suggesting that social security will actually start running deficits next year...6 or 7 years before it was anticipated. No big deal, right? Let's just float some more debt.

The coming funding crisis this country is about to experience will be catastrophic and nobody will be spared. The 30's will look like a stroll around the park.

We live in Cuba now.

You're so quick to pick a fight over anything. I merely stated in response to someone's comment on NASA that the reason they continue to get funding is they are likely putting military missions into space, such as satellites and GPS technology. That was my hunch...nothing more. You don't need to do anything. But hey, I'll bet you have a garmin, which makes you an expert on GPS satellite missions of NASA. No argument from me!
    Right. And I quite politely told you your hunch was wrong. Instead of looking into it (your timely 1985 article notwithstanding ) and admitting to yourself that you were mistaken, you double down on your uneducated hunch with more buffoonery about NASA being a stooge of the military.

BTW, the GPS satelite system you've attributed to NASA and mentioned numerous times in this thread...the GPS system is run by the US Air Force, using US Air Force satellites that were released from US Air Force rockets that were launched from US Air Force launch pads.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

And I'll politely tell you that hunting within visual range of the launch pads (at NASA's Cape Canaveral) and shooting ducks with some guys that work at NASA makes your hunches no more valid than mine. Since I was referring to a period since the first shuttle launch and possibly before, the 1985 and other article is quite timely. But you resort to your typical M.O., which is to discredit anything you don't agree with.

You and Ms. Palin are very similar. One can see Russia, one can see NASA....and you both think that qualifies you as experts!

Go ahead and take the last shot....I've wasted way too much energy on a passing comment