Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elder Bush: Olbermann, Maddow are 'sick puppies'

Banned

Default Elder Bush: Olbermann, Maddow are 'sick puppies'

Elder Bush: Olbermann, Maddow are 'sick puppies'

October 17, 2009 - 6:26am

Former President George H.W. Bush says MSNBC entertainers Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow are "sick puppies" for the way they treat his son -- former President George W. Bush -- and other who don't agree with him.
    The elder Bush, in an interview with CBS News, singled out the two liberal talk show hosts as examples of what he called an increasing lack of civility in politics.
    "I don't like it," Bush said of the coarse tone of national debate. "The cables have a lot to do with it. It's not just the right. There are plenty of people on the left."
    Maddow and Olbermann anchor MSNBC's nightly dishing of liberal opinion and often single out George W. Bush for harsh commentary and treatment. Although neither are trained journalists, the cable network bills their talkfests as "news" shows.
    "The way they treat my son and anyone who's opposed to their point of view is just horrible," Bush said.
    Bush told CBS that harsh, unrelenting criticism "should not be par for the course. To the degree it turns off one student or one person from serving, that's bad."
    The former President was also critical of right-wing commentators for the way they treat current President Barack Obama. The attacks, he said, "crosses the lines of civility" but added that he did not think the majority of attacks from the right stemmed from racism.

and the point in you posting this?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    and the point in you posting this?
    I was going to offer GHW Bush some cheese to go with the whine. Poor Georgie boy.

He evenly criticized right wing media. Of course he was going to say more about MSNBC, he has a dog in that fight.

So back to the original question.

Your point?

Or is it like everything else you post: pointless?
    ________
    StarrySky
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Obama is whining worse about Fox. "I've got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration."
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Can you imagine the uproar if ANY conservative commentator said something like this about a liberal?

On Tuesday’s Countdown show, MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann spewed bile at conservative commentator Michelle Malkin, accusing her of possessing "fascistic hatred," and comparing her to a "mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it."
    During his show’s regular "Worst Person" segment, Olbermann attacked Malkin for her role in bringing attention to the recent controversy over school children in New Jersey singing a song about President Obama. Blaming the conservative commentator for death threats made against a woman who posted video of the children singing, Malkin was crudely slammed by Olbermann: "She received death threats and hate-filled voice mails all thanks to the total mindless, morally bankrupt, knee-jerk, fascistic hatred, without which Michelle Malkin would just be a big mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it."

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I was going to offer GHW Bush some cheese to go with the whine. Poor Georgie boy.
    Your lack of respect for former President Bush speaks volumes...As a father I expect him to stick up for his son, as a former president he speaks the truth and is sticking up for the attack on the office Pres Bush 41 has served this country in very many ways , I respect that service very much..Olbermann is a sports anchor turned political commentator
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

An old joke says that when you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Ring a bell?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    He evenly criticized right wing media. Of course he was going to say more about MSNBC, he has a dog in that fight.

So back to the original question.

Your point?

Or is it like everything else you post: pointless?
    Two sentences does not make it equal criticism

The whiner in chief took to his web address this morning to complain again about how unfair it is to question his exaulted greatness. The man is biggest whiner there is Roger and he doesn't have one iota of class that GHB has-get over it. Do let us know when Dear Leader is going to stop campaigning and start acting like a president....