RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

it was ugly (UT/OU) <gdg>

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Sundown49 aka Otey B 
#1 ·
...but a win is a win, especially with UT/OU!!!!

and at the end of the day, sooner fans still have to live in oklahoma... and LSU is still on the outside looking in... ;-)

wooohoooo! hook'em horns!!!!!

#3 ·
Ugliest WIN....hope I never have to witness another,leaves a funny after taste, not as sweet as before but I will wash it down with a Dr.Pepper (gotta work later)...the dogs bombed out at the first series of the Open in Port Arthur so I guess its a wash...

#4 ·
I watched some of the second half and don't understand how Texas gets to be ranked #3, they just don't look that good. I would expect them to fall again this week in the ranking. Florida or Bama would beat them by 25 points. I think as bad as LSU's QB is, that they could beat the Horns. Maybe we'll see Texas v LSU in one of the smaller bowls this season.

#5 ·
I watched some of the second half and don't understand how Texas gets to be ranked #3, they just don't look that good. I would expect them to fall again this week in the ranking. Florida or Bama would beat them by 25 points. I think as bad as LSU's QB is, that they could beat the Horns. Maybe we'll see Texas v LSU in one of the smaller bowls this season.
You still have Auburn,Alabama and Arkansas to contend with, I dont think LSU will win all three and two losses and no conference championship doesnt get to a BCS bowl which is where my Horns are headed :p:p

and yes I agree Alabama would have stomped them today...but Arkansas is giving FLA everything they want so far today:D

#7 ·
It is only halftime on the Forida v Arkansas game. Gators should win by 10-14 points.

I have a rule about not betting on the home team. I really want to take the Saints -3.5 against the Giants tomorrow. Saints have covered the spread in all thier games so far. I am taking the Bears and the 3 points against the Falcons.

#8 ·
you guys all gotta remember you had two great defenses on that field - give credit to each!!!! and a rivalry like this on neutral ground! hard to count out the offenses when it was so even on defense. it was just a dang good defensive game, and since they arent as exciting people try to talk down the offenses. i disagree.

this game is just like no other, period. only sooners and longhorns know what is like to year after year have a 50yd-line to 50-yd line crowd. no other game in college football has this atmosphere. its intoxicating to be there, and if you have ever been there just once then when you watch on TV you get chills down your spine, whether crimson or burnt orange, whether 1 year or 30 years later..

we all have rivalries, we have A&M and OU as OSU, Florida and Florida state etc.....but home and home doesnt match the magic of the UT/OU 50/50 split.

Bradsford is a dream, i hate to see him go down like that. but having had shoulder injury and then surgery myself i knew with BYU that was no sprain. sure, he can pass his way through it and maybe get through the season, but one hit like he took today - and it wasnt that bad it was just at the worst angle - and its lights out. with 3 losses he should hang it up and prepare for combines. i bet you will see an increase of guys breaking early to the NFL after this. cant blame 'em.

and i dont care who you are, the friendship that Colt and Sam have built between themselves should serve as an inspiration for all of us. its amazing, unprecedented, and embodies the true spirit of competition and respect.

Sam Bradford is one of the greatest college competitors i have ever seen. i wish him the best.

#9 ·
Anybody with talent like OU's Bradford should always, always, always opt for the NFL draft early and forget about college football heroics and the lure of a national title. Whoever convinced him to come back this year did Bradford no favor and unfortunately he's damaged goods now.

If Oklahoma had its starting quarterback today it wins that game easily. The Texas team was awful for a squad that thinks it's the best in the nation. They shouldn't be in the top 5.

#11 ·
Nope!!! but i can't blame you...afterall, LSU is pretty much out of the picture...geeze, its really tough when no one cares about LSU isnt it?? ;-)

but dont worry, Bradford is likely out for the season and Mcoys ratings just took another hit since he spent most of the game on the turf. but what a TD saving tackle he had!!! we still have half of the season left, Florida is still no. 1, and it still looks like Fla. and ALA in the SEC title game.

guess you'll be doing a lot more training and duck hunting on saturdays now, eh?? ;-)

AND - 62-14???????????????????????????

just got back from the Bryan-College Station hunt test........poooooor aggies, but you know what??? no whining and they AGAIN put on a great test on STELLAR grounds.

#13 ·
Boy I sure liked that Kentucky win !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.