The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What does the White House hope to

Jeff-

I honestly don't remember the GWB group actively signaling out a network & running the Sunday gabfests as regliously as this Admin.does. It is amatuer and petty-IMO. However being from Illinois-well this is just Chicago politics at its worst.

Question Jeff-how did Clinton "handle" the unfriendly press? You cite the repubs-how about a dem?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Nixon routinely went after the networks -- particularly CBS and NBC. Reagan went after what he called the elitist eastern press of newspapers (NYT and Washington Post) as well as the "liberal" network shows. GWB -- often acting through Cheney -- went after the networks and individual reporters granting or denying access based on their perception of whether or not the reporting was "fair" (i.e. supportive). When it comes to attacking the media, the Obama administration is still playing in the amateur leagues when compared to any of thse administrations.
    Jeff, this is different. Why does the administration bitch and moan about Fox but refuses to appear on their programs to dispute the "lies" in person. They appear on other programs on the major networks complaining how they are misrepresented on Fox but will not face their accusers. Your take please
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 10-19-2009 at 11:06 PM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    So you agree then that FOX is a network with a point of view then?
    Does CNN, CNBC, ABC, NBC, and the rest have a point of view? Of course they do but as long as it fits your view of the world it's obviously alright. What amazes me is every time one of these administration bozos shoots their mouth off about how Fox is lying about something up pops a tape that affirms what was reported.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    This person actually said these things on videotape?!!

Why on earth would she do that?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    This person actually said these things on videotape?!!

Why on earth would she do that?
    Scary isn't it? For some reason, they have no fear.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

The only thing I distictly remember about Clinton was his definition of "it".

I have a newfound respect for Chris Wallace. He hit the nail on the head calling the white house a big bunch of crybabies. That is exactly how they look-and today that press secretary(who is a totally annoying bully) saying that Fox is only bucking the WH to make money!? So which is it-GOP puppet? Money grubbing capitalistic pigs? Or right leaning visionaries? Or whatever the heck Rahm said?? Why not throw the kitchen sink in there as well? Throw something until it sticks??? Like I said-no point at all, it makes them look like a big bunch of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    The only thing I distictly remember about Clinton was his definition of "it"
    I think it was 'IS'

Check with RK, but I think he maintains that neither Bush nor Clinton are still PRESIDENT. Please try to stay pertinent and focused on the PRESIDENT at hand, BHO, and refrain from making comparasions to other PRESIDENTS, past and future.

Here and Now Regards, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

gain by taking on Fox News?

What is the point? Don't we have more important thing to worry about?
    It appears that they believe that the news has only one side and there isn't a need for debate or opposition points of view.

Their treatment of the MSM (left wing extremist media) indicates their expectation isn't far off the mark either. The bowing by Brian Williams is just one example of how the MSM (left wing extremist media) has lost its objectivity.

The nation should be thankful, and I expect they are, for an opposition point of view.

On a happy note, it was reported today that the NY Times is cutting 8% (150 jobs) of their newsroom work force. I loathe celebrating when anyone loses their job and that is not the reason for being happy, the reason to be happy is we are seeing a decline of MSM (left wing extremist media) and its ability to completely frame the debate. Without Fox and the internet, Van Jones, ACORN, Dunn's approval of Mao are just small examples of issues the American people wouldn't have known about and needed to hear but weren't being served by the MSM (left wing extremist media). Fox, along with the internet, is a voice that allows all to see the corruption and radical agenda in this white house. The MSM (left wing extremist media) decline is happening slower than I would like, but at least the process is underway.

This attempt to marginalize any opposing view has made Fox a sympathetic figure....who would have thought...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

My apologies JD-I'll try harder in the future.

Funny thing about Slick Willie, I thought he was having trouble with deciding who he was doing "it" too?? Most likely still "is".....

I digress-

Still think this is a loosing battle for the WH,couldn't happened to a nicer bunch of egomaniacs.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Jeff, this is different. Why does the administration bitch and moan about Fox but refuses to appear on their programs to dispute the "lies" in person. They appear on other programs on the major networks complaining how they are misrepresented on Fox but will not face their accusers. Your take please
    In his book "What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington’s Culture of Deception”, Scott McClellan details a systematic policy within the Bush administration of rewarding and punishing both outlets (networks, newspapers) and individual reporters with access or restrictions on access (I would give page references and quotes but lent my copy to my son). This was done openly and without apology on a regular basis throughout Bush's first term. The policy became less apparent as Bush's popularity plummeted to a level where he needed access to the media more than they needed access to him.