The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What does the White House hope to

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    In his book "What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington’s Culture of Deception”, Scott McClellan details a systematic policy within the Bush administration of rewarding and punishing both outlets (networks, newspapers) and individual reporters with access or restrictions on access (I would give page references and quotes but lent my copy to my son). This was done openly and without apology on a regular basis throughout Bush's first term. The policy became less apparent as Bush's popularity plummeted to a level where he needed access to the media more than they needed access to him.
    And you guys all "hate" Bush don't you??

But it's OK for "the Obama??"

BTW---Bush is no longer President, this is about this WH's efforts to squelch the opposition, or in this case the other side of the story!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    So you agree then that FOX is a network with a point of view then?
    No....FNC routinely reports news that the other networks will not because their lips are firmly planted on the WH butt cheeks.

Point of view?....just reporting the news.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

The left is just POd at for because they break the stories that the state run media will not touch, like Van Jones, Rev Wright and Bill Ayers, and now the one about Anita Whatserface who is a maoist. The Osama WH cannot stand negative publicity or what I call the truth.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Nixon routinely went after the networks -- particularly CBS and NBC. Reagan went after what he called the elitist eastern press of newspapers (NYT and Washington Post) as well as the "liberal" network shows. GWB -- often acting through Cheney -- went after the networks and individual reporters granting or denying access based on their perception of whether or not the reporting was "fair" (i.e. supportive). When it comes to attacking the media, the Obama administration is still playing in the amateur leagues when compared to any of thse administrations.

Mainly because they were out to destroy him personally by any means necessary. He did bring a lot of the heat on himself. I'd love to see someone today with half the nads of our old buddy Dan Rather and actually challenge the Prez in a nationally televised press conference.

When the "main-stream" media like the "elitest eastern press newspapers" and the main network/cable news channels routinely slant, obfuscate and actually make up facts as they go....it is unfair and UNPROFESSIONAL AND IRRESPONSIBLE journalism.

GWB never sent his minions out in force to the sunday talk shows to whine and bitch and certainly never called into question the fact if they are an "actual" news channel. What is laughable is how these peons can say that with a straight face while MSNBC and CNN exist, and for that matter....what is left of NBC news.

Just another broken campaign promise of "transparency and not business as usual".
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

I find it interesting that the WH can send it's troops out Sunday to wage a war on THOUGHT, but can't decide what to do in Afgahnistan.
    Stan b & Elvis

and "the right" is just PO'd that their man lost the election.

the reason Bush comes up is that you guys gave him a free ride for many of the same things you say you loath about the way this administration does business. when Jeff or Roger point out you hypocrisy your only response is to inform us that G W Bush is no longer POTUS.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT IS NOT APPARENT TO ANYONE WHO CAN READ?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Osama wants things like they were in the soviet Union, where Izvestia and Pravda only told the news from the Communist party viewpoint. He doesn't like anyone reporting govt screwups.
    Bob, you only view things from the republican point of view. ie: Fox,Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Beck Savage ect.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    and "the right" is just PO'd that their man lost the election.

the reason Bush comes up is that you guys gave him a free ride for many of the same things you say you loath about the way this administration does business. when Jeff or Roger point out you hypocrisy your only response is to inform us that G W Bush is no longer POTUS.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT IS NOT APPARENT TO ANYONE WHO CAN READ?-Paul
    Sorry but some of us don't agree with the moronic decisions W made either, especially the liberal ones. Even if you couldn't hear us then (or weren't around here).

Can't believe I'm going to defend Jeff, but you are disgracing him by including him in your kool-aid drinking group of Roger and You.
    Jeff actually can intelligently express and backup his viewpoints, even if I don't agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Bob, you only view things from the republican point of view. ie: Fox,Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Beck Savage ect.
    That's what happens when you never consider anything outside of your comfort zone.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

Okay Roger--I've got to call you on this one. You only "view" from the left.