The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What does the White House hope to

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'm not sure about that Jeff. Watch a bit of these, then tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xsql...layer_embedded

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/10/15/...-are-the-jobs/

First you see Republican representatives pushing the talking point of "Where are the jobs?" then you see Fox anchors asking the same exact question as if they are independently asking questions about the news rather than repeating propaganda.
    I certainly would not call them unbiased, but do not think they are any more biased than MSNBC. An obvious problem at FOX is that, unlike other networks, political direction of news operations is considered rotine. This became apparent when a series of memos from FOX VP James Moody to news anchors were leaked. These provided explicit instructions on how stories on controversial issues should be slanted to support editorial positions (See http://mediamatters.org/research/200407140002). Personally, I do not watch any of the network news broadcasts because they have devolved into low cost entertainment with little journalistic meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'm not sure about that Jeff. Watch a bit of these, then tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xsql...layer_embedded

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/10/15/...-are-the-jobs/

First you see Republican representatives pushing the talking point of "Where are the jobs?" then you see Fox anchors asking the same exact question as if they are independently asking questions about the news rather than repeating propaganda.
    When jobs are promised and none are delivered, isn't this a fair question?

BTW--what is Unemployment in your state?
    Are jobs growing?

Where are the JOBS??

just askin......
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    When jobs are promised and none are delivered, isn't this a fair question?

BTW--what is Unemployment in your state?
    Are jobs growing?

Where are the JOBS??

just askin......
    I think the fair question would be, what time frame did he promise those jobs in? I remember him saying his stimulus package would generate 2.5 – 3 million jobs over the next 2years. He also said things were likely to get worse before they get better. Now, if he doesn’t deliver on his promise in that time frame, then I can see you being disillusioned. However, I think you have to give his efforts a chance to see if they work or not.

I believe it takes longer to fix something than it does to break it. The economy, housing market, and unemployment were already on a downward spiral when Obama took office, and had been deteriorating since about 2004 (maybe earlier). Is it fair to expect Obama to be able to fix it all in 9 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I think the fair question would be, what time frame did he promise those jobs in? I remember him saying his stimulus package would generate 2.5 – 3 million jobs over the next 2years. He also said things were likely to get worse before they get better. Now, if he doesn’t deliver on his promise in that time frame, then I can see you being disillusioned. However, I think you have to give his efforts a chance to see if they work or not.
    Well according to the Pres. and his minions in the mainstream media, his program is already working and everything's wonderful. Fox is the only network that isn't regurgitating the administration's spoon-fed talking points.

I believe it takes longer to fix something than it does to break it. The economy, housing market, and unemployment were already on a downward spiral when Obama took office, and had been deteriorating since about 2004 (maybe earlier). Is it fair to expect Obama to be able to fix it all in 9 months?
    No one wants to see the economy get worse than it already is nor do most expect a quick fix but to foolishly praise everything this administration has done as if all the problems are fixed and on the upturn isn't very believable either. What's even worse, is that by his fixation with any negative press and ostentatious attention to minutia such as any criticism makes him look like the narcissist I believe he is; and his appearances on lightweight shows like Letterman only reinforce that belief. Epic failures like appearing on entertainment shows, spending millions to photograph Air Force One over NYC and jetting off with an entourage to pimp Chicago for the Olympics indicate he's more concerned with his image than actually tackling the tough problems he faces.

Interesting:

http://www.republicans.waysandmeans....umentID=150826

At least 1 state has improved!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Interesting:

http://www.republicans.waysandmeans....umentID=150826

At least 1 state has improved!!
    ..and those jobs are in NO WAY related to the stimulus package.

Can you say oil?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    If you followed the thread, the opening question was had anyone ever heard of another administration going after the press in this way. I pointed out several that had gone after the press (Nixon, Reagan and Bush). One of the reesponses said that they did not remember that under Bush. I cited McClellan's book which stated that punishing networks and reporters was a regular practice under Bush (If you don't know, Scott McClellan was Bush's press secretary for three years). With respect to Fox News,

I think a distinction has to be made between their true news presentations and their opinion presentations. My own opinion is that their news operation isn't bad and that their opinion people might want to consider asking the news for help in checking facts.

If I were Obama I would not bother appearing on any Fox opinion program, or allowing any of my staff to appear, for a long time. There's no purpose since whatever they say will be distorted or buried. There is nothing to prevent the opinion shows from having their say. However, I don't believe that freedom of the press means that the administration has to participate in the Fox circus.

What I loved most about Fox's whines when Obama refused to appear was that Fox was attacking him for appearing on TV too much while complaining that he did dnot appear on their shows as well. Why wasn't he praised for avoiding even greater overexposure?
    Sorry for the delay in responding to your condescending remarks but living in BFE has it's disadvantages sometimes when it comes to Internet service.
    If you followed the thread which was "What does the WH hope to gain by taking on Fox...". I was asking why this administration refuses to answer the allegations if they are so far fetched. Go to Fox (which Fox has requested) and set them straight rather than whine to CNN and others. How hard would that be?
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 10-21-2009 at 08:27 PM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Julie R
    No one wants to see the economy get worse than it already is nor do most expect a quick fix but to foolishly praise everything this administration has done as if all the problems are fixed and on the upturn isn't very believable either. What's even worse, is that by his fixation with any negative press and ostentatious attention to minutia such as any criticism makes him look like the narcissist I believe he is; and his appearances on lightweight shows like Letterman only reinforce that belief. Epic failures like appearing on entertainment shows, spending millions to photograph Air Force One over NYC and jetting off with an entourage to pimp Chicago for the Olympics indicate he's more concerned with his image than actually tackling the tough problems he faces.
    Granted it was a conservative radio talk show, but the guest made a point about the Presidency being diminished when it is used on the minor stuff. That thought had been forming in my mind ... Presidential "presence" seems more impactful when it is used on issues selectively. Surely there was someone on the Pres staff that could have gone to Cophenhagen; or even the FL alone.

If there is a solution to health care, I sure would like to think he's putting concentrated thought on that rather than flying off to make a speech in Copenhagen about the Olympics. Or even giving more time to the A'stan strategy. The Queen of England is a figurehead ... but the POTUS is an "executive".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Check with RK, but I think he maintains that neither Bush nor Clinton are still PRESIDENT. Please try to stay pertinent and focused on the PRESIDENT at hand, BHO, and refrain from making comparasions to other PRESIDENTS, past and future.
    Here and Now Regards, JD
    From your fingertips to Roger Perry's eyes.....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Sorry for the delay in responding to your condescending remarks but living in BFE has it's disadvantages sometimes when it comes to Internet service.
    If you followed the thread which was "What does the WH hope to gain by taking on Fox...". I was asking why this administration refuses to answer the allegations if they are so far fetched. Go to Fox (which Fox has requested) and set them straight rather than whine to CNN and others. How hard would that be?
    As I said, I can't see any reason at all for the WH or any administration staff to talk with FOX in any in way, shape or form. Let FOX get their quotes from other outlets. FOX has shown no interest in even pretending to provide "fair and balanced" reporting of any administration activities. They have no entitlement to access and the administration provides lots of access to other players.