The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oath Keepers!!

Default Oath Keepers!!

Stan b & Elvis

WOW!!

I really thought this would catch some attention.
    It's about YOUR rights, especially 2nd amendment which is under assault!!

I guess I whiffed on this one.
    Stan b & Elvis

While founded by a constitutional lawyer who know just what not to say to avoid getting in trouble, this is sedition at the least, and treason at the worst. Do you really want our armed forces to decide on an individual basis what order they choose to follow, and which ones they don't? What calls police will respond to and which ones to ignore? Members of the armed forces already take an oath to support the Constitution, as do most civil servants.

We had a Korean/Vietnam vet detained by police in Pittsburgh for not staying in the "free speech zone" at a Bush speech. His crime and threat to national security was wearing an anti-war t-shirt. NOTHING threatening or even mentioning Bush per se. According to rule #10:

10. We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Should the police disobeyed their sergeant or the secret service?
    What about warrant-less wiretaps that were part of the "Patriot Act"? That's #2:

2. We will NOT obey any order to conduct warrantless searches of the American people, their homes, vehicles, papers, or effects -- such as warrantless house-to house searches for weapons or persons. (notice they did NOT mention electronic searches or wiretaps???)

I find #5 the most concerning however:

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty and declares the national government to be in violation of the compact by which that state entered the Union.

This sounds like carefully veiled secessionist talk. What exactly does "assert its soverignty" mean?

While nothing as worded is illegal, this type of talk is leading to a clear threat to the existence of the US. I suspect there were similar soundings prior to the Civil War. I cannot and will not support anything that threatens to dissolve the United States. I suspect if any soldier acts upon this "oath" and fails to report or disobeys orders, the UCMJ will have something to say about it. I can understand being sore about losing so many recent elections, but the way to vent that frustration is through the next elections...to win back seats....not to say "if I can't have it my way, I'll destroy the country!"
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

"if I can't have it my way, I'll destroy the country!"

Some might say that is happening now.
    It is truly amazing how it all goes back to Bush.

It's just a matter of time until YOUR party comes for your weapons!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Not my party RK. Neither was Bush.
    Life member NRA.
    Can't support veiled seditionists.
    I already took one oath to support and defend the Constitution when commissioned, and that's good enough for me.

I do think our projected deficit budget is the biggest existential threat we face. Maybe these oathkeepers should show their passion by all refusing to pay federal taxes? If their founder and board members would all withhold their tax payments, I might be inclined to send them the $30 they want for a sticker and wallet card.

(and I'm not taking it all back to Bush, its just that their resolve was already tested, and that was the only example thus far I could think of. I don't know of any teabaggers being arrested for peaceful demonstration. Hell, they had guys show up with guns that weren't arrested or put into "second amendment areas"! Why was it ok the last 8 years, but not now? All I'm askin')
    Last edited by dnf777; 10-20-2009 at 06:14 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Sedition...treason....geez louise, how about worried about our civil liberties and constitutional rights?
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    Sedition...treason....geez louise, how about worried about our civil liberties and constitutional rights?
    I assume your talking about the suspension of habeus corpus, warrantless wiretaps, seizure of library records, detaining people without legal representation or denial of a fair and speedy trial, or the ability to peacefully assemble and address grievances against the gov't without being detained into a "free speech zone"?

I agree 100%.

RoadKill...

When the Sheeple lock you up....

I'll BREAK YOU OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got your back BROTHER!!!!!

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    RoadKill...

When the Sheeple lock you up....

I'll BREAK YOU OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got your back BROTHER!!!!!

NCA
    Let's just say that I can't stop them here, but I am pretty sure we could slow them down for a while!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I assume your talking about the suspension of habeus corpus, warrantless wiretaps, seizure of library records, detaining people without legal representation or denial of a fair and speedy trial, or the ability to peacefully assemble and address grievances against the gov't without being detained into a "free speech zone"?

I agree 100%.

You know, folks always lump all this stuff together without ever breaking down the reason and background for such actions. Most of which are restricted for use in cases involving national security and the war on terrorists.

It's just the same old sorry, mis-leading leftist bilge who decry the "evil big brother is watching", yet at this very moment are instituting the largest government expansion in the history of the republic and are taking shots across the bow of media suppression.

It's the same people who promised "no red/blue folks, just Americans" who, if one disagrees, resists or challenges the status quo coming out of the WH...are vociferously condemned by not just the attack dogs of the WH but the Prez himself.

He's been whinning about how much the Chamber of Commerce has increased their campaign contributions over the last couple of years....yet says nothing about groups such as MoveOn.org, Acorn, the Unions, etc who poured in vastly larger sums that enabled Him to get elected.

Sadly, Acorn was using taxpayer money and Unions are squandering the hard-earned money of their constituents union dues which are meant for way more important things than campaign contributions.

Yes....several items you mention are included in the Oath-Keepers charter but I daresay they are there for protection agains the type of Congress and WH that are in power today. Who's main motivation is simply power itself.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.