The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: George W. Bush's Resume

A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    Just saying wikipedia should never be anyone's actual resource. If you don't know why, just look into their credibility.

Not saying it's true or false.
    Its kinda like asking the RTF for dog advice! Lot's of good, honest, information from experienced people, with just a few loose nuts once in a while. Gotta sort through it and find who you trust.

For example, for all things political, you should listen to what Yardley, Perry, and myself have to say, and take the rest with a grain of salt.

Almost miller time regards...
    Dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Bob, what if Obama gets the economy back on track and the people elect him to a second term? As I see it, Obama's biggest snafu is the health care plan.
    If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas....

Jeeze Bob, you say Obama has become the greatest disaster to befall this country? And in just 9 months? At least we have not had a disaster like the world trade center and a war started in the first 9 months of his presidency.
    Clinton could've made sure it NEVER happened, but he lost his nerve...nothing worse than a GUTLESS President....

The War in Afghanistan is an ongoing coalition conflict which began on October 7, 2001, as the US military's Operation Enduring Freedom that was launched, with help from the British military, in response to the September 11 attacks. The UK has, since 2002, led its own military operation, Operation Herrick, as part of the same war in Afghanistan.
    The stated aim of the invasion was to find Osama bin Laden and other high-ranking Al-Qaeda members and put them on trial,
    Roger, you DO understand that The Weekly Reader is a more credible news source than Wikipedia, right???

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Now THAT is funny!

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    And yet we agree again.
    I'll mark it on my calendar, Steve. It occurs so rarely!

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

For example, for all things political, you should listen to what Yardley, Perry, and myself have to say, and take the rest with a grain of salt.

Dave
    Now I've heard it all!!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Now I've heard it all!!
    No...The faucet and the drain are open. There'll be much more to come. Trust me.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post

Roger, you DO understand that The Weekly Reader is a more credible news source than Wikipedia, right???
    kg
    Well Keith, here is another source other than Wikipedia.

Operation Enduring Freedom began after the Taliban rejected U.S. demands made following terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Bush had called on Afghanistan's leaders to close terrorist training camps and hand over al Qaeda leaders, including Osama bin Laden. The president also demanded the return of all unjustly detained foreign nationals and the opening of terrorist training sites to U.S. inspection. When the terrorist ignored those demands, about 15 land-based bombers and 25 Navy strike aircraft from carriers launched the first strikes in Operation Enduring Freedom. In addition, U.S. and British ships and submarines launched some 50 Tomahawk missiles, then-Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Richard Myers reported that day.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/terro.../afghanann.htm

Do you still not believe that the reason for invading Afghanistan was to capture and bring to trial Osama Bin Laden and leaders of Al Qaeda as stated in Wikipedia?

By the way, I have no problem with the fact that we went after Bin Laden in Afghanistan. The only thing I dislike about the war in Afghanistan is that we did not follow through on capturing or killing Bin Laden. Here are a few quotes from W about Bin Laden.

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
    - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
    - G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
    - Bush, in remarks in a Press Availablity with the Press Travel Pool,
    The Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford TX, 12/28/01, as reported on
    official White House site

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 10-22-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Its kinda like asking the RTF for dog advice! Lot's of good, honest, information from experienced people, with just a few loose nuts once in a while. Gotta sort through it and find who you trust.

Dave
    Sometimes, if you follow this advice, you will know less about the topic than you did before you asked!!

just sayin'
    Stan b & Elvis

Roger, I've said it before and I'll say it again: bin Laden lives in a CAVE...he's on the run CONSTANTLY from Predators and Hellfire missiles...such is the life of the leader of al Qaeda......frankly, I care more about what BHO is going to do about bin Laden than I am what Bush 43 said...'cause I live in the NOW, not the past. Try it sometime...it might help you sell some real estate. And again, if you want to live in the past, you need to place a big 'ole helping of blame on Clinton...had he acted when he had the opportunity, it is HIGHLY unlikely that al Qaeda would have had the financing to put 20 terrorists on American soil to pull off the biggest terrorist attack in American history....not to mention the organization....

Now we get to see what the '09 Nobel Peace Prize winner is made of...will he escalate the war like he said he would to get elected? Will he buck up and do what his military commanders tell him he should do to get the job done? Or will we be left to watch al Qaeda and the Taliban rise to a level of power that they have yet to enjoy as soon as we pull out?

I'm sure his year and a half as a Senator and his experience as a community organizer will help him make these decisions....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Luv IT. Says it all. He brings the mop out in front of a carefully chosen crowd that can laugh-many others aren't laughing and see right through his smoke screen.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam