The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Music As Torture

Default Music As Torture

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...tmo-detainees/

Torture is NOT a laughing matter, but I couldn't help chuckling over this.

Just about every parent of a teenager could claim to have endured this kind of torture for hours ... days ... weeks ... months ... YEARS?

If my captor gave me a choice of torture methods, I think I'd choose the music kind.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I think I'd rather stick an ice pick in my ear than listen to Michael Buble, Striesand or any Hip Hop! Today's country music would be a close second.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

they used Michael Bolton to flush out Noriega back in the 80s or 90s.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Maybe my oldest son and his band could get a plush government job playing to terrorists. They play what I call, "Music to kill your mother to". I'm going to the release of their first EP tonight and I am really looking forward to leaving with my ears bleeding.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

I recently TRIED to watch a documentary on “No Wave” music. I had never heard of it, so I was interested to hear what it was about. It was the most abrasive compilation of noise I have ever heard. I had to turn it off. If there is music genre that could be used as a form of torture, that would be it!

The gist of the article that started this thread was that musicians wanted to know what music was used as "torture". It would be interesting to know. The musicians filed a Freedom of Information request. Wouldn't it be a hoot if it turns out to be something like "God Bless the USA"
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.