The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Despair over financial policy

Default Despair over financial policy

For those who think that every liberal worships the Obama Administraion, check this out.

The Geithner plan has now been leaked in detail. Itís exactly the plan that was widely analyzed ó and found wanting ó a couple of weeks ago. The zombie ideas have won.

The Obama administration is now completely wedded to the idea that thereís nothing fundamentally wrong with the financial system ó that what weíre facing is the equivalent of a run on an essentially sound bank. As Tim Duy put it, there are no bad assets, only misunderstood assets. And if we get investors to understand that toxic waste is really, truly worth much more than anyone is willing to pay for it, all our problems will be solved.

This plan will produce big gains for banks that didnít actually need any help; it will, however, do little to reassure the public about banks that are seriously undercapitalized. And I fear that when the plan fails, as it almost surely will, the administration will have shot its bolt: it wonít be able to come back to Congress for a plan that might actually work.
    See the whole blog entry here:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/200...ancial-policy/
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

The Obama administration is now completely wedded to the idea that there?s nothing fundamentally wrong with the financial system ? that what we?re facing is the equivalent of a run on an essentially sound bank.
    I distinctly remember a tv/radio ad in which the Obama campaign was slinging mud at McCain for a quote that was eerily similar to this one...

I guess now he suddenly agrees with McCain?
    ________
    Reflex sympathetic dystrophy advice
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Geithner and Summers both need to go. It seems that every decision that these guy makes is for the benefit of the boys of Wall St and particularly Goldman Sachs. It is the old boy network with winks and nods to there buds that whatever happens we will be sure to take care of you. Time for Obama to jettison these guys and find some new blood.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Geithner and Summers both need to go. It seems that every decision that these guy makes is for the benefit of the boys of Wall St and particularly Goldman Sachs. It is the old boy network with winks and nods to there buds that whatever happens we will be sure to take care of you. Time for Obama to jettison these guys and find some new blood.
    I don't know enough to agree or disagree with you on that. My gut feeling is, you're right. However, friends in that business (who are rabid republican tea-baggers) assured me that America was VERY close to a financial collapse. I thought it was odd to see them happy when the market bottomed around 7000....they said if that's all we suffer, we should thank our lucky stars! Many investors had their fingers on the trigger to pull out of American markets and trade cash assets for else, and it was this team along with some Bush leftovers that narrowly guided us back onto the somewhat stable ground we're on now.

I think we'll have to wait and read the history books on this one.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't know enough to agree or disagree with you on that. My gut feeling is, you're right. However, friends in that business (who are rabid republican tea-baggers) assured me that America was VERY close to a financial collapse. I thought it was odd to see them happy when the market bottomed around 7000....they said if that's all we suffer, we should thank our lucky stars! Many investors had their fingers on the trigger to pull out of American markets and trade cash assets for else, and it was this team along with some Bush leftovers that narrowly guided us back onto the somewhat stable ground we're on now.

Stable for whom???? Goldman-Sachs????

I'm with Cotts.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

Nay, Nay, Nay.......watch that Frontline episode..."THe Warning"......Geitner and Summers were both underlings of Rubin back when Rubin was in bed with Greenspan.....both of them were very PRO MARKET.....the market will regulate itself.....it proved to be BS and Greenspan admitted he was dead wrong in front of Congress.

Geitner and Summers are the same thing.....very pro market and pro Wall Street....OF COURSE THERE IS NOTHING WRONG...THE MARKET WILL POLICE ITSELF.

Go to PBS and watch that segment.....it will open your eyes.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    Stable for whom???? Goldman-Sachs????

I'm with Cotts.
    Not arguing with ya....just saying a couple of dollars still buys a loaf of bread....apparently we were much closer to full-out collapse than what many realized, and that may NOT have been the case.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!